PDA

View Full Version : Wharton baseball

Scoop27
02-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Could be a long year for the Tigers who lost their opener to Bay City on Monday 16-5.
First year coach Donald Allen is a graduate of Wharton and played baseball and football at Rice University.
The talent just isn't here like it used to be when Floyd Ciruti was the coach. Floyd is now a fishing guide in Matagorda.
Guess Wharton and Royal will battle it out for the cellar.
El Campo won their opener over Victoria St. Joseph. Their coach Russell Krenek is a Ricebird grad and played two years at Wharton County Junior College

SHSBulldog00
02-20-2013, 10:55 PM
Wharton plays Sweeny Thursday @ 2 in WC during the Hit and Run Classic

Weebe
02-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Coach Ciruti didn't have great talent, he was just a very good coach.

Roughneck93
02-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Wharton plays Sweeny Thursday @ 2 in WC during the Hit and Run Classic

You going to be there for any of the games?

Scoop27
02-20-2013, 11:47 PM
Hopefully they can play tomorrow with the bad weather coming this way

SHSBulldog00
02-20-2013, 11:50 PM
You going to be there for any of the games?

Can't make it on Thursday or Saturday due to coaching duties but I will make the Friday games in Sweeny.

Roughneck93
02-20-2013, 11:53 PM
Can't make it on Thursday or Saturday due to coaching duties but I will make the Friday games in Sweeny.

Gotcha. I'll see you out there Friday.

Scoop27
02-21-2013, 07:16 AM
Do you have the complete schedule and where the games are at?
Thanks

Roughneck93
02-21-2013, 07:59 AM
Do you have the complete schedule and where the games are at?
Thanks

Here you go Scoop...

Hit and Run Classic

Thursday Games in West Columbia
11:30 Wharton vs. Bay City
2:00 Sweeny vs. Wharton
4:30 Danbury vs. Sweeny
7:00 Columbia vs. Sealy

Friday Games in Sweeny
11:30 Columbia vs. Danbury
2:00 Sweeny vs. Bay City
4:30 Sealy vs. Danbury
7:00 Sweeny vs. Sealy

Saturday Games in West Columbia
11:30 Columbia vs. Wharton
2:00 Wharton vs. Danbury
4:30 Sealy vs. Bay City
7:00 Columbia vs. Bay City

maestro
02-21-2013, 11:19 AM
Could be a long year for the Tigers who lost their opener to Bay City on Monday 16-5.
First year coach Donald Allen is a graduate of Wharton and played baseball and football at Rice University.
The talent just isn't here like it used to be when Floyd Ciruti was the coach. Floyd is now a fishing guide in Matagorda.
Guess Wharton and Royal will battle it out for the cellar.
El Campo won their opener over Victoria St. Joseph. Their coach Russell Krenek is a Ricebird grad and played two years at Wharton County Junior College

Concerning wharton baseball let me just say

Quoting coach Kevin mchale of the houston rockets......you can tell them how to think and feel, but you cannot make them think and feel. The wharton parents need to support coach Allen but it is tough sledding when kids show up as fresh, soph, jr, and seniors and possess no skills, and no glove....I.e. never have played before.

You can manage baseball practice two hours a day...but it is tough to teach beginning skills in just two hours.

Also coach ciruti was blessed with assistant coaches that lived for baseball. Former assistants are now scattered out across Texas being successful.

Scoop.....wharton parents need to restructure their entire summer programs also.

Here is wishing coach Allen proves everyone wrong and has success.