PDA

View Full Version : Navasota football coaching changes????????

ag4
02-17-2013, 05:09 PM
Has anyone else heard rumor of coaching changes coming in navasota? Not only assistants but also possibly head guy- fedora? I have not heard from fedora in a while, but was wondering if this could be true. Heard someone talking about this at the lonestar clinic.

vtskneb
02-17-2013, 08:43 PM
Has anyone else heard rumor of coaching changes coming in navasota? Not only assistants but also possibly head guy- fedora? I have not heard from fedora in a while, but was wondering if this could be true. Heard someone talking about this at the lonestar clinic.

I am not certain about this but I thought I remembered that a Navasota poster indicated that his ambitions were to coach at the next level, maybe OC. I have no idea how credible that information is (and maybe I am confussing him for someone else) but I also believe that he is the brother of the UNC head coach. Would not be shocking if he did make the move, if all the above information is true. He was head and shoulders above his competition the day of the title game. Those types of coaches usually move on once they have reached the pinnacle of THSF.

Saggy Aggie
02-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Well there's been speculation every year for about the last 5 that fedora would leave, but up until this year his teams hadnt gotten it done.

This time his team did win state and so maybe he's got nothing left to prove in Navasota or HS and could make the move? It wouldn't surprise me

navscanmaster
02-18-2013, 02:28 AM
Like Saggy said, anything is possible, but his name comes up every year, and he is prepping for his ninth football season in Navasota at this time, so I tend to think he will hang around until proven otherwise. He has turned down better jobs at the 5A level to stay here thus far.

zebrablue2
02-19-2013, 09:34 PM

5 more yrs at the HS level, and then he takes Mack Brown's place at UT! The only rumor I've heard...

Manso/V8
02-19-2013, 10:23 PM
5 more yrs at the HS level, and then he takes Mack Brown's place at UT! The only rumor I've heard...

Kind of a big jump.

OldBison75
02-19-2013, 11:29 PM
Fedora would retire before coaching Texas. He is an Aggie all the way.

lostaussie
02-20-2013, 09:02 AM
He was head and shoulders above his competition the day of the title game .This story is about Nav's possible coaching changes. I find it amusing you take a chance to get a shot at our coach and staff. Fedora has been to 1 state championship game, Traylor has been to 4. I will put our staff against any in the state. Traylor has had many opportunities..........he's just a hometown guy who coaches em' up in Buckeyeland. On that particular day we were out-manned, not out coached. Sometimes you are just in over your head. No need for jabs.

Weebe
02-20-2013, 09:04 AM
Fedora would retire before coaching Texas. He is an Aggie all the way.

Wrong

waterboy
02-20-2013, 10:00 AM
This story is about Nav's possible coaching changes. I find it amusing you take a chance to get a shot at our coach and staff. Fedora has been to 1 state championship game, Traylor has been to 4. I will put our staff against any in the state. Traylor has had many opportunities..........he's just a hometown guy who coaches em' up in Buckeyeland. On that particular day we were out-manned, not out coached. Sometimes you are just in over your head. No need for jabs.
I agree. We were definitely outmanned, not outcoached. Navasota executed their game plan to perfection. Gilmer did not. Execution and more seasoned athletes is what killed us in that game, not coaching.

buckeyebob
02-20-2013, 02:03 PM
[QUOTE=lostaussie;1738395]This story is about Nav's possible coaching changes. I find it amusing you take a chance to get a shot at our coach and staff. Fedora has been to 1 state championship game, Traylor has been to 4. I will put our staff against any in the state. Traylor has had many opportunities..........he's just a hometown guy who coaches em' up in Buckeyeland. On that particular day we were out-manned, not out coached. Sometimes you are just in over your head. No need for jabs.

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/free-sign-smileys-968.gif (http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/facebook-smileys.html)

Rabid Cougar
02-20-2013, 02:12 PM

Channeling Todd Dodge are you?