PDA

View Full Version : Luling-Lockhart BBQ Road Trip

Scoop27
02-17-2013, 01:21 AM
The BBQ road trip from Hungerford
Started out at Luling City Market and got there about 11 before the crowd hit
Brisket was fine but really liked the sausage and of course the mustard based sauce and potato salad.
Then went to Smitty's- Crowd was growing but didn't have to wait long in line. Brisket was fantastic with a completely different taste that Luling and very juicy.
Sausage was good too but didn't care for the slaw- Sauce was also good
By this time wife was full
Then went to Black's and was very disappointed as brisket was dry. Sausage was okay
Line was far out the door already.
Then went to Kreuz and its packed. Brisket was okay but couldn't compare to Smitty's or Luling.
Walked around down town Lockhart and they had street venders with a band.
Was a great roadtrip

Old Tiger
02-17-2013, 07:57 AM
My opinion of the 4 I went to yesterday all of which I ordered brisket and ribs.

1 city market
2 smittys
3 blacks
4 Kreuz

Overall city market was best

Kreuz was so dried out

Scoop27
02-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Like I said, City Market and Smitty's was close. Both were moist. Smitty's just had a different kind of taste which my wife and I both liked. Don't know if was the smoked flavor or a spice which was used

1st and goal
02-17-2013, 10:01 AM
A tip for eating out BBQ. I've been told it's better to get to the BBQ places after the lunch run. That way, the warmed over left overs from the previous day are used up. So, if you're late to go to lunch, go BBQ. If you're early, go to Popeyes fried chicken when the grease is still fresh. :)

Old Tiger
02-17-2013, 10:38 AM
I started about 9 am and was done by about 11.