PDA

View Full Version : where is state game held?

mr.leopard man
12-02-2003, 11:40 PM
so far i heard Houston reliant stadium..is this correct?? :)

kaorder1999
nobody knows yet

jason
wherever the two teams agree to...

Leopards,class of 75
12-02-2003, 11:43 PM
I agree with Jason on that one. Unless they changed the way they use to do it.

jason
12-02-2003, 11:45 PM
Leopards,class of 75:
I agree with Jason on that one. Unless they changed the way they use to do it.its not like baseball and basketball...they just try to find a neutral site...if there ever is one where somebody doesnt like it...either because of driving distance or they cant throw their tortillas, lol... :D

kaorder1999
12-02-2003, 11:46 PM
they can flip home for home if they want to

jason
12-02-2003, 11:47 PM
kaorder1999:
they can flip home for home if they want tonever seen that for a state title game...

Owen B
12-02-2003, 11:50 PM
Commerce and Sealy did home-home in '97 and '99. Sealy's "home" stadium was the Astrodome, and Commerce's was Texas Stadium.

kaorder1999
12-02-2003, 11:52 PM
Owen B:
Commerce and Sealy did home-home in '97 and '99. Sealy's "home" stadium was the Astrodome, and Commerce's was Texas Stadium.yep

jason
12-02-2003, 11:53 PM
kaorder1999:

Owen B:
Commerce and Sealy did home-home in '97 and '99. Sealy's "home" stadium was the Astrodome, and Commerce's was Texas Stadium.yepoh....i guess that one was before my time...you old guys tend to remember stuff like that... :D :D :D :D :D

kaorder1999
12-02-2003, 11:54 PM
jason:

kaorder1999:

Owen B:
Commerce and Sealy did home-home in '97 and '99. Sealy's "home" stadium was the Astrodome, and Commerce's was Texas Stadium.yepoh....i guess that one was before my time...you old guys tend to remember stuff like that... :D :D :D :D :D u were in HS then werent you

TexasHSFootball
its possible that if North Shore and The Woodlands wins their games, Texas High and Calallen win their games, then Burnet and Gainesville all win theirs.. we could potentially see a 5A, 4A and 3A Division I Championship Triple Header at the Astrodome next Saturday, which could potententially put all 3 games on TV.

KTJ
if it's Burnet/Gainesville, i'd say texas stadium should they both agree....possibly waco isd (split distance, kinda) or maybe even rrisd stadium. (should burnet win the flip.)

sinton66
12-02-2003, 11:55 PM
Personally, I think all playoff games should be held in Corpus Christi. :D :D :D

Keith7
12-02-2003, 11:56 PM
They should play it in austin..

i love stayin in austin for state

kaorder1999
12-03-2003, 12:02 AM
id just like to see another state championship game...ive only seen one in person

Bull's-eye
12-03-2003, 12:03 AM
TexasHSFootball:
its possible that if North Shore and The Woodlands wins their games, Texas High and Calallen win their games, then Burnet and Gainesville all win theirs.. we could potentially see a 5A, 4A and 3A Division I Championship Triple Header at the Astrodome next Saturday, which could potententially put all 3 games on TV.I heard that if both North Shore and The Woodlands win, they will play at Reliant Stadium.

<small>[ December 02, 2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Bull's-eye ]</small>

Rabbit'93
12-03-2003, 12:04 AM
Keith7:
They should play it in austin..

i love stayin in austin for stateShoot I love austin for the great food and the fine music.

KTJ
12-03-2003, 12:05 AM
didn't midland lee/aldine eisenhower play the state championship at DKR in austin? i wonder why more schools don't play at DKR.

Keith7
12-03-2003, 12:06 AM
KTJ:
didn't midland lee/aldine eisenhower play the state championship at DKR in austin? i wonder why more schools don't play at DKR.You would think so since all other state championships are played in austin

TexasHSFootball
12-03-2003, 12:17 AM
Bull's-eye:

TexasHSFootball:
its possible that if North Shore and The Woodlands wins their games, Texas High and Calallen win their games, then Burnet and Gainesville all win theirs.. we could potentially see a 5A, 4A and 3A Division I Championship Triple Header at the Astrodome next Saturday, which could potententially put all 3 games on TV.I heard that if both North Shore and The Woodlands win, they will play at Reliant Stadium.The NFL wont allow anyone to play on the Reliant sufrace other than the Texans due to the replacing of the grass in preparation for the SuperBowl.. the Texans have a two week road trip and its the best chance for Reliant Stadium officials and the NFL to place in the new grass at the stadium.. so it would be the Astrodome. That rumor abpout Reliant is everywhere but its not true. Spoke to Reliant officials myself.

kaorder1999
12-03-2003, 12:19 AM
TexasHSFootball:

Bull's-eye:

TexasHSFootball:
its possible that if North Shore and The Woodlands wins their games, Texas High and Calallen win their games, then Burnet and Gainesville all win theirs.. we could potentially see a 5A, 4A and 3A Division I Championship Triple Header at the Astrodome next Saturday, which could potententially put all 3 games on TV.I heard that if both North Shore and The Woodlands win, they will play at Reliant Stadium.The NFL wont allow anyone to play on the Reliant sufrace other than the Texans due to the replacing of the grass in preparation for the SuperBowl.. the Texans have a two week road trip and its the best chance for Reliant Stadium officials and the NFL to place in the new grass at the stadium.. so it would be the Astrodome. That rumor abpout Reliant is everywhere but its not true. Spoke to Reliant officials myself.makes sense

J-RABBITS
12-03-2003, 01:30 AM
yea i remember forney/la grange played state at texas staduim in 2000...even though it was a much less travel for us than la grange...it was supposed to be at the waco isd staduim but was changed...

and to whoever said somethin about all 3 games on tv, that is not true...a 3a state game has never been on tv to my recollection...they just started putting 4a games on not too long ago...i dont think it would generate enough interest to get it on fox sports sw...

kaorder1999
12-03-2003, 10:03 AM
J-RABBITS:
yea i remember forney/la grange played state at texas staduim in 2000...even though it was a much less travel for us than la grange...it was supposed to be at the waco isd staduim but was changed...

and to whoever said somethin about all 3 games on tv, that is not true...a 3a state game has never been on tv to my recollection...they just started putting 4a games on not too long ago...i dont think it would generate enough interest to get it on fox sports sw...it could happen...the only reason 3A games havnt been on is because they are usually at different locations....if theyere are 3 games te hre there is a good chance of them being televised....

Frank_Bama
12-03-2003, 10:13 AM
TexasHSFootball:
its possible that if North Shore and The Woodlands wins their games, Texas High and Calallen win their games, then Burnet and Gainesville all win theirs.. we could potentially see a 5A, 4A and 3A Division I Championship Triple Header at the Astrodome next Saturday, which could potententially put all 3 games on TV.Why would Burnet and Gainesville go to the Astrodome more likely Texas stadium.

TexasHSFootball
12-03-2003, 10:35 AM
Frank_Bama:

TexasHSFootball:
its possible that if North Shore and The Woodlands wins their games, Texas High and Calallen win their games, then Burnet and Gainesville all win theirs.. we could potentially see a 5A, 4A and 3A Division I Championship Triple Header at the Astrodome next Saturday, which could potententially put all 3 games on TV.Why would Burnet and Gainesville go to the Astrodome more likely Texas stadium.Why would Texas High travel all the way to the Astrodome when they could play at Texas Stadium as well... if it gets on TV, trust me, Gainesville and Burnet would be willing to do get the extra exposure plus you have to take into account, all six teams would share gate money. It would be worth it for all the schools involved.

TexDoc
12-03-2003, 11:22 AM
No one has mentioned the Alamodome. That's the best place I've ever watched a high school game. It is one of two domes stadium in the state that can host high school games, so you don't have to worry about the weather. And, it is much nicer than the Astrodome. And...it is much more in the middle of the state. It just makes sense.

sahen
12-03-2003, 11:24 AM
KTJ:
if it's Burnet/Gainesville, i'd say texas stadium should they both agree....possibly waco isd (split distance, kinda) or maybe even rrisd stadium. (should burnet win the flip.)I think they would try to get Baylor to let them use Flloyd Casey before they went w/ Waco ISD....They could get a lot more people inside Baylor's stadium....

LowDownDawg
12-03-2003, 11:39 AM
Burnet would probably want to play in Corpus again
wink

Z motion 10 out on 2
12-03-2003, 11:39 AM
This is not the championship and may not even happen, but I heard that if Vernon and Gilmer play it will be in Texas stadium for the semi final.

I hope that it is true and I hope both teams win to make that happen.

cdlvj
12-03-2003, 12:15 PM
Austin is the ideal location, but Mack Brown put a stop to playoff games at DKR.

State finals work just like the rest of the locations selected.

Judson/Midland was at the Alamodome, Denton Ryan/Smithson Valley was at the rock pile.

Cat22
12-03-2003, 12:36 PM
I like the idea of having all the games played at one location. The Alamodome would be a good location because it is centrally located in the state and plus weather would not be a factor. I also like the idea of rotating the state games each year. What I mean by this is one year have them in Dallas, the next year in Houston and the next year in San Antonio and just keep rotating. This way you would know where the games will be played and you could make arrangements earlier to see them.

cdlvj
12-03-2003, 01:42 PM
That has been talked about because of the controversies. Or on a rotating basis, 5A in San Antone, 4A in Texas Stadium, 3A in Houston, etc.
Following year 4A goes to SA, 3A to Texas Stadium etc.

cdlvj
12-03-2003, 01:46 PM
I might add though, that the SA media is really bad about letting people know that games are being played at the Alamodome or even the final score. If it isn't a local team, then forget it about it being mentioned on Sports news radio and TV.

PAINTBALL
12-03-2003, 01:54 PM
Sponsers used to put together packages to try to get as many State games played in the same Stadium. I remember in 91 the Sponser payed for the Astro Dome, both Burnet's and Groesbeck's travel and lodging and had a banquet for the kids, coaches, and parents the night before the game. I haven't heard of this being done lately, but it still might be going on.

Keith7
12-03-2003, 02:02 PM
sahen:

KTJ:
if it's Burnet/Gainesville, i'd say texas stadium should they both agree....possibly waco isd (split distance, kinda) or maybe even rrisd stadium. (should burnet win the flip.)I think they would try to get Baylor to let them use Flloyd Casey before they went w/ Waco ISD....They could get a lot more people inside Baylor's stadium....People from the Gainesville area know that baylor's stadium was used for the TAPPS 2A title, i dont see why it could not be used for the UIL 3A title

kaorder1999
12-03-2003, 02:30 PM
it can be used if they let them use the stadiuma nd the coaches agree upon it!

sahen
12-03-2003, 02:48 PM
Keith7:

sahen:

KTJ:
if it's Burnet/Gainesville, i'd say texas stadium should they both agree....possibly waco isd (split distance, kinda) or maybe even rrisd stadium. (should burnet win the flip.)I think they would try to get Baylor to let them use Flloyd Casey before they went w/ Waco ISD....They could get a lot more people inside Baylor's stadium....People from the Gainesville area know that baylor's stadium was used for the TAPPS 2A title, i dont see why it could not be used for the UIL 3A titleexactly and this weekend it is being used for the TAPPS 3a and 5a state title games....UIL 3a seems good especially if it is a semi-central location for the 2 teams in the game...plus i'd get to go! :)

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 01:49 PM: Message edited by: sahen ]</small>

Burnet '94
12-03-2003, 03:17 PM
Austin is the ideal location, but Mack Brown put a stop to playoff games at DKR.
Had Manor beat Jasper, we would have played Friday at DKR. Mack will let Shipley and Burnet play there.

westcoast54
12-03-2003, 03:29 PM
Cat 22, I like your idea of rotating the games each year. I wish the coaches association would start having coaching school in San Antonio also. I love that place!!!

sahen
12-03-2003, 03:35 PM
westcoast54:
Cat 22, I like your idea of rotating the games each year. I wish the coaches association would start having coaching school in San Antonio also. I love that place!!!they rnt gonna rotate because UIL wants the coaches to decide on the spot mainly for MONEY...whichever place they can go to and get the most fans at is where the money is...and money drives everything...i know this year two houston area teams GP North Shore and The Woodlands in Div. 1 5a have a very good chance of meeting in the state title game...if they were rotating and had to play in in dallas or san antonio there would be much less fans and much less support...not from the schools themselves but alotta people go to the games just cause someone in their district made it to the title game or in their area...those people most of the time (with exception to alot of people on this great message board) will not travel therefore less money will be made...that is y they dont rotate...money...its all about money

<small>[ December 03, 2003, 02:36 PM: Message edited by: sahen ]</small>

dawg03
12-03-2003, 03:36 PM
Burnet '94:

Had Manor beat Jasper, we would have played Friday at DKR. Mack will let Shipley and Burnet play there.I agree, he would let ship play there