PDA

View Full Version : Mack at it Again, When will the Old White Guy Learn

rancher
02-13-2013, 05:03 PM
Mack now has a policy if you commit with him, you cannot visit another skool. How stupid can it get at tu. Here it is sports fans.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2013/02/texas_becomes_latest_school_to.html

ogg
02-13-2013, 05:14 PM
Mack now has a policy if you commit with him, you cannot visit another skool. How stupid can it get at tu. Here it is sports fans.

That's really old old news dude.

OLE'BULL
02-13-2013, 05:26 PM

It is kind of a double edge sword, slippery slope, etc. The only reason it is disadvantageous to a recruit would be if he wanted to commit to a team he was "somewhat" interested in before the season as an insurance policy in case he gets hurt. That being said, if he starts getting better offers, he can decommit and go down the road and take visits and commit elsewhere. Or, he could take a chance and not commit before the season. I dont think it is a bad policy at all. I think I heard Sumlin and the Ags do the same thing, they just dont make it as public. I know if I had an offer going in to the season from a school that I was considering, I would have taken it. It sounds terrible but you have to protect yourself. I know from experience. Schools tend to stop calling after you have been seriously injured unless you are a top recruit. Just like the recruit reserves the right to change their mind and decommit, so should the university...

Macarthur
02-13-2013, 07:16 PM
This is not a new policy for UT.

Old Tiger
02-13-2013, 08:12 PM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&docid=wAHtP1zsZEUUlM&tbnid=3Jx1BQoDxnxk5M:&ved=0CAgQjRwwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rivervet.com%2Fpearl_harbor.h tm&ei=BTocUYCRHIT72QWJj4G4Cw&psig=AFQjCNHNnZqupZzv0djip7_iWX8lf0eWvQ&ust=1360890757496393

hooverhog
02-13-2013, 10:15 PM
I don't see what the problem is. If a recruit wants to be able to look around, then don't commit when you get an offer. If you are 100% sure you want to be at a university then commit. By the way, what does being white have to do with it?

Weebe
02-13-2013, 10:30 PM
I don't see what the problem is. If a recruit wants to be able to look around, then don't commit when you get an offer. If you are 100% sure you want to be at a university then commit. By the way, what does being white have to do with it?

The problem is that Mack recruits kids that are committed to other schools but is critical of kids who decommit from Texas.

bobcat1
02-13-2013, 11:21 PM
The problem is that Mack recruits kids that are committed to other schools but is critical of kids who decommit from Texas.

Cause he is and always will be a whine bag.

Bull Butter
02-13-2013, 11:29 PM

It's a double-edged sword. He got fat locking up kids 2 years before signing day but now gets huffy if they legally explore their options before they are obligated to sign on the dotted line. Hey Mack,if you don't like it, stop getting commitments from 8th Graders

Phil C
02-14-2013, 09:00 AM

He used to not do so unless contacted by the kids themselves. Now he is just fighting fire with fire.

Phil C
02-14-2013, 09:03 AM
Cause he is and always will be a whine bag.

Probably true that but still that old whine bag has more NCs than any Aggie Coac got at A&M except for Coach Homer Norton.

Maroon87
02-14-2013, 02:17 PM
It's a double-edged sword. He got fat locking up kids 2 years before signing day but now gets huffy if they legally explore their options before they are obligated to sign on the dotted line. Hey Mack,if you don't like it, stop getting commitments from 8th Graders

Only coach recruiting 8th graders is Rich Rod....

Farmersfan
02-14-2013, 04:10 PM
I think if a recruit commits to a school but feels the need to continue to look around then that indicates he was pressured to commit before he was ready! That's on the coach.................. Until that recruit actually signs on the bottom line the coaches around the league have no real claim to him....................

jason
02-14-2013, 04:20 PM
I think if a recruit commits to a school but feels the need to continue to look around then that indicates he was pressured to commit before he was ready! That's on the coach.................. Until that recruit actually signs on the bottom line the coaches around the league have no real claim to him....................
then doesn't that mean, until a player signs on the bottom line, they have no claim to the school?

NastySlot
02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
then doesn't that mean, until a player signs on the bottom line, they have no claim to the school?

Ask the kid from desoto.

pancho villa
02-15-2013, 09:47 AM
tu needs to hire some Mexicans to do their recruiting. Them boys would be able to take care of things on the GRASS then!!!!!!!