PDA

View Full Version : Astros to AL

ethsfbnut
02-12-2013, 09:05 AM
What do the Astros fans think about the move to AL west? Believe it could get interesting in several years. Would be great if both were fighting for 1st in west.

waterboy
02-12-2013, 09:12 AM
I think the Astros will be more competitive this year than last, but I still think they have a long way to go to be in the hunt for any kind of title. I do think they break into the "less than 100" losses this year, though. The American League West is going to be a monster. I'm still not sure who to give the edge to at this point, but the odds are LA, Oakland, and Texas will battle it out for the division title.

ethsfbnut
02-12-2013, 09:46 AM
I think the Astros will be more competitive this year than last, but I still think they have a long way to go to be in the hunt for any kind of title. I do think they break into the "less than 100" losses this year, though. The American League West is going to be a monster. I'm still not sure who to give the edge to at this point, but the odds are LA, Oakland, and Texas will battle it out for the division title.

Agree with LA as the favorite. On paper they look like 100+ win team. Hope they fall on their a$$es. Trout is headed for greatness.

Believe Rangers season depends on starting pitching. As it does for all teams. Also the young players development.

Oakland will be tough. Got it going last year when it counted.

Ready for some baseball.

YTBulldogs
02-12-2013, 09:53 AM
Houston could set the record for the worse team ever, record wise. I'm so pissed they moved to the AL, and how they destroyed this franchise over the last several years under Drayton. Hopefully this new owner can right the wrongs. But, I don't care cause I don't like the AL. Was once a Astro season ticket holder.

cougartino
02-12-2013, 09:53 AM
The top and bottom of the division will be housed by Texas teams. But make no bones about it, the Astros are at best a lower echelon AAA team. The only suspense this lies within:

1. Will they lose more than 100 games?
2. How soon will it be before ticket prices and concessions are reduced to get more fans to the juicebox? My bet is on mid July.

Any takers on that bet?

Lion70
02-12-2013, 09:56 AM
The Lastros are the best AAA team in the Majors. A AL move into a much harder division won't change that.

lostaussie
02-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Long gone are the childhood days of Don Wilson, Jimmy Wynn, Cesar Cedeno, Bob Watson, Doug Rader, Joe Morgan, Roger Metzger, Larry Dierker, Lee Mays and so on..........What a much simpler time back then:D

cougartino
02-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Long gone are the childhood days of Don Wilson, Jimmy Wynn, Cesar Cedeno, Bob Watson, Doug Rader, Joe Morgan, Roger Metzger, Larry Dierker, Lee Mays and so on..........What a much simpler time back then:D

Ya bringing back childhood memories. And the megaphone popcorn, the exploding dome, six shooting cowboys, and bulls after homers were classic! I hate my kids and grandkids won't ever get to experience it.

lostaussie
02-12-2013, 11:50 AM
Ya bringing back childhood memories. And the megaphone popcorn, the exploding dome, six shooting cowboys, and bulls after homers were classic! I hate my kids and grandkids won't ever get to experience it.Those were the first games i ever attended.......I thought the Astrodome was God's gift to baseball back in those days. We would make a weekend every year(until the Rangers came along) to go to Houston to a couple of games. I still have a 1973 framed team picture.

Saggy Aggie
02-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I'm one of the biggest Astros fans you'll find.

Not a fan of the move. All these trades are necessary though. In 3 years the Astros will be relevant again. They'll lose 100 + this year

Maroon87
02-12-2013, 01:15 PM
I keep hearing fans and "experts" say the Astros are "rebuilding." This isn't a rebuild...it's a total franchise reboot. They're just looking to stockpile players the next couple years. Wins and losses are almost irrelevant.

Bull Butter
02-12-2013, 01:22 PM
On the bright side, the Hooks should be good again this year

1st and goal
02-12-2013, 02:12 PM
The bright side to me would be 7 more 100+ loss seasons to be able to field a 9 player roster of all #1 draft picks....

Saggy Aggie
02-12-2013, 04:40 PM
I keep hearing fans and "experts" say the Astros are "rebuilding." This isn't a rebuild...it's a total franchise reboot. They're just looking to stockpile players the next couple years. Wins and losses are almost irrelevant.

Well yeah, but I'm optimistic these high draft picks and trading the entire MLB roster will produce some quality major leaguers in the next couple years

Rabid Cougar
02-13-2013, 01:08 AM
16 wins for the Rangers

ethsfbnut
02-13-2013, 04:25 PM
16 wins for the Rangers

.....to start the season? I`ll take that as long as they don`t tank after all-star break. Like last year.

Rabid Cougar
02-13-2013, 11:06 PM
.....to start the season? I`ll take that as long as they don`t tank after all-star break. Like last year.

They play the Astros 16 times this season.

regaleagle
02-14-2013, 01:24 AM
Personally, I think the move to the AL West will be a good thing for the Stros once they get a year under their belt. The attendance should go up, and it will force the club to develop more hitting. Houston has always been very good putting together good pitching. For those of you that are negative about this move....give it some time. I think in the long run you'll like the final product the franchise puts on the field and the games will become more exciting and entertaining.

ethsfbnut
02-14-2013, 11:21 AM
They play the Astros 16 times this season.

Would be great if both Rangers and Astros could contend every year. Would make for some great in state series. Take the attention away from the left coast teams.