PDA

View Full Version : Longhorns get committ from Dallas Carterl linebacker on Junior Day

Scoop27
02-10-2013, 10:24 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/college-football/longhorns-junior-day-updates/nWLFZ/

Weebe
02-10-2013, 10:42 PM
Hampton is a very good player. He wanted to commit to A&M last month but unfortunately there was no room as they already had higher rated prospects at his position committed.

hookandladder
02-11-2013, 07:23 AM
I am curious if Coach Browns new policy about committing early will hold weight with recruits, told them if I offer and you accept they means no more looking and visiting other schools. Wonder if he will allow a recruit that has committed to another school come visit his school or does he turn that kid down because he is already committed, should be interesting.

Old Tiger
02-11-2013, 07:34 AM
I am curious if Coach Browns new policy about committing early will hold weight with recruits, told them if I offer and you accept they means no more looking and visiting other schools. Wonder if he will allow a recruit that has committed to another school come visit his school or does he turn that kid down because he is already committed, should be interesting.

lip service most likely....Texas aint in a position to have that philosophy.

hookandladder
02-11-2013, 09:12 AM
lip service most likely....Texas aint in a position to have that philosophy.

That is what I was thinking , players are still going to committ early if offered and then still look around. It is what it is , just tougher recruiting these days for Coach Mack. With A&M, Baylor and TCU all recruiting hard in Texas and having success , team success will come down to coaches getting the best out of their players. Without solid coaching staff , teams will be left behind.

Macarthur
02-11-2013, 10:28 AM
That is what I was thinking , players are still going to committ early if offered and then still look around. It is what it is , just tougher recruiting these days for Coach Mack. With A&M, Baylor and TCU all recruiting hard in Texas and having success , team success will come down to coaches getting the best out of their players. Without solid coaching staff , teams will be left behind.

It all depends on the recruit. For example, Sumlin has a similar policy. When you committ to A&M but take a visit, you're offer most likely will be gone. Now, Kenny Hill went sniffing around and Sumlin didn't pull his offer. Had that been a lower level recruit that he could replace with a similar or even higher rated player, he would have been more firm. They all play the game.

hookandladder
02-11-2013, 02:18 PM
It all depends on the recruit. For example, Sumlin has a similar policy. When you committ to A&M but take a visit, you're offer most likely will be gone. Now, Kenny Hill went sniffing around and Sumlin didn't pull his offer. Had that been a lower level recruit that he could replace with a similar or even higher rated player, he would have been more firm. They all play the game.

That is my point , I cannot beleive Coach Mack would even say something like this. It is a two way street , coaches have to do what they need to do and players have to do the same. I've always wondered what happens if a school offers two players say at QB and they are only signing one , what happens if both agree the same day other then the day they were offered. After going thru the recruiting process, now I know. First come , first served.