PDA

View Full Version : Walk Up Music?

SHSBulldog00
02-04-2013, 11:30 PM
With Baseball and Softball just getting underway I was wondering about some of the walk up music before they bat. I have a catcher on my youth softball team that wants to play this

http://youtu.be/SDTZ7iX4vTQ

I don't know if I should allow it or not. She does have a gun for an arm.

SHSBulldog00
02-04-2013, 11:55 PM
:confused:

Roughneck93
02-05-2013, 12:18 AM
Seek and Destroy - Metallica

coach
02-05-2013, 12:49 AM
Seek and Destroy - Metallica

Mine was Jesus Walks - Kane West

Tejastrue
02-05-2013, 03:33 AM
Whatever happened to just playing the game and proving it on the field. Seems everyone needs a sideshow. Suggest watching "Trouble With The Curve".

Old Tiger
02-05-2013, 07:35 AM
With Baseball and Softball just getting underway I was wondering about some of the walk up music before they bat. I have a catcher on my youth softball team that wants to play this

I don't know if I should allow it or not. She does have a gun for an arm.A song about shooting popular kids...I'd say no.

SHSBulldog00
02-05-2013, 11:20 AM
A song about shooting popular kids...I'd say no.

Thanks OT, That's what I was thinking.

1st and goal
02-05-2013, 11:52 AM
I even think MTV banned that song. I say nah. But it does have a catchy bass line. Too bad its about shooting kids.

waterboy
02-05-2013, 12:13 PM

I don't know if I should allow it or not. She does have a gun for an arm.

Absolutely NOT! There is no way I would allow an inappropriate walk-up song for any player, I don't care who they are. Now, if everybody got to pick a walk-up song and not just one player, I would definitely point out what is wrong with the song and tell her to choose something more appropriate. Personally, I don't allow it for my players. Music is for between innings only for us, and it will be appropriate with NO vulgarity or allusion to violence.

Old Tiger
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Absolutely NOT! There is no way I would allow an inappropriate walk-up song for any player, I don't care who they are. Now, if everybody got to pick a walk-up song and not just one player, I would definitely point out what is wrong with the song and tell her to choose something more appropriate. Personally, I don't allow it for my players. Music is for between innings only for us, and it will be appropriate with NO vulgarity or allusion to violence.

vulgarity doesn't bother me....messages are a bigger issue.

SHSBulldog00
02-05-2013, 02:32 PM
The rest of the team's song's I have no problem with. She will just have to choose another song.

ccmom
02-05-2013, 03:03 PM
Wylie softball was playing in a preseason tourney a couple of years ago and the team that was hosting the tourney had walk up songs. I don't have a problem with that BUT everytime the lead off hitter came up, the sound system loudly blared "She's my cherry pie", and we would all gasp. I don't know what the heck they were thinking, but somebody along the way should have put a stop to that. Wow.

GrTigers6
02-05-2013, 03:37 PM
Wylie softball was playing in a preseason tourney a couple of years ago and the team that was hosting the tourney had walk up songs. I don't have a problem with that BUT everytime the lead off hitter came up, the sound system loudly blared "She's my cherry pie", and we would all gasp. I don't know what the heck they were thinking, but somebody along the way should have put a stop to that. Wow.

Whats wrong with that? Its a popular dessert and he was just saying she was like his favorite dessert!:D:D
My oldest son used my Signature song. Of course he was the centerfielder. I dont remember my youngest sons song. I believe it was bohemian ( spelling?) Rhapsody!

Hendo
02-06-2013, 08:38 AM
Whatever happened to just playing the game and proving it on the field. Seems everyone needs a sideshow. Suggest watching "Trouble With The Curve".

This^^^ :iagree:

jockcity33
02-06-2013, 10:47 AM
I hate walk up songs, and they will never happen while I am coaching my team. Music is for between innings and during pitching changes.

GrTigers6
02-06-2013, 12:54 PM
I hate walk up songs, and they will never happen while I am coaching my team. Music is for between innings and during pitching changes.Its as much a part of the game as cracker jacks, peanuts and sunflower seeds. Kids look forward to hearing their inspiration song. Now whether it works or not, thats a whole other story!:D

bulldog82
02-06-2013, 02:35 PM

whoa whoa whoa !! tejas, yall are ones to talk with yalls traveling side show for football . Its one thing for your home field, but to bring that to someone elses house .....

Tejastrue
02-06-2013, 02:55 PM
whoa whoa whoa !! tejas, yall are ones to talk with yalls traveling side show for football . Its one thing for your home field, but to bring that to someone elses house .....

How you been there bulldog82? As far as my comments..I am speaking only for myself not the Wimberley Texans. I don't care for it but I can tolerate most of the pregame recorded music but we are talking about an individual's walk up music before an 'at bat'. That's just over the top for me and has no place at the hs level and below. It is JMO.

bulldog82
02-06-2013, 03:02 PM
How you been there bulldog82? As far as my comments..I am speaking only for myself not the Wimberley Texans. I don't care for it but I can tolerate most of the pregame recorded music but we are talking about an individual's walk up music before an 'at bat'. That's just over the top for me and has no place at the hs level and below. It is JMO.

My bad

Tejastrue
02-06-2013, 03:13 PM
My bad

No worries...to tell you the truth, as far as our football pregame rituals, I don't think we should be able to play the music in someone elses house.