PDA

View Full Version : What's going on in Stephenville?

Eagle 1
02-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Three murders in the past few days and one of them a Navy Seal?

http://www.yourstephenvilletx.com/

bobcat1
02-03-2013, 12:07 AM
Prayers go out for an American hero and his families and friends.

Prayers go out for an American hero and his families and friends.

That's very bad news. Damn that really is terrible. Like mentioned above AMERICAN HERO now gone for nothing.

Eagle 1
02-03-2013, 10:04 AM
People are starting to get suspicious about this. The Navy Seal had the most confirmed kills at 150 while serving four duties in Iraq. So how does this trained killer get shot unsespectively at a shooting range by a random killer?

Emerson1
02-03-2013, 10:15 AM
nvm.

jason
02-03-2013, 11:38 AM
only one of these was in stephenville.
the sniper and other man were in glen rose.

bwdlionfan
02-03-2013, 12:23 PM
only one of these was in stephenville.
the sniper and other man were in glen rose.

It happend at Rought Creek Lodge which is just southeast of where 67 and 220 (road that goes to Hico) meet.

I actually have a friend who's brother works out there. I was hearing all the info about an hour ahead of the news. At first I didn't believe it because I couldn't find anything on the news about it.

speedbump
02-03-2013, 03:56 PM
People are starting to get suspicious about this. The Navy Seal had the most confirmed kills at 150 while serving four duties in Iraq. So how does this trained killer get shot unsespectively at a shooting range by a random killer?

It wasn't a random killing. The guy went to the range with them. They were trying to help the guy who was struggling (like 30% of veterans) with PTSD. Taking him to a shooting range was hardly a wise choice.

It wasn't a random killing. The guy went to the range with them. They were trying to help the guy who was struggling (like 30% of veterans) with PTSD. Taking him to a shooting range was hardly a wise choice.

I agree PTSD should be on the list of people to ban from weapons until they are cleared by a medical doctor. This is one example of something we could possibly look at doing to stop shootings like this. I mean it is a medical condition and I know they ask during your purchase of a gun if you have even been diagnosed with a psychiatric condition.
Something to think about. I don't want to take away anyone guns unnecessarily however PTSD is real.
Colorado now has a special court just for military who have committed crimes after returning or during service. Some of them have PTSD and its a known factor for using bad judgment or poor desecion making in a stressful situation.

DKfromDUB
02-04-2013, 08:20 AM

not random... and shot in the back by what he thought was a "friendly" is what I read

Eagle 1
02-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I agree PTSD should be on the list of people to ban from weapons until they are cleared by a medical doctor. This is one example of something we could possibly look at doing to stop shootings like this. I mean it is a medical condition and I know they ask during your purchase of a gun if you have even been diagnosed with a psychiatric condition.
Something to think about. I don't want to take away anyone guns unnecessarily however PTSD is real.
Colorado now has a special court just for military who have committed crimes after returning or during service. Some of them have PTSD and its a known factor for using bad judgment or poor desecion making in a stressful situation.

How much do you know about ptsd and did you know that one can have a ptsd Service Connection Dx with a 0% disabling compensation level. Or that there's also various levels from 10%, 30%, 50%, 70% and 100%. You want all dx'ed vets with ptsd disarmed? Quite frankly, if you go and look at the ratings descriptions, I honestly believe that just about any and every single individual who has experienced actual combat could qualify for a ptsd SC, at least at the "0%" and 10% level. So should we disarm these veterans who have fought for the freedoms we all injoy?

When I first heard about this the shooting was reported as random shooter. I guess it was more incorrect media reporting.

How much do you know about ptsd and did you know that one can have a ptsd Service Connection Dx with a 0% disabling compensation level. Or that there's also various levels from 10%, 30%, 50%, 70% and 100%. You want all dx'ed vets with ptsd disarmed? Quite frankly, if you go and look at the ratings descriptions, I honestly believe that just about any and every single individual who has experienced actual combat could qualify for a ptsd SC, at least at the "0%" and 10% level. So should we disarm these veterans who have fought for the freedoms we all injoy?

When I first heard about this the shooting was reported as random shooter. I guess it was more incorrect media reporting.

No like I said I don't want to take away anyone's guns unnecessarily. As far as Veterans go they are my heroes.
I'm just saying in situations where someone suffering from PTSD and showing warning signs a gun is probably not a great idea. There is no easy answer just an idea. I don't know how to judge the levels of PTSD that's up to medical doctors. Maybe a good way of looking at it is if you are in treatment for PTSD during the treatment time you don't use guns. Is that going to happen? Probably not.
I think ex military should be able to have weapons more than anyone else. So no is the answer to your question.

Ernest T Bass
02-04-2013, 03:57 PM
This is a form of therapy Chris and his partners used to treat troops with PTSD, and used quite successfully many times. The suspect didn't own a gun at all.

Manso/V8
02-04-2013, 10:11 PM
My nephew just got back from a tour in Afghanistan. He saw a lot of fire fight action. He told me some good stories and seems to have a pretty good outlook on it, but very glad to be back and has no interest in returning. In his word he "did his time" and didn't care one way or the other about the assault weapons ban, who was president, etc.

Eagle 1
02-08-2013, 11:53 AM
'Crazy vet' assumptions after shootings more stereotype than reality.

http://www.stripes.com/crazy-vet-assumptions-after-shootings-more-stereotype-than-reality-1.206948