PDA

View Full Version : Prayers

big daddy russ
01-31-2013, 12:15 PM
My wife's school--Jowell Elementary in Cy-Fair ISD--is on lockdown right now. She's out in a portable with her kids, lights off, under the tables. Nobody really knows what's going on. I'm in knots right now and would appreciate all the prayers you can throw their way.

Bullaholic
01-31-2013, 12:46 PM
My wife's school--Jowell Elementary in Cy-Fair ISD--is on lockdown right now. She's out in a portable with her kids, lights off, under the tables. Nobody really knows what's going on. I'm in knots right now and would appreciate all the prayers you can throw their way.

May our Lord hold your wife and all of the kids in the palm of His hand, russ...

big daddy russ
01-31-2013, 12:51 PM
Appreciate it, Bull. Everything's OK now. Still don't know why they were put on lockdown, but I'm glad it's over.

Bullaholic
01-31-2013, 12:56 PM
Appreciate it, Bull. Everything's OK now. Still don't know why they were put on lockdown, but I'm glad it's over.

Glad all is well, russ. Too many crazy things going on at our schools.

SHSBulldog00
01-31-2013, 01:19 PM
Glad everything is OK. Wonder what caused the alarm?

bobcat1
01-31-2013, 01:52 PM
Just saw this Russ. Said a prayer anyway for the kids and all concerned.

SWMustang
01-31-2013, 03:55 PM
I didn't realize cy fair isd went that far. I would have thought that would be Katy isd. Sorry to hear about this. Is this an economically disadvantaged school?

big daddy russ
02-18-2013, 10:33 PM
Digging up an old thread. All the prayers are definitely appreciated.

I didn't realize cy fair isd went that far. I would have thought that would be Katy isd. Sorry to hear about this. Is this an economically disadvantaged school?
It is (economically disadvantaged).

That's where Cypress and Katy intersect. Katy ISD boundary is maybe a mile down the road.

Glad everything is OK. Wonder what caused the alarm?

There was a story at this link:
http://cdn.localwireless.com/wap/news/text.jsp?sid=323&nid=1166066721&cid=19230&scid=-1&checksum=3945745220
...but I guess they took it down.

There's an alternative school across the street and that's where it happened. A man (boy?) was walking across the playground when one of the students talked to him. The man shot a gun into the ground and ran into the adjacent neighborhood. The two schools went on lockdown after that.