PDA

View Full Version : GOOD NEWS ABOUT THE CAT!

PhiI C
08-09-2003, 04:21 PM
They finally let her pitch in the Olymphic softball games and she did a great job today as the USA team beat Venezuela 2 to 0. She struck out 13 batters today. Way to go CAT! Way to go USA! I know my good friend Jim is very happy!

PhiI C
08-09-2003, 04:22 PM
OOps sorry! It was the Pan American games and not the OLymphic games even though I am sure she will be chosen on the US olymphic softball team!

Jimbotex40
08-09-2003, 04:41 PM
go cat, you t-sip you. we dont want you back at t.u.

i was also glad about tj ford entering the draft, even though the Ags best senior graduated and best freshman entered as well.

PhiI C
08-09-2003, 04:46 PM
Jim what happened to the freshman basketball player at Texas A&M. I thought he was back. He was a great player and I thought he was better than Ford. I am sorry he won't be back.
Anyway don't worry! Cat will be back at UT in 2005 season with a years experience in the Olymphics and will still have two years eligibility at UT. The UT coaches are delighted for her to go since she will be back and probably even better with the experience. So everything works out well. Anyway how about them Spurs winning the 2003 NBA championship this last June! BEST NBA SERIES WE EVER HAD!!

Jimbotex40
08-09-2003, 04:54 PM
yeah his name is antoine wright, and he was awesome. im not sure if he got Big 12 freshman of the year but i thought he deserved it.

PhiI C
08-09-2003, 05:01 PM
I thought he deserved it too Jim. I know he played a great game against Texas and Ford. He hasn't got the publicity of some of the others such as Carmel and Lebron and Ford but I bet whoever drafted him is going to be very pleased.

Old Tiger
08-09-2003, 05:37 PM
I met Antoine at a hat store in the post oak mall.

Jimbotex40
08-09-2003, 05:46 PM
thats weird, where is post oak?

Old Cardinal
08-09-2003, 09:16 PM
Cat Osterman is a great softball player, one of Texas' best!.... I saw Christa Williams (Gold metal Olympic Champion Pitcher for the Olympics) at the AFA 18 & U National Championship recently in Beaumont. That past pitcher from Pasadena Dobie(Crista) and Cat O. have sure put Texas Pitching on the map.

bulldog65
08-09-2003, 09:35 PM
Phil C, the rich just keep getting richer! Crowely High School Ace Meagen Denny has privately said she wants to go to UT, over UCLA & Arizona. She set a state record for strikeouts in Austin when Crowely won the 4A championship. She throws legit 70+, and is a terrific girl.

PhiI C
08-10-2003, 02:23 PM
That is good news Bulldog! It will give Texas extra depth at pitcher in the future. She will probably get to play a lot if CAT goes to the Olymphics and then she could be red shirted one of the years later. It gives UT some pleasant choices. If UT can recruit a few more hitters the future in softball for UT will look very bright. WELCOME TO UT MEAGEN!

PhiI C
08-11-2003, 10:34 PM
Hey Bulldog! Have you heard of any other recruits that are leaning toward UT? We have a potential recruit next year named Jackie Deleon who is a senior at Sinton High and Ut should look at her next year because she can hit. She also pitches for the team even though in college her best position would probably be first base. Whoever gets her will get a good player. I hope UT considers her.

Phil C
08-20-2003, 03:28 PM
I found out that CAT will be trying out for the Olymphic softball team starting September 2.

Old Cardinal
08-20-2003, 04:21 PM
It appears that many of our Select team aces, from the Golden Triangle are going to Louisiana- Lafayette; however, I was sitting with a bunch of College recruits at the AFA Nationals and they are really starting to recruit the whole Gulf Coast-just like they have done Southern California, for years. A man next to me said that even small colleges are making the trip down each summer, to recruit from the 2,200, or so girls in competition there....Can the Sinton girl knock home runs?.....I saw an unusual HOMERUN this year, a 12 year old, Taylor Trojack, from the Beaumont Blast program(will play for PNG, someday); hit a HR over the 200 foot 6 foot high fence, out at the Entertainment complex. The Beaumont Blast, having brought in Mike Epstein to teach hitting-- has started seeing startling results!