PDA

View Full Version : Mack Brown at Jasper High School today

Scoop27
01-30-2013, 05:35 PM
Jasper 2014 four-star center Terrell Cuney just confirmed that Mack Brown was by the school today. Coach Brown spent time with the Jasper coaching staff and introduced himself to a number of people at Jasper.

j_dog
01-30-2013, 05:45 PM
Amazing. Brown must know something ....??

Old Tiger
01-30-2013, 07:07 PM
the OL from Jasper

j_dog
01-30-2013, 11:58 PM
the OL from Jasper
all of the OL?? just seems odd. never heard of a UT coach recruiting at Jasper since the 1950's. Maybe they are tired of losing out on athletes like Red Bryant, and Sean Weatherspoon. both of whom were on NFL playoff teams this season. ?? From what I heard, Weatherspoon was lightly recruited in Texas; went to Missouri, and on to being a first round draft pick. Go figure.

Emerson1
01-31-2013, 12:16 AM
all of the OL?? just seems odd. never heard of a UT coach recruiting at Jasper since the 1950's. Maybe they are tired of losing out on athletes like Red Bryant, and Sean Weatherspoon. both of whom were on NFL playoff teams this season. ?? From what I heard, Weatherspoon was lightly recruited in Texas; went to Missouri, and on to being a first round draft pick. Go figure.
Joe Flacco and Colin Kaepernick were both 3* recruits and not in the top 30 QBs of their class.

Everyone misses.

Old Tiger
01-31-2013, 07:17 AM
Terrell Cuney

j_dog
02-06-2013, 04:24 PM
Joe Flacco and Colin Kaepernick were both 3* recruits and not in the top 30 QBs of their class.

Everyone misses.
True. I agree. It just seems to me that there has been an abundance of misses at Jasper. Players from Jasper that flew under the radar:

Eugene Seale, unwanted by the old Southwest Conference. Played 5 years for the Houston Oilers.

Zack Bronson. McNeese St. played 8 seasons for 49'ers

John Davis, played in NFL for some 5 seasons.

(Bronson and Davis were members of the 1991 400 meter relay that won state and became the first high school team to go under 40 seconds (hand held) in the nation.)

And yet, the few highly recognized and recruited players basically failed to live up to expectations. So yes, there are many misses.

j_dog
02-06-2013, 04:31 PM
Another Jasper Bronson flying under the radar:

Zack's nephew Malcolm Bronson, DS #30 FS, McNeese State:

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings/dsprofile.php?pyid=104255&draftyear=2013&genpos=FS

Buff42
02-07-2013, 12:02 AM
Mack ain't got no SwaggerCopter