01-29-2013, 04:08 PM
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/sports&id=8971651

"Rep. Ryan Guillen, an Aggie Democrat"

This says it all from the article.

Weebe
01-29-2013, 04:14 PM
"Rep. Ryan Guillen, an Aggie Democrat"

This says it all from the article.

I didn't even know there was such a thing.

No incentive for A&M to play Texas at this point. Currently they are in the perceived better conference and have gained recruiting momentum while Texas' momentum is headed the other direction.

Phil C
01-29-2013, 04:34 PM
I am for the game being played but not by forced legislation. I think in time both sides will agree to play under more amicable terms. That would be the preferred way to have the game resumed.

Saggy Aggie
01-29-2013, 04:55 PM
I like it how it is currently

gatordaze
01-29-2013, 07:10 PM
I didn't even know there was such a thing.

No incentive for A&M to play Texas at this point. Currently they are in the perceived better conference and have gained recruiting momentum while Texas' momentum is headed the other direction.

A&M has not taken over recruiting momentum. Texas has released more to A&M than they have lost. Texas will close out their class with the all of the top players in the state that they wanted. If A&M can continue to perform at the level that they did this year, that might change. If Texas had more than 16 ships this year their would be players committed to Texas that instead had to settle for A&M. If Texas wins the Big12 and plays in a BCS game in the next 2 years A&M will return to their rightful stepchild role.

Weebe
01-29-2013, 09:08 PM
You are recruiting ignorant.

Old Tiger
01-29-2013, 09:25 PM
You are recruiting ignorant.

hahahahhahahahhahahahah only if you knew...

NastySlot
01-29-2013, 09:41 PM
A&M has not taken over recruiting momentum. Texas has released more to A&M than they have lost. Texas will close out their class with the all of the top players in the state that they wanted. If A&M can continue to perform at the level that they did this year, that might change. If Texas had more than 16 ships this year their would be players committed to Texas that instead had to settle for A&M. If Texas wins the Big12 and plays in a BCS game in the next 2 years A&M will return to their rightful stepchild role.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjfjUCtEJsI

at about 1:40 this guys with you on old mo.

hsbtex
01-29-2013, 10:15 PM

What is wrong with you? Did you lose your brain? Pick up the Austin Statesman today and read the article written by your beloved hornies hookem.com. "holes to fill by decommits" and how they will have to look for the 2014 class. Hard to believe you are that naive/dumb?? Your hornies are an"average" team at best. Get used to it. It is funny watching little brother get so mad :)

NastySlot
01-29-2013, 10:30 PM
What is wrong with you? Did you lose your brain? Pick up the Austin Statesman today and read the article written by your beloved hornies hookem.com. "holes to fill by decommits" and how they will have to look for the 2014 class. Hard to believe you are that naive/dumb?? Your hornies are an"average" team at best. Get used to it. It is funny watching little brother get so mad :)

they might worry a little more if the rumor is true that Saban was in Fort Worth today.

Weebe
01-29-2013, 10:33 PM
they might worry a little more if the rumor is true that Saban was in Fort Worth today.

More than one of Texas' 2013 commits have reached out to Sumlin regarding room in the A&M class.

3 of 7 of A&M's 2014 commits have Texas offers.

NastySlot
01-29-2013, 10:36 PM
More than one of Texas' 2013 commits have reached out to Sumlin regarding room in the A&M class.

heard they were interested in decommit of aggies from a metroplex school that said no thanks....and decided stayed in the SEC.

according to that post above they might not have room for ag recruits but they have room to flip a bear.

Weebe
01-29-2013, 10:38 PM
Quincy never liked Texas. Even after Quincy decommitted, he was encouraging Echols-Luper to not visit Texas.

gatordaze
01-29-2013, 11:05 PM

All of Texas HS commits have A&M offers.

Weebe
01-29-2013, 11:17 PM

Actually, 8 of Texas' 16 commits don't have A&M offers.

3 that show A&M offers were offered by Sherman's staff and the offers were no longer good once Sumlin took over.

Weebe
01-29-2013, 11:23 PM
But, feel free to continue talking out of your ass.

coach
01-30-2013, 08:19 AM

and the last two heisman winners had offers to texas.... to play db....

pancho villa
01-30-2013, 09:09 AM
Mac Brown knows QB's

coach
01-30-2013, 09:10 AM
Mac Brown knows QB's

This ^

hsbtex
01-30-2013, 09:23 AM

3 that show A&M offers were offered by Sherman's staff and the offers were no longer good once Sumlin took over.

Gatordaze....OUCH!

Maybe do some research before you post?? You hornies aren't that smart, but since 98 percent of you are liberals...that seems to go with the territory

1st and goal
01-30-2013, 09:27 AM
Does anyone know for sure if Showers is going to Baylor (or where ever) with his Aggie Ring?

coach
01-30-2013, 10:13 AM
Does anyone know for sure if Showers is going to Baylor (or where ever) with his Aggie Ring?

I have heard Baylor, tech, Arizona St., and Cal

I also heard Texas might/could be intersted but I highly doubt he would go there.

1st and goal
01-30-2013, 10:51 AM
I also heard Texas might/could be intersted but I highly doubt he would go there.

That would be funny from many sides if he went to Texas and did well. Mac will probably make him line up as DB after he signs. LOL

Old Tiger
01-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Not including the two Texas JUCO players they have comitted A&M has offered all but 5.

So out of 13 hs commits to Texas A&M offered 8 of them. 61%

Not to mention A&M has sent out over 115 offers.

gatordaze
01-30-2013, 11:46 AM

If you only knew! your saying that Sumlin rescinded 3 offers of Sherman's offers? Why would he keep calling?

hsbtex
01-30-2013, 12:37 PM
Not including the two Texas JUCO players they have comitted A&M has offered all but 5.

So out of 13 hs commits to Texas A&M offered 8 of them. 61%

Not to mention A&M has sent out over 115 offers.

How about this tigger!

In tuesday's Austin paper "Loss of pledges leave big holes". "How different would this class look with Daeshon Hall, Durham Smythe and Kyle Hicks". "And there's no way to replicate the versatility and athleticism lost when Ricky Seals Jones decommitted". "Texas desperately needed a receiver with elite vertical speed but won't be getting it with this class". Number one reason for Texas decommits..."Texas seems to be heading in the wrong direction". Any witty assessment on this gatordaze and tigger?

Don't worry guys, big brother is still smiling at you :)

Old Tiger
01-30-2013, 12:58 PM
If you only knew! your saying that Sumlin rescinded 3 offers of Sherman's offers? Why would he keep calling?

I heard Sumlin has rescinded 3-4 offers of A&M commits to make room for all the late commits they got.

Old Tiger
01-30-2013, 12:59 PM
How about this tigger!

In tuesday's Austin paper "Loss of pledges leave big holes". "How different would this class look with Daeshon Hall, Durham Smythe and Kyle Hicks". "And there's no way to replicate the versatility and athleticism lost when Ricky Seals Jones decommitted". "Texas desperately needed a receiver with elite vertical speed but won't be getting it with this class". Number one reason for Texas decommits..."Texas seems to be heading in the wrong direction". Any witty assessment on this gatordaze and tigger?

Don't worry guys, big brother is still smiling at you :)Dontre Wilson is visiting this weekend and if we can get him that is an upgrade form Kyle Hicks.

Texas stopped recruiting RSJ due to an issue with a parent....RSJ wanted to pledge to the horns again.

Smythe is a tough loss but the reasoning behind Daeshon's situation is understandable.

Funny how a season ending with just a cotton bowl victory all of a sudden makes A&M "big brother"

NastySlot
01-30-2013, 01:19 PM
Funny how a season ending with just a cotton bowl victory all of a sudden makes A&M "big brother"

You re smart enough to know it was more than just the win. Also I wouldn't refer to either school as big brother.

Hey everytime you post I think back to one of your old post that is my all time favorite...I think you did a cartoon with a Huckleberry supposed to be an Aggie waiting at the bus stop. The one where the SEC bus never shows. Could you post that one again....that was funny then and even more funny now when you think about it.

NastySlot
01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
Dontre Wilson is visiting this weekend and if we can get him that is an upgrade form Kyle Hicks.

"

D Wilson the RB? Yeah that s what you all need another RB Good Luck.

icu812
01-30-2013, 01:51 PM
What a joke our politicians are. I hope this game isn't played for a decade. I'm tired of hearing about it.

NastySlot
01-30-2013, 01:55 PM
What a joke our politicians are. I hope this game isn't played for a decade. I'm tired of hearing about it.

I agree.

Weebe
01-30-2013, 02:07 PM

Calling who? I didn't mention anyone specifically.

hsbtex
01-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Dontre Wilson is visiting this weekend and if we can get him that is an upgrade form Kyle Hicks.

Texas stopped recruiting RSJ due to an issue with a parent....RSJ wanted to pledge to the horns again.

Smythe is a tough loss but the reasoning behind Daeshon's situation is understandable.

Remember the 80's and 90's tigger? Get used to it :) I must admit it is funny watching all of the hornies ego deflate, and reading all of the write ups about it is priceless. That is hysterical your "spin" on the RSJ situation. He decommitted, period. And he never wanted to go back. That is fact little buddy. How is that 21st ranked class shaping up, or the 19th final ranking in the AP?

Weebe
01-30-2013, 03:02 PM
Texas stopped recruiting RSJ due to an issue with a parent....

I actually believe this. I have heard something similar. Although the story being floated around is that Texas backed off because of said parent's communications with a Texas booster became too public.

Maroon87
01-30-2013, 04:50 PM

No kidding. It's great if they play again but to pass a law forcing them to do so is beyond ridiculous.

cougartino
01-30-2013, 04:57 PM

Follow that cab!