PDA

View Full Version : Irving's Rami Hammad committs to Longhorns

Scoop27
01-23-2013, 06:29 PM
A good week for the Horns just got better. After first getting a commitment from the top JUCO offensive tackle in the nation earlier this week, the Texas staff successfully grabbed another top lineman on Wednesday afternoon when Irving High’s Rami Hammad committed to the Longhorns.

Rami Hammad is the No. 9 offensive guard in the country, and the 27th-rated recruit overall in Texas.

Talks between Hammad and Texas first heated up during the Semper Fi Bowl, when Longhorn commit Naashon Hughes told offensive line coach about the Irving High product. Hughes gave Hammad Texas offensive line coach Stacy Searels’ contact info and Texas immediately began recruiting him.

The 6-foot-5, 320-pounder had no problem admitting his interest in the Horns was genuine, even though he was currently committed to the Baylor Bears.

“They have a solid reputation for winning games and getting championships,” Hammad said after the initial contact from Texas. “If they offer, then I definitely want to go take a visit and see them at least. I’m not going to tell them no.”

And he did just that. Hammad cancelled his official visit to Oklahoma and replaced it with a visit to Austin this past weekend. It was obvious at the time the visit made quite the impression on him, as he called the Baylor staff on the way home to let them know he was de-committing and a final decision would come soon.

That decision came this afternoon, when the big offensive lineman picked the Longhorns over the Bears, Oklahoma and TCU.

With Hammad now in the fold, the Longhorns have fifteen total commitments for their 2013 recruiting class.

Hammad is a four-star prospect that is ranked No. 219 overall and No. 9 at his position in the 247Sports rankings. He held offers from everyone in his top four, along with Arizona, Texas Tech, Ole Miss, Colorado, California, Duke, Michigan State and more.

Phil C
01-23-2013, 10:54 PM
Great news indeed!! Look at Scout web site below to see his impressive list of offers.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-Rami-Hammad-132694

Weebe
01-23-2013, 11:11 PM
Lol...I can't speak for all of them, but i can tell you A&M didn't offer.

It's also funny that he immediately jumped in the 247 rankings after Texas began showing interest.

Those recruiting sites really must respect Mack's talent evaluation skills.

Old Tiger
01-24-2013, 07:46 AM
Lol...I can't speak for all of them, but i can tell you A&M didn't offer.

It's also funny that he immediately jumped in the 247 rankings after Texas began showing interest.

Those recruiting sites really must respect Mack's talent evaluation skills.He's one of those guys who was a late bloomer on most recruiting radars. Rivals showing him as having an offer from A&M. #10 Guard in the country.

Weebe
01-24-2013, 08:34 AM
Rivals is wrong.

Phil C
01-24-2013, 09:11 AM
Hey Old maybe A&M knew the futility of offering.

coachc45
01-24-2013, 09:23 AM
Lets see..... he was a Baylor Commit all summer, then was an OK State commit, then back to Baylor, now Texas. Sounds like the Dude has committment issues. Good Luck at Texas.

Emerson1
01-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Lets see..... he was a Baylor Commit all summer, then was an OK State commit, then back to Baylor, now Texas. Sounds like the Dude has committment issues. Good Luck at Texas.
He is a 17/18 year old kid.

Ernest T Bass
01-24-2013, 10:29 AM

Still a lot of decommits/recommits for a teenager. It normally stops at one.

coachc45
01-24-2013, 10:30 AM

Oh, so no commitment issue cuz he has that built in excuse. I just don't think kids are taught what the word "commitment" means. Of course, hard to learn it when the college coaches pull offers all the time, seems they aren't sure what commitment means either.

But back to this kid, I would say he is a 17/18 yr old kid if he changed his commitment once, maybe twice.....but 4 times. That does seem like a lot don't you think?

NastySlot
01-24-2013, 11:31 AM
He's one of those guys who was a late bloomer on most recruiting radars. Rivals showing him as having an offer from A&M. #10 Guard in the country.

Not to sure don't really get to deep into recruiting but saw this asked a buddy he said interest was light that the Aggies got more excited and interested in Aguilar from Birdville.

Old Tiger
01-24-2013, 01:48 PM
Still a lot of decommits/recommits for a teenager. It normally stops at one.

Ahmad Dixon committed to Texas, decommitted, then comitted to Tennessee, then decommitted, then committed to Baylor.

coachc45
01-24-2013, 02:00 PM
Ahmad Dixon committed to Texas, decommitted, then comitted to Tennessee, then decommitted, then committed to Baylor.

So he has commitment issues too????? The norm is 1 maybe 2, 4 is still abnormal.