PDA

View Full Version : Monday decision day for Desmond Harris

Scoop27
01-19-2013, 12:09 AM
On Monday the Texas Longhorns will find out if the legwork done to recruit the nation's top junior college offensive tackle prospect will yield a big commitment.
Desmond Harrison at Contra Costa College

Harrison will make his pick known on Monday.

Contra Costa (Calif.) College head coach Alonzo Carter told Hookem.com that four-star offensive tackle Desmond Harrison will make his decision known on Monday. Harrison will be picking between Texas, Oklahoma, USC and Arizona State.

The Longhorns have been courting Harrison for quite some time. He officially visited Texas on Dec. 7 and Mack Brown has had an in-home visit with the 6-foot-7, 305-pound prospect already.

Stacy Searels was in California on Friday to see Harrison.

“They’ve stayed in contact as much as they possibly can,” Carter recently said of the Texas coaches. “Coach Bo Davis and Coach Stacy Searels have been on their A-game when it comes to his recruitment. They’ve done an excellent job in talking to him, alleviating any concerns he or his family had and staying in contact with me. They’ve been very, very professional about it all.”

Harrison has two teammates headed to Arizona State, which is why the Sun Devils made the final cut. Oklahoma, Southern Cal have been mentioned throughout the recruitment, but all signs have pointed to Texas being the team to beat in recent weeks.

“Texas is definitely right up there,” Carter told Hookem.com recently. “He feels very comfortable there. He says that it just feels natural there, because that’s where he’s from. He’s originally from Houston, so he feels at home. He described it as a natural fit to me. So I think because of that they’re right on up there for him.”