PDA

View Full Version : Ennis Judge publicizes Johnny Football speeding ticket

Spanish Camp
01-16-2013, 09:34 PM
I would think hat this should cost this guy his job. I know I wouldn't want this blasted across the Internet about me. Surely this violates something.

Taken from another Internet forum:

An Ennis judge, Lee Johnson, took to Facebook yesterday to showboat about a speeding ticket issued to Johnny Football...

From Facebook:
"Too funny. So it seems that a certain unnamed (very) recent Heisman Trophy winner from a certain unnamed "college" down south of here got a gift from the Ennis P.D. while he was speeding on the 287 bypass yesterday. It appears even though the OU defense couldn't stop him, the City of Ennis P.D. is a different story altogether. Time to grow up/slow down young 'un. You got your whole life/career ahead of you. Gig Em indeed."

Old Tiger
01-16-2013, 09:36 PM
I would think hat this should cost this guy his job. I know I wouldn't want this blasted across the Internet about me. Surely this violates something.

An Ennis judge, Lee Johnson, took to Facebook yesterday to showboat about a speeding ticket issued to Johnny Football...

From Facebook:
"Too funny. So it seems that a certain unnamed (very) recent Heisman Trophy winner from a certain unnamed "college" down south of here got a gift from the Ennis P.D. while he was speeding on the 287 bypass yesterday. It appears even though the OU defense couldn't stop him, the City of Ennis P.D. is a different story altogether. Time to grow up/slow down young 'un. You got your whole life/career ahead of you. Gig Em indeed."
Anyone could find out about the ticket from the freedom of information act....definitely not worth losing a job over.

NastySlot
01-16-2013, 10:02 PM
Anyone could find out about the ticket from the freedom of information act....definitely not worth losing a job over.
If they were looking for that information yes they could.

NastySlot
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
Hey tiger a good read:
Commission on Judicial Conduct. Cannon 3(B)(10) seems aplicable:
quote:
A judge shall abstain from public comment about a pending or impending proceeding which may come before the judge's court in a manner which suggests to a reasonable person the judge's probable decision on any particular.

Maybe not worth losing a job but maybe just doing his job would work?

Spanish Camp
01-17-2013, 06:36 AM
Thank you, Nasty. Glad someone on here has sense.

Old Tiger is a complete idiot. Just read his post history

Old Tiger
01-17-2013, 07:09 AM
Does the officer once state the name of the person who recieved the citation? No.
Does the officer state the specific school? No

For all we know he could be talking about Robert Griffin III. In my experiences with Aggies they will say Gig 'Em after anything regardless if it was there player or someone they have played against.

Phil C
01-17-2013, 10:46 AM
I'm not sure about court cases but most entities will release information and go by the act if the requests are in writing and the act is cited as the bases for the request. This judge may have gone to war. I hope he isn't depented on Aggie voters for reelection. :)

defense51
01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Does the officer once state the name of the person who recieved the citation? No.

For all we know he could be talking about Robert Griffin III. In my experiences with Aggies they will say Gig 'Em after anything regardless if it was there player or someone they have played against.
As a judge and an elected official, he should know better than to use social media to say anything about a pending case regardless of who it pertains to. Sounds to me like the judge needs to grow up and keep his child like antics off Facebook!

Ernest T Bass
01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Judges are elected. Can't fire'em.

Farmersfan
01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
Yes this was going too far by this judge. Open information Act requires that the information be made available upon request. For a judge to selectively decide what will be made public without request is completely wrong. In my opinion.

ronwx5x
01-17-2013, 11:16 AM
Yes this was going too far by this judge. Open information Act requires that the information be made available upon request. For a judge to selectively decide what will be made public without request is completely wrong. In my opinion.
For once we agree!

Rabid Cougar
01-17-2013, 11:39 AM
For all we know he could be talking about Robert Griffin III.

Well we know that didn't happen. BOB3 is incapable of doing wrong.

Old Tiger
01-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Well we know that didn't happen. BOB3 is incapable of doing wrong.

That is true he is a great Baptist man with a good moral upbringing.

Macarthur
01-17-2013, 01:01 PM

Agree. I don't know if this rises to the level of losing his job, but it shows him to be unprofessional and ridiculously childish.

Scoop27
01-17-2013, 04:52 PM
Seems like college players can't stay out of trouble for one reason or another. We have to remember that they are still kids and make mistakes. I did the same.
These athletes are in the lime light though and will draw the attention of media, etc

Weebe
01-17-2013, 10:48 PM

Asinine post all around.

Weebe
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Judges are elected. Can't fire'em.

Not entirely true on either assumption.

Tejastrue
01-17-2013, 11:53 PM

From Facebook:

Judge must be an Aggie alumnus and it appears he was simply giving some fatherly advice/warning to a current Aggie to reel it in just a bit. LOL

hookandladder
01-18-2013, 07:38 AM
If this was my no name son that got caught it would be no big deal, personally I would want the judge to get on my son's butt. Just because he is the Heisman winner and a college player does not give him the right to break the rules and expect to get any different treatment, that is the problem these days with young kids. They think they can get out of anything with a little extra cash, fame and or Parent bitching, he broke a rule and the judge is giving him some advice that maybe his parent's are lacking to do. This world needs more old school structure , to much BS in this world starting at the Top.

Old Tiger
01-18-2013, 07:53 AM
If this was my no name son that got caught it would be no big deal, personally I would want the judge to get on my son's butt. Just because he is the Heisman winner and a college player does not give him the right to break the rules and expect to get any different treatment, that is the problem these days with young kids. They think they can get out of anything with a little extra cash, fame and or Parent bitching, he broke a rule and the judge is giving him some advice that maybe his parent's are lacking to do. This world needs more old school structure , to much BS in this world starting at the Top.

Honestly it's true...fame, athleticism, and money can get you about anything. But that is the culture created in this country and world today.

NastySlot
01-18-2013, 08:56 AM

did i miss something? Giving advice? The judge is in no position to give that advice on social media. Now in his courtroom or chambers yes but not on facebook. Wondering if this is becoming popular with Judges cause this is the second time in a year I ve known of a judge using social media to mention details. The other judge had to recuse himself from the case.

Buff42
01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
Not entirely true on either assumption.

If this Judge is the Municipal Court Judge (which he is), then he was appointed by the City Council (which he was). http://www.ennis-texas.com/City%20Government/Contact%20Information.html

He is most definitely subject to certain judicial standards, both statutory and ethically. He should be able to be removed by the City Council at any time, for any reason.

I'm not passing judgement on whether or not he should have said what he said or even how valid the story is (I haven't researched it at all), I am just commenting on how City Government actually functions in this case.

Buff42
01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Tejas, hook, and OT all show their true colors when they post crap like this. A few more reasons in a very long list of reasons why I hate tu so much. In my experience, tshirt teasips are like liberals- they feel like they can say the most belligerent, obnoxious things about anyone at any time, but don't anyone else dare say anything negative about them or their beliefs.

Buff42
01-18-2013, 09:56 AM

From Facebook:

Can you post a link to the actual FB post? If not, Would think this is all just rampant speculation of some kind of internet hoax.

hookandladder
01-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Tejas, hook, and OT all show their true colors when they post crap like this. A few more reasons in a very long list of reasons why I hate tu so much. In my experience, tshirt teasips are like liberals- they feel like they can say the most belligerent, obnoxious things about anyone at any time, but don't anyone else dare say anything negative about them or their beliefs.

This A&M - Texas BS is getting old , I am just stating the fact that if my son does something illegal I want his butt punished and if a judge wants add a little constructive advice so be it. You keep ragging on me about A&M - Texas , hell my son might end there one day playing ball. Give it a rest , I give my opinion good or bad about each university and I take the good with the bad. No big deal, part of life.

Buff42
01-18-2013, 10:20 AM
Can you post a link to the actual FB post? If not, Would think this is all just rampant speculation of some kind of internet hoax.

From The Eagle:

http://www.aggiesports.com/blogs/from_the_press_box/article_ec22b36e-60e4-11e2-9d92-0019bb2963f4.html

Old Tiger
01-18-2013, 11:16 AM

Nothing I said on this thread isn't true.

NastySlot
01-18-2013, 11:50 AM

well you did say Griffen was a baptist. Don't think that's true.

Buff42
01-18-2013, 12:11 PM

I don't give a sh!t if it's true or not. What I said was true- you're the kind of tshirt teasip that makes me hate "big brother" tu.

Move on, we're done here.

Old Tiger
01-18-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't give a sh!t if it's true or not. What I said was true- you're the kind of tshirt teasip that makes me hate "big brother" tu.

You are creating this issue inside your own head...the problem lies within you not me.

Tejastrue
01-19-2013, 01:05 AM
You are creating this issue inside your own head...the problem lies within you not me.

I couldn't agree more.

ogg
01-19-2013, 02:26 AM

You're a hater man.

Additup
01-19-2013, 08:21 AM
I just have a problem with the judge typing "Too funny" and "My bad".

Emerson1
01-19-2013, 09:26 AM
I just have a problem with the judge typing "Too funny" and "My bad".

Should they be required the big white wigs like back in the day too?

Saggy Aggie
01-19-2013, 06:22 PM

Maybe I'm missing something but how in the hell did you gather that the judge was trying to give him 'advice' in the form of this childish post on his own Facebook???

Lecturing him in a courtroom, sure... But this fb post was the farthest thing from advice to Johnny.

Roughneck93
01-19-2013, 11:25 PM
http://www.dallasnews.com/sports/college-sports/texas-aggies/20130118-ennis-judge-reprimanded-for-publicizing-johnny-manziel-s-speeding-ticket.ece

Weebe
01-20-2013, 01:35 AM
So now he decides to go into hiding after talking out of his ass last week?

defense51
01-20-2013, 11:04 AM
The judge is a bonehead!

1st and goal
01-22-2013, 02:48 PM
http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/Dallas-Area-Judge-Receives-a-Reprimand-for-Mocking-Johnny-Manziels-Speeding-Ticket-187789571.html

Judge receives reprimand...

Phil C
01-22-2013, 03:35 PM
That is true he is a great Baptist man with a good moral upbringing.

Old I admire the Baptist Church.

BwdLion73
01-22-2013, 08:49 PM
I admire retired bullfighters. :)