PDA

View Full Version : WWE Monday Night Raw in Houston

Scoop27
01-16-2013, 08:16 PM
I know WWE is mainly entertainment but I still loved going to Monday's Night Raw at Toyota Center in Houston.
It was the 20th annual anniversary of Raw since it went on the air in 1993 and I watched the very first episode when I was living in Hungerford
My friend in Wharton had bought tickets after last August Smackdown for only $30 each
Had great seats. 4th row on first level and had a great view
Got there around 4:45 and had to wait 45 minutes in line in the cold for doors to open.
Had to wait in lines to get food and drinks. Actual wrestling started at 6:30.
The Raw portion went live at 7
The almost 15,000 crowd was electric was electric, wild and loud and crazy
It was all ages from kids 2 years old and up to 70
Rick Flair made a guest appearance with The Miz in the ring and the crowd went crazy.
There was a steel cage match with John Cena and Dolph Ziegler- .
Cant get over how high the cage was. Its night and day difference watching it on TV and in person.
Its amazing how high the wrestlers can climb on the chain link fence
Even the diva AJ who was the ring side with Ziegler, climbed the fence to the top at the end and stayed there for about 10 minutes.
The Rock came on at the end with an in ring appearance and the crowd went crazy
He put his on words on the song Heartbreak Hotel which was so funny and I laughed forver. Then he sang a second playing a guitar and sang another and the crowd went crazy again.
Show ended around 10:15 and we got home around 11:30.
Concessions for tee-shirts etc were expensive and lines were long before the show started. They were even had trailers outside selling before and afterwards and things were selling off the wall.
Bought a 20th anniversary red tee-shirt for $30 which will be a collectors item. Programs wer $20 but just had pictures but I didn't buy one.
I loved this show and will go again
The show is live tonight in San Antonio.
Houston will have Smackdown on July 25 and will probably go again.
I remember going to the Sam Houston Coliseum back in the 1960's with my parents and grandparent when it was more blood and guts
Saw the likes of Bull Curry, Fritz Von Erich, Johnny Valentine, Jose Lothario,
That's when Paul Boesch had it. He promoted it and booked the matches which were on Friday night and televised on Saturday nights and Sunday.
Hope you don't me rambling on and and on.
But Ive been keeping up with wrestling before my teens watching it with grandparents.
Even though its not the same-I'll keep watching it and go to live event in Houston.
While standing in line- A couple of guys are going to Wrestlemania in New York later in the year and spent big bucks for tickets and are also going to Hall Of Fame Ceremonies.
Monday night was one I will never forget