24. Ole Miss Rebels
25. BYU Cougars

http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/CBS-Sports--187126371.html

Saggy Aggie
01-16-2013, 02:55 PM
Well that oughta get a reaction from the longhorn folks

Rabid Cougar
01-16-2013, 05:18 PM
The shocker is that tu is No.12! They don't have a QB to speak of.

NastySlot
01-16-2013, 05:27 PM
That s crazy talk

1st and goal
01-16-2013, 05:33 PM
Time will tell how much A&M lost to the NFL and seniors graduating. Hopefully, the underclassmen can fill the big shoes that have left.

Roughneck93
01-16-2013, 05:40 PM
I figured they would be top 3 going into next year.

I have no problem with this ranking.

Old Tiger
01-16-2013, 05:54 PM
I posted this on a friends FB link to the article...

I think they lose too much defensively. Going to be a lot of shoot outs but we must also remember there aren't that many dynamic offenses in the SEC.

Scoop27
01-16-2013, 07:54 PM
Longhorns ranked No. 12 is a big joke and I'm a big Longhorn fan

cowboyandchrist
01-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Longhorns ranked No. 12 is a big joke and I'm a big Longhorn fan

They have a redshirt freshmen that will bring the Horns back to the top ten. His dad played at Baylor and his uncle played for the Dallas cowboys. He is very fast, very strong, and has a cannon for an Arm. Another year and he will be ready. J. Overstreet, remember the name.

Buff42
01-16-2013, 08:59 PM
Big Ol' Bullseye on our back

ogg
01-16-2013, 09:03 PM
1. Texas A&M Aggies
2. Alabama Crimson Tide
3. Stanford Cardinal
4. Ohio State Buckeyes
5. Oregon Ducks
6. Georgia Bulldogs
7. South Carolina Gamecocks
8. Florida Gators
9. Clemson Tigers
10. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
11. Louisville Cardinals
12. Texas Longhorns
13. Florida State Seminoles
14. Oregon State Beavers
15. Boise State Broncos
16. Northwestern Wildcats
17. LSU Tigers
18. TCU Horned Frogs
19. Kansas State Wildcats
20. Oklahoma Sooners
21. Oklahoma State Cowboys
22. Nebraska Cornhuskers
23. Northern Illinois Huskies
24. Ole Miss Rebels
25. BYU Cougars

http://www.kbtx.com/sports/headlines/CBS-Sports--187126371.html

LOL, I love seeing the Aggies up there.

bwdlionfan
01-16-2013, 09:12 PM
Well that oughta get a reaction from the longhorn folks

Here's the difference in Aggies and Longhorns.

When UT gets a #1 ranking, they are happy, and probably brag a little

When A&M gets a #1 ranking, they wonder how UT feels about it

ogg
01-16-2013, 09:28 PM

Funny!! Just about choked on my drink. LOL

NastySlot
01-16-2013, 09:51 PM

Probably comes with the territory. You know one year you pop off about making dumb conference moves, never being competitive, middle of the pack in big 12, won t recruit well uh I guess the list could go on.......so why wouldn't the Aggies like to hear the horns chime in this off season? You call yourself a horn fan....."brag a little" no way they only brag a little.

Old Tiger
01-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Probably comes with the territory. You know one year you pop off about making dumb conference moves, never being competitive, middle of the pack in big 12, won t recruit well uh I guess the list could go on.......so why wouldn't the Aggies like to hear the horns chime in this off season? You call yourself a horn fan....."brag a little" no way they only brag a little.

On a slight technicality you guys were a middle of the pack SEC team.

Rabid Cougar
01-17-2013, 09:27 AM
On a slight technicality you guys were a middle of the pack SEC team.

By record only... ask LSU or Florida if they wanted any part of ATM at the end of the season.

Old Tiger
01-17-2013, 09:34 AM
By record only... ask LSU or Florida if they wanted any part of ATM at the end of the season.

I'm not going to argue a hypothetical situation.

NastySlot
01-17-2013, 09:59 AM

that might be a first.

Macarthur
01-17-2013, 10:21 AM
I think top 5 is fair, but I think #1 is too high.

Lucky2Coach
01-17-2013, 10:23 AM

I have a dream.... that one day Aggies will get over their infactuation with the opinions of Longhorn fans, and Longhorns will realize that not all Aggies and the rest of the country give two $hits about them. That one day little children wearing burnt orange will cheer with little children wearing maroon. I have a dream...

pancho villa
01-17-2013, 10:27 AM
When I was young I loved partying with tu chicks. They were hot!!!!!

Red Bull
01-17-2013, 10:37 AM
The polls have to rank someone so why not pick A&M with Heisman trophy winner coming back. Most 2012 preseason polls that came out last year had USC #1 with Barkely as Heisman winner. Take them for what they are.

And yes why not ask what Longhorns think about it? Just about all the Longhorns I heard predicted failure for years for A&M in all sports in the SEC, especially football. It hasn't quite worked out that way has it. I bet those power people on the 40 acres and a lot of the fans sure wish they were in the best football conference in the land. Well maybe not. OU blew them out and A&M blew OU out so maybe tu wants no part of SEC.

Lastly, A&M did finish close to middle in SEC. That got them #5 overall ranking so middle of pack in SEC is better than any Big XII team finished so that kind of shows you what the experts think of the SEC and the Big XII.

Macarthur
01-17-2013, 10:42 AM
The polls have to rank someone so why not pick A&M with Heisman trophy winner coming back. Most 2012 preseason polls that came out last year had USC #1 with Barkely as Heisman winner. Take them for what they are.

And yes why not ask what Longhorns think about it? Just about all the Longhorns I heard predicted failure for years for A&M in all sports in the SEC, especially football. It hasn't quite worked out that way has it. I bet those power people on the 40 acres and a lot of the fans sure wish they were in the best football conference in the land. Well maybe not. OU blew them out and A&M blew OU out so maybe tu wants no part of SEC.

Lastly, A&M did finish close to middle in SEC. That got them #5 overall ranking so middle of pack in SEC is better than any Big XII team finished so that kind of shows you what the experts think of the SEC and the Big XII.

Call me crazy, but I think the defending champs with their starting QB coming back and the fact that they've been in 3 of the last 4 BCS NC games deserve to be #1. If they want to put the Ags #2, I don't have a problem with that.

NastySlot
01-17-2013, 11:35 AM
Call me crazy, but I think the defending champs with their starting QB coming back and the fact that they've been in 3 of the last 4 BCS NC games deserve to be #1. If they want to put the Ags #2, I don't have a problem with that.

they might fear the wrath of Saban if they were to picked them number one in the preseason.

Rabid Cougar
01-17-2013, 11:41 AM

Whatever.

Old Tiger
01-17-2013, 12:37 PM
Whatever.

Ask A&M if they wanted any part of LSU or Florida at the beginning of the season.

Rabid Cougar
01-17-2013, 02:01 PM
Ask A&M if they wanted any part of LSU or Florida at the beginning of the season.

I am sure they had the same questions that football fans everywhere had, "Could they compete against the big dogs of the SEC?" Sumlin told a story about the day that ATM beat SMU. He said that when he got on the bus to leave that it was the quietest he had ever heard a team after a very resounding victory. The reason? The team was watching the end of the Florida game in which they beat then No.23 Tennessee and just realized the significance of their 3 point loss to Florida. ATM was unranked at the time. The LSU game? I am sure that the players pretty much had confidence that they could compete. After that and the Alabama win, the sky was the limit.

From conversations about ATM at the end of the season from all the talking heads on the college football shows.... no one, save probably Alabama,Oregon Ohio State and Notre Dame, wanted any part of ATM or Manzel. And I am not saying that any athlete/coach worth their salt are not up for the challange of the competition. No one wanted to face arguably the hottest team in FBS.. If there had been a play off system in place this past year.. ATM would have been playing in the last game.

Pick6
01-17-2013, 02:13 PM
If there had been a play off system in place this past year.. ATM would have been playing in the last game.

Prove it

Old Tiger
01-17-2013, 02:40 PM
Prove it

because they beat alabama, duh.

NastySlot
01-17-2013, 02:58 PM

ok. Hey Tiger do you think A&M wanted any part of LSU or Florida at the beginning of the season?

Red Bull
01-17-2013, 03:11 PM

I guess the polls remember A&M beating that particular team at Alabama. I guess some of these polls figure A&M can handle them at home. I guess we will see.

Red Bull
01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
I did a lot of guessing in that last post. That is what polls are - an educated guess.

ahs_indian_fan
01-17-2013, 04:42 PM
Anyone remember what happen to this year's preseason #1? For the life of me I can't remember ...

NastySlot
01-17-2013, 05:07 PM
Anyone remember what happen to this year's preseason #1? For the life of me I can't remember ...

Aren t they the guys scuffling in the locker room at the end of the Sun bowl

Papá Oso
01-17-2013, 11:21 PM

Must have had a pretty good season I heard their DC just got a promotion :thumbsup:

Tejastrue
01-18-2013, 12:01 AM

Don't forget...that same QB's GF will be back in the stands as well. If that's the case..Alabama should be #1 hands down! :D

Old Tiger
01-18-2013, 07:56 AM

According to the coaches poll they finished the season 10-3 and beat the Aggies...maybe they should be MNC also!

Lion70
01-18-2013, 08:03 AM
A lot of buthurt in this thread just saying.....

Lucky2Coach
01-18-2013, 08:44 AM
don't forget...that same qb's gf will be back in the stands as well. If that's the case..alabama should be #1 hands down! :d

yes!!!