PDA

View Full Version : Bridge City Baseball

Old Cardinal
02-20-2004, 09:26 PM
Not being rated again is nothing new for Bridge City. They have won their District for 3 years now in 3A and climbed two or three rounds each year, yet never rated. Well this year is no exception. Thusfar they have had 3 scrimmages beating Kelly(a Beaumont Private Catholic School) 13-1, Silsbee 4A 15-1 and tonight Central 4A 25-0. If this makes sense, they are young but very experienced! I have never seen so many good pitchers 3 top lefty's and 2 top right-handers....A towering right-hander Darrel Stevens can do strange things with a hardball. Sophomore Broc Haymon, a lefty with a good varsity freshman year last season, looks like a premium college prospect. I think they will win District and go a number of rounds again this season.

j_dog
02-22-2004, 12:10 AM
I don't know OC. WOS may want a say in that. :p

PPHSfan
02-22-2004, 12:13 AM
j_dog:
I don't know OC. WOS may want a say in that. :p What does W-OS have to do with BC THIS season?

Vrabird
02-22-2004, 10:45 AM
Kinda jumping the gun here huh? Have to wait till next year.

WOSgrad
02-22-2004, 11:52 AM
Yeah, tht district battle will be next year. However, BC always has talent. That mixed in with the coaching skills of Sam Moore, whom WO-S let get away, BC should have a pretty good year.

But watch out for those Orangefield Bobcats, they are bring a pretty talented team to the field.

Old Cardinal
02-22-2004, 12:16 PM
I don't think it will be much of a battle against WO-S NEXT year. LC-M & BC seem to have no problem with them anyway....BC is very young and have a great program. Yes, Sam Moore did us a great job; however, Coach Bryant is now at the helm. He played second base for McNeese State U. and also Coached Buna into the final four one year...The big thing is that BC has a good Young Varsity, a good JV and even a top notch Sophomore/Freshman team! The incredible thing is that Coach Bryant filled these three teams with hardball players and STILL HAD TO CUT TWENTY-TWO players that tried out! I believe you are sitting over their in Houston not knowing the Diamond ball situation over here and just trying to use the ole WO-S intimidation tactics...I can assure you-- BC and several others are not intimidated by you, the girls softball and boys baseball teams NEXT year. Come on over and see how mis-informed you are sitting over there in Houston.

j_dog
02-22-2004, 10:56 PM
PPHSfan:

j_dog:
I don't know OC. WOS may want a say in that. :p What does W-OS have to do with BC THIS season?nothing. just have to fire something at OC occasionally! :)

WOSgrad
02-22-2004, 11:30 PM
Old Cardinal:
I don't think it will be much of a battle against WO-S NEXT year. LC-M & BC seem to have no problem with them anyway....BC is very young and have a great program. Yes, Sam Moore did us a great job; however, Coach Bryant is now at the helm. He played second base for McNeese State U. and also Coached Buna into the final four one year...The big thing is that BC has a good Young Varsity, a good JV and even a top notch Sophomore/Freshman team! The incredible thing is that Coach Bryant filled these three teams with hardball players and STILL HAD TO CUT TWENTY-TWO players that tried out! I believe you are sitting over their in Houston not knowing the Diamond ball situation over here and just trying to use the ole WO-S intimidation tactics...I can assure you-- BC and several others are not intimidated by you, the girls softball and boys baseball teams NEXT year. Come on over and see how mis-informed you are sitting over there in Houston.Uh--huh. Yeah. Right. I corrected j_dog that we are not in the district until next and that is the "ole WO-S intimidation tactic." PPHS is right...it doesn't take that much to get you to jump! Does it?

BTW, when did Moore leave? And do you know where he went?

<small>[ February 22, 2004, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: WOSgrad ]</small>

Old Cardinal
02-23-2004, 02:38 PM
Sam Moore left to go to work as a physical trainer for Claerion(SP) Corp. in Orange, after last season. He has opened "THE ZONE" a first rate facility for training softball and baseball select team players. He is also Coaching a 13 & U premium Select Team for boys. I look for him to franchise this concept all over the country, if he can get the qualified personnel to continue the quality instruction. Sam's a good guy with his options wide open-he can go the college route, big enrollment HS, batting Coach instruction, franchising route: it kind of up to him now.