PDA

View Full Version : Meeks Moves On

buckeyebob
01-15-2013, 07:30 AM
Dickey Meeks, Henderson Head Coach & Ath. Director is heading north to assume the same duties @ Pittsburg...District of Doom runs anothe off to greener pastures...good luck Dickey...good guy.

Lion70
01-15-2013, 08:24 AM
Dickey Meeks, Henderson Head Coach & Ath. Director is heading north to assume the same duties @ Pittsburg...District of Doom runs anothe off to greener pastures...good luck Dickey...good guy.

Wow didn't expect that. Wonder if Henderson is a good job. It will be a rebuilding year next year cause a lot of the playmakers are walking the stage.

lostaussie
01-15-2013, 08:56 AM
Meeks is from Mt Vernon I believe. Heard he was trying to get back closer to home.

http://www.kltv.com/story/20587259/meeks-leaving-henderson-for-pittsburg

lostaussie
01-15-2013, 09:39 AM
Be interested to see the hire. Henderson should get some really good applicants. Anyone know if they may hire from within?

waterboy
01-15-2013, 01:15 PM
I know Henderson has the athletes on a regular basis, but their downfall, in my opinion, is their facilities need drastic improvement. If the people of Henderson would vote "in" a bond election to build a new stadium, weight rooms, etc., they would be a good draw for a coach. I don't think that will happen in the near future due to other needs in their district. The way I understood it is that Meeks already had a home in the tri-lake area, so getting close to home is an ideal situation for him and his family. I can't say I blame him for wanting to drive less and be close to his family while nearing retirement. I haven't heard anything about any possibles to take over the reigns as HC / AD at Henderson now, but I don't think it will be anybody from within.

oldtownag
01-15-2013, 06:59 PM
I know Henderson has the athletes on a regular basis, but their downfall, in my opinion, is their facilities need drastic improvement. If the people of Henderson would vote "in" a bond election to build a new stadium, weight rooms, etc., they would be a good draw for a coach. I don't think that will happen in the near future due to other needs in their district. The way I understood it is that Meeks already had a home in the tri-lake area, so getting close to home is an ideal situation for him and his family. I can't say I blame him for wanting to drive less and be close to his family while nearing retirement. I haven't heard anything about any possibles to take over the reigns as HC / AD at Henderson now, but I don't think it will be anybody from within.

I think you might not know what you speak of! Henderson has an indoor practice facility and first class weight room. The stadium is the only thing that sucks.

waterboy
01-16-2013, 08:38 AM
I think you might not know what you speak of! Henderson has an indoor practice facility and first class weight room. The stadium is the only thing that sucks.

I had forgotten about that. I remember them letting the Dawgs use it a couple of years ago during the playoffs. They ABSOLUTELY need a new stadium, though, and the rest of what I said is true.

Matthew328
01-16-2013, 09:00 AM
Word is there's a bit of talent drop off coming up...could be good timing...

waterboy
01-16-2013, 12:09 PM
Word is there's a bit of talent drop off coming up...could be good timing...

I'm pretty sure there's not many Del Barnes and Monsta Brown type players out there. Those are really special players that any decent coach could build around, but there's plenty of talent to have a winning program at Henderson, in my opinion. They have good numbers and enough talent to continue to win if the right person takes over.

YTBulldogs
01-16-2013, 12:17 PM
When did Dennis Alexander (formerly at Daingerfield, now at Troup) coach at Henderson?

Lion70
01-16-2013, 02:22 PM
When did Dennis Alexander (formerly at Daingerfield, now at Troup) coach at Henderson?

1989 to 2001. Was voted out by school board.