PDA

View Full Version : Texans @ New England

YTBulldogs
01-13-2013, 09:02 AM
I think Houston put's up a better showing then their last time they hooked up with the Pats. Regardless, not sure anyone can contain the 49'ers in the "show" first Sunday in Feb.

Scoop27
01-13-2013, 09:11 AM
Headed to Buffalo Wild Wings at Brazos Town Center in Richmond like last week to watch the game

YTBulldogs
01-13-2013, 09:34 AM
Headed to Buffalo Wild Wings at Brazos Town Center in Richmond like last week to watch the game

Don't drink too much Shiner Scoop. Have a good time!!!!

I think JJ has more swats than Brady has TD passes in this one.

Houston 27
New England 17

zebrablue2
01-13-2013, 01:20 PM
Game day, GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NastySlot
01-13-2013, 01:23 PM

Wait.... You went last week and they lost change it up-new place or maybe sit in a different section and order something different need all the help tonight

YTBulldogs
01-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Wait.... You went last week and they lost change it up-new place or maybe sit in a different section and order something different need all the help tonight

Try a XXX over the Shiner, fully dressed. Hmmmm!!!!

Roughneck93
01-13-2013, 04:44 PM
Should have been seven points.

Texans love those field goals.

Saggy Aggie
01-13-2013, 04:45 PM
Smfh. Dropped a TD pass already

Saggy Aggie
01-13-2013, 06:49 PM
Schaub can hit the road.

JFF is draft eligible after next season!

hookandladder
01-13-2013, 06:59 PM
The sad part is Schaub is worst then Romo but is on a good team, no big game QB's.

Roughneck93
01-13-2013, 07:16 PM
Looks like a Posey TD right there.

lbjacj
01-13-2013, 07:32 PM
Schaub can hit the road.

JFF is draft eligible after next season!

Had the same thought !

Saggy Aggie
01-13-2013, 07:47 PM
I'd trade Schaub for romo any day

Scoop27
01-13-2013, 07:53 PM
Too little too late
Texans got out coached and outplayed
Should have went for the TD after the long kickoff return to start the game.
Can't win on field goals.
A lot of miss tackles and Shaub had too many bad passes
Need to make a lot of off season adjustments and coaching changes.
I could go on and on

Blastoderm55
01-13-2013, 08:18 PM
Too little too late
Texans got out coached and outplayed
Should have went for the TD after the long kickoff return to start the game.
Can't win on field goals.
A lot of miss tackles and Shaub had too many bad passes
Need to make a lot of off season adjustments and coaching changes.
I could go on and on

As bad as the offense looked at times, the defense was too often out of sorts and out of position. I'm not calling for Wade's head, but I hoped for much more after the embarrassment in December.

refereedoc
01-13-2013, 08:38 PM
Wade is good until December and the playoffs as the Cowboys found out. Cupcake Wade's teams always fold in the end.

Saggy Aggie
01-13-2013, 08:57 PM
Blame the D

bobcat1
01-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Wade is good until December and the playoffs as the Cowboys found out. Cupcake Wade's teams always fold in the end.

Do tell....

cougartino
01-14-2013, 12:55 AM
I will call a spade a spade. The Texans relinquished their Super Bowl rights when they lost to Indy in Week 17.

Old Tiger
01-14-2013, 08:15 AM
They just got beat by a better team...tap the breaks thin skinned Texan fans...The D went downhill when cushing got hurt.

Farmersfan
01-14-2013, 09:02 AM
I'd trade Schaub for romo any day

Schaub had a 90.6 QB rating in his elimination game and Romo had a 55.9 rating in his...................... Tony Romo had 12 interceptions in just 3 games this season. All losses. The Texans would have finished the season 9-7 or worst and not even made the playoffs with Romo as their QB. So maybe you will want to reconsider that.

Saggy Aggie
01-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Schaub had a 90.6 QB rating in his elimination game and Romo had a 55.9 rating in his...................... Tony Romo had 12 interceptions in just 3 games this season. All losses. The Texans would have finished the season 9-7 or worst and not even made the playoffs with Romo as their QB. So maybe you will want to reconsider that.

No, I'm not saying Schaub played bad yesterday, because he didn't. If you go back a few posts you will even see that I said 'blame the D'...

IMO, too much of the offense in Dallas goes through the qb and too much pressure is put on Romo to make plays for the Cowboys to win. If he played in Houston, that would not be the case. He would have a better like and a good running game and a lot less pressure to make plays. I think Tony would flourish in a situation like that.

I believe if you put Schaub in an offense like Dallas', he'd fail miserably.

The situation in Houston is conducive to a player like Romo and anyone with a pair of eyes and a brain knows Romo is the better quarterback, despite Houston having a much better team around their qb.

Farmersfan
01-14-2013, 04:58 PM
No, I'm not saying Schaub played bad yesterday, because he didn't. If you go back a few posts you will even see that I said 'blame the D'...

IMO, too much of the offense in Dallas goes through the qb and too much pressure is put on Romo to make plays for the Cowboys to win. If he played in Houston, that would not be the case. He would have a better like and a good running game and a lot less pressure to make plays. I think Tony would flourish in a situation like that.

I believe if you put Schaub in an offense like Dallas', he'd fail miserably.

The situation in Houston is conducive to a player like Romo and anyone with a pair of eyes and a brain knows Romo is the better quarterback, despite Houston having a much better team around their qb.

What part of the Texan's team was better than the Cowboys? The running game was better for Houston but guess what? The passing game for Dallas was better. In fact the Dallas offense averaged more total yards per game than Houston did. (even with that great running game). The Houston defense started out really, really strong but wasn't playing at a much higherlevel than the Cowboys were in the end. The Cowboys gave up more sacks but they also averaged 12 more pass attempts per game. Even with the fewer pass attempts the Texans gave up more QB hits on the season than the Cowboys did. The only difference in the Texans season and the Cowboys season can be summed up in the 3 Tony Romo blow up games. 5 interceptions against the Bears, 4 interceptions against the Giants and 3 interceptions against the Redskins. And the Cowboys still almost won the second 2 games. Without Romo's interceptions the Cowboys beat the Giants and the Redskins and go into the playoffs with a 10-6 record which is just 1 game behind how Houston finished. If the decision were mine you could have Romo for a handful of chips and cold one!

Saggy Aggie
01-14-2013, 08:35 PM
What part of the Texan's team was better than the Cowboys? The running game was better for Houston but guess what? The passing game for Dallas was better. In fact the Dallas offense averaged more total yards per game than Houston did. (even with that great running game). The Houston defense started out really, really strong but wasn't playing at a much higherlevel than the Cowboys were in the end. The Cowboys gave up more sacks but they also averaged 12 more pass attempts per game. Even with the fewer pass attempts the Texans gave up more QB hits on the season than the Cowboys did. The only difference in the Texans season and the Cowboys season can be summed up in the 3 Tony Romo blow up games. 5 interceptions against the Bears, 4 interceptions against the Giants and 3 interceptions against the Redskins. And the Cowboys still almost won the second 2 games. Without Romo's interceptions the Cowboys beat the Giants and the Redskins and go into the playoffs with a 10-6 record which is just 1 game behind how Houston finished. If the decision were mine you could have Romo for a handful of chips and cold one!

What part of the texans was better?

The offensive line.

The running backs.

The defensive line.

The linebackers until Cushing got hurt.

The coaches.

Farmersfan
01-15-2013, 11:04 AM
What part of the texans was better?

The offensive line.

The running backs.

The defensive line.

The linebackers until Cushing got hurt.

The coaches.

I think we could argue all day about whether the Texans linebackers, D-line and coaches are better. Injuries prevented the Dallas defense from being even close to their potential or I'm thinking they would have been better than the Houston defense. If Watts had gotten hurt in week #8 it would have had the same effect as D. Ware getting hurt had on Dallas. His production was cut in half and he still had 11 sacks. (8 in the first 9 games). The offensive line for Dallas had issues for sure but they still had a better passing attack than Houston and if D. Murray had played every game they would have had as good of a rushing attack as Houston had. D. Murray averaged 4.1 ypc which was exactly what Foster averaged. Wade Philips is a Dallas reject so we know he isn't any better and he took Brady James with him who was not worth the money in Dallas. Is Kubiac better than J. Garrett? Only time will tell but even Kubiac is getting a legacy of late season inconsistency and playoff flops. Like I said originally, the only real difference in the Houston team and the Dallas team is the QB's. Romo had 3 major meltdowns that cost his team at least 2 of those 3 games and a playoff run. Schaub didn't!

Old Tiger
01-15-2013, 01:13 PM
I think we could argue all day about whether the Texans linebackers, D-line and coaches are better. Injuries prevented the Dallas defense from being even close to their potential or I'm thinking they would have been better than the Houston defense. If Watts had gotten hurt in week #8 it would have had the same effect as D. Ware getting hurt had on Dallas. His production was cut in half and he still had 11 sacks. (8 in the first 9 games). The offensive line for Dallas had issues for sure but they still had a better passing attack than Houston and if D. Murray had played every game they would have had as good of a rushing attack as Houston had. D. Murray averaged 4.1 ypc which was exactly what Foster averaged. Wade Philips is a Dallas reject so we know he isn't any better and he took Brady James with him who was not worth the money in Dallas. Is Kubiac better than J. Garrett? Only time will tell but even Kubiac is getting a legacy of late season inconsistency and playoff flops. Like I said originally, the only real difference in the Houston team and the Dallas team is the QB's. Romo had 3 major meltdowns that cost his team at least 2 of those 3 games and a playoff run. Schaub didn't!

Texans offensive line > Cowboys
Texans defensive line > cowboys
Texans secondary > cowboys
Texans linebackers > cowboys
Texans WR = Cowboys
Texans QB = Cowboys
Texans RB > Cowboys
Texans Special teams > Cowboys
Cowboys TE > Texans but Texans tight ends fit better in their system than Cowboys.

cougartino
01-15-2013, 01:18 PM
If Gary or Rick had traded a 1 and a 4 for Osi from the Giants, they'd be playing in the Super Bowl. No the 3-4 was not conducive for Osi's skills, but that veteran and Super Bowl experience in the locker room and sideline would have paid dividends in teaching young players like JJ Watt how to win the big one. Charles Haley wasn't really a D-end but he helped the young Cowboys win 3 bowls. IMO

bird_fan
01-15-2013, 02:02 PM
For a QB situation Ithnk the Texan might wait a yeaar orto and Go for Johnny Football Manzeail I would love that

Farmersfan
01-16-2013, 10:05 AM
Texans offensive line > Cowboys
Texans defensive line > cowboys
Texans secondary > cowboys
Texans linebackers > cowboys
Texans WR = Cowboys
Texans QB = Cowboys
Texans RB > Cowboys
Texans Special teams > Cowboys
Cowboys TE > Texans but Texans tight ends fit better in their system than Cowboys.

And all this amounted to the Texans just being 3 games better in a easier schedule? I don't think so! The Cowboys were decimated early and late with injuries and still wasn't too far behind the Texans. The issues with Dallas have been discussed ad nauseum on every kind of forum thinkable and the standard point of referrence always come back to the qualities of the GM and the abilities of the QB. There were tons of examples of different players not stepping up at times, dropping passes, fumbling at important times and other brain dead mistakes that lead us all to understand that something is amiss with this Dallas organization in the leadership department and not necessarily just a matter of talent. Man for man and talent for talent the Cowboys stack up with pretty much any team in the league. They always have! Like i said orginally, the big difference in the 2012 Dallas Cowboys and the 2012 Houston Texans was the dependability and consistency of their QB's. Romo had his normal 3 meltdowns and Schaub didn't! All the numbers for Schaub and Romo were very similar for the season. Except for 3 games where Romo threw 12 interceptions. Those 3 games alone altered the final record for Dallas by 2 or 3 wins!

Manso/V8
01-16-2013, 10:35 AM
For a QB situation Ithnk the Texan might wait a yeaar orto and Go for Johnny Football Manzeail I would love that

Johnny Football is a great college QB and a lot of fun to watch.
Dual threat QB's are the ticket in college.

I am just not sure how someone like him would fare in the pros.

Farmersfan
01-16-2013, 10:52 AM
There is a good reason that running QB's don't last long in the NFL.