PDA

View Full Version : So my wife is bought me four sessions with a personal trainer for Christmas

Gsquared
01-10-2013, 11:35 AM
even though that wasnt on my Christmas list (stick to the list woman!) and did my first session with him last night. Anybody ever do "Planks"? We warmed up with those and they were a M Fer!!!!!! I was spent after the warm up!

Bullaholic
01-10-2013, 11:37 AM
even though that wasnt on my Christmas list (stick to the list woman!) and did my first session with him last night. Anybody ever do "Planks"? We warmed up with those and they were a M Fer!!!!!! I was spent after the warm up!

Don't we have a video clip of you doing some of that stuff on here somewhere? :D

Gsquared
01-10-2013, 11:37 AM
Don't we have a video clip of you doing some of that stuff on here somewhere? :D

No such video exisists :foul:

AP Panther Fan
01-10-2013, 11:39 AM
lol, safe to say you aren't talking about chicken planks, so no...:)

ccmom
01-10-2013, 11:49 AM

Those are killer but they sure will strengthen your core in a hurry. The first time I tried it I thought I was gonna die after 30 seconds. Before long I was doing it for 2 minutes, then 3 and 4. They are never fun or easy, but if you do them right, they work.

Gsquared
01-10-2013, 11:56 AM
Those are killer but they sure will strengthen your core in a hurry. The first time I tried it I thought I was gonna die after 30 seconds. Before long I was doing it for 2 minutes, then 3 and 4. They are never fun or easy, but if you do them right, they work.

Oh man, my next session is this Saturday morning at 10 AM and he said we are going to plank longer. Bad part is, Saturday morning follows a Friday night, and Friday nights are power drinking nights. :(

Ernest T Bass
01-10-2013, 12:28 PM
Oh man, my next session is this Saturday morning at 10 AM and he said we are going to plank longer. Bad part is, Saturday morning follows a Friday night, and Friday nights are power drinking nights. :(

They're part of my daily workouts. Train long and hard enough, and you'll reach my level where you can drink until 1 am and then workout at 6am.

Hendo
01-10-2013, 01:04 PM
She couldn't atleast get you a female trainer!?

Bullaholic
01-10-2013, 01:13 PM
She couldn't atleast get you a female trainer!?

Waste of money for a female trainer---I've never found a female that could be trained---only us men....:D

Gsquared
01-10-2013, 01:14 PM
They're part of my daily workouts. Train long and hard enough, and you'll reach my level where you can drink until 1 am and then workout at 6am.

You do planks daily? I just wanna drink till 6am

AP Panther Fan
01-10-2013, 01:18 PM
Waste of money for a female trainer---I've never found a female that could be trained---only us men....:D

:foul::tongue:

I bet his male trainer resembles "Biker Fox"....that is fairly close to a female trainer....

Bullaholic
01-10-2013, 01:22 PM

I bet his male trainer resembles "Biker Fox"....that is fairly close to a female trainer....

Looks like a request for some Biker Fox photos, G2....I knew the ladies missed em'...:D

Gsquared
01-10-2013, 01:24 PM

Funny thing is, this guy is between midget and just short.

Gsquared
01-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Looks like a request for some Biker Fox photos, G2....I knew the ladies missed em'...:D

You guys wantin some Biker Fox?

Bullaholic
01-10-2013, 01:41 PM
You guys wantin some Biker Fox?

Not the guys---the ladies---

Ernest T Bass
01-10-2013, 02:23 PM
You do planks daily? I just wanna drink till 6am

I do. I think it makes the recovering from drinking easier.

AP Panther Fan
01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Funny thing is, this guy is between midget and just short.

I think he might be over-compensating with all of this fitness stuff due to the fact that he is vertically challenged. What kind of vehicle does he drive? If it is a big pickup truck....he has issues...lol.

Farmersfan
01-10-2013, 04:24 PM
I'm wondering how to interpret a wife purchasing a personal trainer for her husband even though he never asked for one? Would that be the same as a husband buying his wife implants even though she never asked for any???? :)

Hendo
01-10-2013, 06:10 PM
I'm wondering how to interpret a wife purchasing a personal trainer for her husband even though he never asked for one? Would that be the same as a husband buying his wife implants even though she never asked for any???? :)

Yeah. She is pretty much saying she doesn't like the way you look and you need to change. If my wife bought me that, I would return the favor with some walking shoes and a map. :D

bobcat1
01-10-2013, 08:52 PM
Yeah. She is pretty much saying she doesn't like the way you look and you need to change. If my wife bought me that, I would return the favor with some walking shoes and a map. :D

:spitlol: You owe me a drink.:D

Scoop27
01-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Just joined this new fitness center in Wharton (Anytime Fitness) last week in Wharton that opened up late December. Its open 24/7 and only 5 minutes from Hungerford. It's a huge facility with lots of equipment, spacious gym.
The treadmills and climber machines have TVs and radio where you can plug in your headphones
I love it and the trainers are great. Signed a year contract
Hope they can make it-They already have over 500 members.
I love it so far and on a program and getting in shape
There are ones in Sealy, LaGrange, Giddings to name a few and many more down here
http://anytimefitness.com/

Tejastrue
01-10-2013, 10:46 PM
Just joined this new fitness center in Wharton (Anytime Fitness) last week in Wharton that opened up late December. Its open 24/7 and only 5 minutes from Hungerford. It's a huge facility with lots of equipment, spacious gym.
The treadmills and climber machines have TVs and radio where you can plug in your headphones
I love it and the trainers are great. Signed a year contract
Hope they can make it-They already have over 500 members.
I love it so far and on a program and getting in shape
There are ones in Sealy, LaGrange, Giddings to name a few and many more down here
http://anytimefitness.com/

We have one here in Wimberley that opened up a couple of years ago...just curious as to what they are charging you per month/years contract.

buckeyebob
01-11-2013, 06:35 AM
1st...Trainer could possibly be a new Boy Toy for the Missus. Never try to compete with a trainer.

2nd...We have one in Gilmer...it is a **** lab in the back...my advise is to stay away from anything like that.

Gsquared
01-11-2013, 07:35 AM

its like me buying her some diet book.

Scoop27
01-11-2013, 10:16 AM
I pay $40 a month and am on a 1-year contract
Had to pay for a entrance chip that you scan to get in the door
As I said- I love it so far and work out 5 days a week
They have a good membership of over 500 which is pretty good for Wharton I guess.
I have a personal trainer who helps me if I need assistance for no extra cost.
Workers are very friendly and helpful
you can bring your own water and drinks even though they have their own vending machines
I sure hope that they can make it
I need to get in shape big time-even though I'm not over weight
Just need to get our more and try to stay away from watching TV and the computer too much
Are you a member? or have any friends that are in Wimbelery?

Cam
01-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Now I've planked the Mrs. a few times and she's planked me upside the head on occassion.....but I've never planked with a trainer.....nice goin' G2!!!.....

Gsquared
01-11-2013, 04:05 PM
Now I've planked the Mrs. a few times and she's planked me upside the head on occassion.....but I've never planked with a trainer.....nice goin' G2!!!.....

:2thumbsup

Tejastrue
01-11-2013, 04:58 PM
I pay $40 a month and am on a 1-year contract
Had to pay for a entrance chip that you scan to get in the door
As I said- I love it so far and work out 5 days a week
They have a good membership of over 500 which is pretty good for Wharton I guess.
I have a personal trainer who helps me if I need assistance for no extra cost.
Workers are very friendly and helpful
you can bring your own water and drinks even though they have their own vending machines
I sure hope that they can make it
I need to get in shape big time-even though I'm not over weight
Just need to get our more and try to stay away from watching TV and the computer too much
Are you a member? or have any friends that are in Wimbelery?

Not a member but am considering joining and the ad verbage stated that pricing varied depending on location. I personally do not know anyone from Wimberley that are members but they do stay busy and the location is perfect for me. The pricing sounds very reasonable so I hope it's comparable here. Thanks for the response.