View Full Version : Final AP poll

Saggy Aggie
01-08-2013, 11:57 AM
1 Bama
2 Oregon
3 Ohio state
4 Notre Dame
5 Texas A&M

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-01-08/college-football-rankings-final-top-25-ap-poll-alabama-notre-dame-bcs-title-game

1st and goal
01-08-2013, 11:58 AM
A&M robbed, should be #2 or #3

YTBulldogs
01-08-2013, 12:02 PM
A&M robbed, should be #2 or #3

I say #1

ND over them is pitiful.

BEAST
01-08-2013, 12:07 PM
1 Bama
2 Oregon
3 Ohio state
4 Notre Dame
5 Texas A&M

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-01-08/college-football-rankings-final-top-25-ap-poll-alabama-notre-dame-bcs-title-game

ND does not belong in the top 5. Top 10 is iffy IMO.

BEAST

waterboy
01-08-2013, 12:09 PM
I say #1

ND over them is pitiful.

I agree. I think A&M would beat any of the other top 4, especially the way they finished the season. At the very least, they should be above ND. A&M definitely got robbed.

cougartino
01-08-2013, 01:06 PM
Ohio State shouldn't be considered.

Old Tiger
01-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Ohio State shouldn't be considered.

Why they aren't excluded from the AP. Ohio State very well should be #1 in the AP

NastySlot
01-08-2013, 01:28 PM
Why they aren't excluded from the AP. Ohio State very well should be #1 in the AP

What?

Good but not number one good.

NastySlot
01-08-2013, 01:31 PM
1 Bama
2 Oregon
3 Ohio state
4 Notre Dame
5 Texas A&M

nice.....so how are those four teams going to be selected for that playoff. Thinking the process might go a little like this poll.

Saggy Aggie
01-08-2013, 01:31 PM
What?

Good but not number one good.

Lol it's OT. He also picked ND over bama and OU over tamu.

Moron.

cougartino
01-08-2013, 01:36 PM
Because I don't like rewarding those caught cheating. They were on probation and could not attend a bowl game. But maybe that's why this stuff keeps happening. And why some of the youth today don't learn. There's no teeth in the punishment.

ethsfbnut
01-08-2013, 02:40 PM
Well, I`d love to see a a&m game w/oregon. Already beat bama. They`d kill nd.

lostaussie
01-08-2013, 02:40 PM
1 Bama
2 Oregon
3 Ohio state
4 Notre Dame
5 Texas A&M

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2013-01-08/college-football-rankings-final-top-25-ap-poll-alabama-notre-dame-bcs-title-gameI thought they tied at 5 with Georgia. :thinking:

My opinion.........They should have been 3rd but it don't matter if you are not #1. Ags could not beat Oregon. Would roll Ohio State and Notre Dame and game with Georgia would be a classic. Remember........Georgia was a spiked pass and 5 yards away from potentially being in the same place Bama was last night. The Bulldogs were a very good team this year.

Teams that would have beaten ND from SEC: Bama, LSU, Florida, A&M, South Carolina and Georgia.

Phil C
01-08-2013, 02:43 PM

It would have added great controversy. As it is the Aggies should have been in the NC game.

Saggy Aggie
01-08-2013, 02:44 PM
I was impressed with Oregon but not so much so that I'd say that A&M couldn't beat them, but that's your opinion.

Georgia would be tough but I don't see them keeping up with A&M either.

I agree that all those SEC teams would beat nd

Old Tiger
01-08-2013, 02:44 PM
Because I don't like rewarding those caught cheating. They were on probation and could not attend a bowl game. But maybe that's why this stuff keeps happening. And why some of the youth today don't learn. There's no teeth in the punishment.

Tressell's attempted cover was worse than what actual offense. So if you consider Jim young then no telling how old you are.

lostaussie
01-08-2013, 02:48 PM
I was impressed with Oregon but not so much so that I'd say that A&M couldn't beat them, but that's your opinion.

Georgia would be tough but I don't see them keeping up with A&M either.

I agree that all those SEC teams would beat ndLet me say this............games with both Georgia and Oregon would have been VERY entertaining.

cougartino
01-08-2013, 03:18 PM
Tressell's attempted cover was worse than what actual offense. So if you consider Jim young then no telling how old you are.

I'm 46. You be the judge on that. The youth I referred to was our youngsters of today. They see wrongdoing rewarded so what will they be inclined to do? I don't know what offense was worse. But I do know they were offenses. Only time will tell if we're getting through.

Roughneck93
01-08-2013, 08:36 PM
1 Bama
2 Oregon
3 Ohio state
4 Notre Dame
5 Texas A&M

:vrycnfsd:

Tejastrue
01-09-2013, 01:18 AM

That is indeed mind boggling. A&M should be at least top 3. Regardless, no way ND is above them.

movethechain
01-09-2013, 01:39 AM

I guess losing big to Bama counts more than beatin em ... at their own house no less.

ethsfbnut
01-09-2013, 10:04 AM
I guess losing big to Bama counts more than beatin em ... at their own house no less.

Left leaning pollsters?

ahs_indian_fan
01-10-2013, 09:47 AM

Everyone seems to have forgot that A&M loss to Florida and LSU in their own house ... but keep telling yourselves you should have played for a national title. You cannot base rankings solely on the bowl games. Give Nick Saban a month to plan for A&M and the Aggies would have been curled up in the corner sucking their thumb just as ND was.

buff4ever
01-10-2013, 09:59 AM
Everyone seems to have forgot that A&M loss to Florida and LSU in their own house ... but keep telling yourselves you should have played for a national title. You cannot base rankings solely on the bowl games. Give Nick Saban a month to plan for A&M and the Aggies would have been curled up in the corner sucking their thumb just as ND was.

I am not about to say that A&M would beat Alabama everytime if they played 2 or 3 times this year, but if you think that A&M wouldn't have played them a lot better than ND, then you don't watch much football. You are right, bowl games are not the best tell all games, but the NC game should be, other teams in other bowls may lax their workouts a bit or drop the intensity level over the break. But if that happens with either team in the NC, then shame on that coach. ND was not impressive enough this year with their schedule to deserve a 3 spot after the NC game. There are a lot of 1 loss teams that are not in the top 10, ND should have been a one loss team at around the 7 spot. It doesn't really matter though, next year will be a new rank for all.

cougartino
01-10-2013, 10:54 AM

I gotta disagree with you on that one. That game was played on November 10th. Had it been game 1 or 2, maybe. But Saban had plenty of time to plan for A&M. That day, A&M played better.

Saggy Aggie
01-10-2013, 11:37 AM

You seem to have forgotten that those 2 games were Johnny's first game and the game where the kicker screwed over A&M.

I'm not saying A&M belonged in the national championship game with 2 losses, because they didn't, but A&M was one of the best 3 teams in the country at the end of the season

NastySlot
01-10-2013, 12:30 PM

Saban doesn't need a month to game plan to beat anyone.....Aggies were better on that day.

lostaussie
01-10-2013, 04:13 PM
You think they will let us start next years season............next week:D I already miss it. Guess i will just go fish for about 6 months:D

Old Tiger
01-10-2013, 05:52 PM
"We beat Bama so we need to be MNCs!"

hsbtex
01-10-2013, 06:01 PM
"We beat Bama so we need to be MNCs!"

"We got drubbed by Oklahoma 63-21 so we must be really bad ! "

Yes, yes you are

NastySlot
01-10-2013, 06:20 PM
"We got drubbed by Oklahoma again so we must be really bad ! "

Yes, yes you are