PDA

View Full Version : National Championship Game

Spanish Camp
01-07-2013, 10:29 PM
Thank you media for a horrible matchup. ND played sh-- schedule and eeeeked out an undefeated season.....all the SEC haters have been touting ND playing a bunch of bowl teams. Guess what? The signature win was Oklahoma.

ND should be ranked #15-22

Teams Better than ND (no order): Alabama, A&M, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Oregon, Ohio State, Stanford, Florida State, Clemson, Louisville, South Carolina----Maybe: Oklahoma State, Kansas State, LA Tech, Texas, Oklahoma (I know they beat them), Northern Illinois, Baylor, TCU, North Dakota State

This game is Bull Sh--. We should be watching Alabama play Oregon, Stanford, Georgia, A&M or somebody worth a damn.

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2013, 10:31 PM
:) :)

Buff42
01-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Agree. Mainly A&M.

bobcat1
01-07-2013, 11:26 PM
Agree. ND never really impressed me at all this year.

regaleagle
01-08-2013, 02:18 AM
The Networks are the big losers in this one. Their advertisers will not be happy with the ratings. Many switched channels very early. That's the way the dollar bounces. This is what happens with this lousy system the BCS incorporated. No playoff system means a game like this will happen from time to time. Lost revenue is the only thing those in power can understand.

Weebe
01-08-2013, 02:36 AM
Notre Dame should no longer get the benefit of the doubt. Undefeated ND < 1 or 2 loss SEC teams.

hookandladder
01-08-2013, 07:03 AM
Thank you media for a horrible matchup. ND played sh-- schedule and eeeeked out an undefeated season.....all the SEC haters have been touting ND playing a bunch of bowl teams. Guess what? The signature win was Oklahoma.

ND should be ranked #15-22

Teams Better than ND (no order): Alabama, A&M, Georgia, Florida, LSU, Oregon, Ohio State, Stanford, Florida State, Clemson, Louisville, South Carolina----Maybe: Oklahoma State, Kansas State, LA Tech, Texas, Oklahoma (I know they beat them), Northern Illinois, Baylor, TCU, North Dakota State

This game is Bull Sh--. We should be watching Alabama play Oregon, Stanford, Georgia, A&M or somebody worth a damn.

Totally agree , if we had a playoff system there's a good chance we would have been watching Johnny Football last night. A&M has to be the hottest team right now and most likely Alabama would have been playing them, I went to sleep at half time which was still hard to watch till then. Another BCS joke.

Old Tiger
01-08-2013, 08:03 AM
The A&M argument is stupid. At the time when these games were set up you had an undefeated Notre Dame team and of course they should be number one and in the game.

Again at the time of that these games were set up A&M was the 3rd best team in their own division, not the conference.

If you wanna do if or should of situations here is one for you...

If Ohio State wasn't on probation you would of saw a Notre Dame/Ohio State match up. There wouldn't of been an SEC team in the national championship

lostaussie
01-08-2013, 08:50 AM
If Ohio State wasn't on probation you would of saw a Notre Dame/Ohio State match up. There wouldn't of been an SEC team in the national championshipYep, and we STILL would not have seen the two best teams play

It was obvious they would get a beatdown. JOKE

YTBulldogs
01-08-2013, 09:20 AM
I went to the American Picker reruns after 1Q. Pitiful game.

1st and goal
01-08-2013, 09:24 AM
The A&M argument is stupid. At the time when these games were set up you had an undefeated Notre Dame team and of course they should be number one and in the game.

Again at the time of that these games were set up A&M was the 3rd best team in their own division, not the conference.

If you wanna do if or should of situations here is one for you...

If Ohio State wasn't on probation you would of saw a Notre Dame/Ohio State match up. There wouldn't of been an SEC team in the national championship

An ND who went to triple OT with Pitt??? I am not sure how they beat OU or a couple other teams after last night's flop.

Go Blue, sometimes I think you should've stuck to playing baseball. You'd be a great left fielder.

Phil C
01-08-2013, 09:28 AM
I agree with what most of you say. I have been saying all along we need to do like the smaller divisions and have a sixteen team playoff system. That would still leave pleanty of good bowl games like the smaller divisions. Then we would have a real for sure National champion. Heck at the end of the year A&M had the best team in the country and the best football player.

hsbtex
01-08-2013, 09:31 AM
I agree with what most of you say. I have been saying all along we need to do like the smaller divisions and have a sixteen team playoff system. That would still leave pleanty of good bowl games like the smaller divisions. Then we would have a real for sure National champion. Heck at the end of the year A&M had the best team in the country and the best football player.

This!

waterboy
01-08-2013, 09:44 AM
I think Notre Dame deserved to be there, BUT they definitely were not ready for prime time. Alabama had a bigtime experience advantage, not to mention they were just plain better to begin with. All of it added up to a blowout. It happens. There's been a bunch of times where the MNC game ended up being a letdown. As a matter of fact, it's almost a given that it will be most years. That's the main reason why there should definitely be a total playoff format. That would definitely weed out the pretenders before the big stage, and would be a true national championship -- not a MNC. The plus one next year will help, but it's still not a playoff format. At least with a playoff format, a team with one, or two losses will still have a chance.

YTBulldogs
01-08-2013, 09:48 AM
If the NCAA cares about money, like I know they do. Their a larger UIL. Then, add playoffs and watch your wallets grow larger than any format.

waterboy
01-08-2013, 10:08 AM
If the NCAA cares about money, like I know they do. Their a larger UIL. Then, add playoffs and watch your wallets grow larger than any format.

I can definitely agree with this. There would be more games with more at stake equaling more money for the teams involved. All they would have to do is trim the regular season down to 10 games. It won't happen anytime soon because of the greed factor, and too many changes would have to be made. Right now you have the "haves" and "have nots".