PDA

View Full Version : Just went to matamoros, Mexico..,

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2013, 03:31 PM
Me and my Mexican buddy went into downtown matamoros for the day. Got stared down a lot but didn't robbed or killed so I'd call it a success.

Got some cool stuff for my family without gettin hustled too bad I think and also ate some authentic Mexican food :)

regaleagle
01-07-2013, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't be making that trip too often nowadays if I were you, lol. I'm still down here in McAllen/Mission doing the storm damage repairs for people from last summer, and I can tell you it's just not that safe right across the border. That's why so many Mexican nationals that own businesses in Mexico live down here in the valley now. It's just a little bit safer.

Matthew328
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Dang you went from El Paso to Matamoros!! You are putting some miles in!

I agree w/realeagle I wouldn't be making that trip either...lol

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah lol and I was in California before El Paso except that was a flight

Scoop27
01-07-2013, 04:46 PM
I can remember going to Nuevo Laredo and partied hardy That was over 15 years ago and it was much safer
Went to a couple of places that I won't mention
Wouldn't be caught there now since it's so dangerous

1st and goal
01-07-2013, 05:25 PM
You mean Matressmoros? Now Saggy, I thought you were 1 notch smarter than that....

Read what regal typed. Count yourself lucky this time. There is almost no reason to cross that border now. Even the Feds advise against it.

You're probably too young to remember the missing college students whose desecrated/mutilated bodies were found in shallow graves just outside of Matressmoros. Was a drug cult performing satanic rituals to further their drug/money business.

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Matressmoros? Lol

Relax guys, as long as you don't dress flashy and draw attention to yourselves and don't go at night, you'll be fine. It's also sorta necessary to have a fluent Spanish speaking friend (or multiple) with you.

99% of people there mean no harm... They just look at you strange because they're not accustomed to seeing white people, especially in the downtown area.

I dressed down (removed all jewelry, didn't bring a lot of cash), didn't drive a fancy car (in fact we walked and took the local busses - much cheaper and safer) and was friendly to all the people I met and I had absolutely no problems whatsoever. That said, I don't suggest going out at night and I probably wouldn't bring any white females into Mexico. Also, just stay in the public areas. Don't go wandering into unfamiliar areas or back alleys

1st and goal
01-07-2013, 05:51 PM
Matressmoros? Lol

Relax guys, as long as you don't dress flashy and draw attention to yourselves and don't go at night, you'll be fine. It's also sorta necessary to have a fluent Spanish speaking friend (or multiple) with you.

99% of people there mean no harm... They just look at you strange because they're not accustomed to seeing white people, especially in the downtown area.

I dressed down (removed all jewelry, didn't bring a lot of cash), didn't drive a fancy car (in fact we walked and took the local busses - much cheaper and safer) and was friendly to all the people I met and I had absolutely no problems whatsoever. That said, I don't suggest going out at night and I probably wouldn't bring any white females into Mexico. Also, just stay in the public areas. Don't go wandering into unfamiliar areas or back alleys

Until they kidnap the gringo because his parents can probably flush out $50K to see their son again. I'm serious, you can play it off as safe, just cuz you made it once. Mexican roullette. Trust me, I did plenty of stupid stuff in my life and I can only thank the good Lord for still being here, but there is no drink cheap enough, (where minors can drink), that, as a parent I'd let my kid go down there. I'd rather my kid hate me the rest of MY life than to have to have a funeral with no body.

Don't know who's telling you what, but you need to think like your in the middle of a thermal dynamics test.

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2013, 06:08 PM
Until they kidnap the gringo because his parents can probably flush out $50K to see their son again. I'm serious, you can play it off as safe, just cuz you made it once. Mexican roullette. Trust me, I did plenty of stupid stuff in my life and I can only thank the good Lord for still being here, but there is no drink cheap enough, (where minors can drink), that, as a parent I'd let my kid go down there. I'd rather my kid hate me the rest of MY life than to have to have a funeral with no body.

Don't know who's telling you what, but you need to think like your in the middle of a thermal dynamics test.

Lol but thermo SUCKED haha

I know it was dangerous but having done it, I think it's a tad overrated.

Eh, life experience. Crossed it off my bucket list. Just like skydiving, I'll do anything once just to experience it. Doesn't mean I'll necessarily do it again but I don't regret going at all. I actually had a great time

Also, what does cheap drinks have to do with anything?

Matthew328
01-08-2013, 10:05 AM
how was the food?

YTBulldogs
01-08-2013, 10:23 AM
Mexican roulette.

Nailed it. :iagree:

1st and goal
01-08-2013, 10:28 AM
Lol but thermo SUCKED haha

I know it was dangerous but having done it, I think it's a tad overrated.

Eh, life experience. Crossed it off my bucket list. Just like skydiving, I'll do anything once just to experience it. Doesn't mean I'll necessarily do it again but I don't regret going at all. I actually had a great time

Also, what does cheap drinks have to do with anything?

Lots of minors go for the low buck alcohol, but I believe you are better than that.

Saggy Aggie
01-08-2013, 11:09 AM
Lots of minors go for the low buck alcohol, but I believe you are better than that.

Lol I'm 22, and definitely not a minor. I went to Mexico just to go to Mexico

YTBulldogs
01-08-2013, 11:29 AM
22 and a college student. Man, those were the days. Lucky SA.:p

Saggy Aggie
01-08-2013, 11:39 AM
22 and a college student. Man, those were the days. Lucky SA.:p

Lol it's almost over unless I go to grad school in the fall

YTBulldogs
01-08-2013, 11:41 AM
Go to grad school instead of Mexico.

Saggy Aggie
01-08-2013, 11:47 AM
Lol cut me some slack

Cam
01-08-2013, 03:03 PM
Ah hell.....as long as they aren't shootin' at him, Saggy ain't got nothin' to worry about.........Saggy can just out run them.......:doh:....

Saggy Aggie
01-09-2013, 02:57 AM
how was the food?

pretty awesome and extremely cheap. Me and my buddy both ate and we each got a coke and the total was like 7$

ronwx5x
01-09-2013, 10:10 AM
Hope you're not north African. Matamoros translates to kill moors (Berber Muslims from North Africa)!

Saggy Aggie
01-09-2013, 10:44 AM
Hope you're not north African. Matamoros translates to kill moors (Berber Muslims from North Africa)!

Nope, not North African lol

Cam
01-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Did you get your monthly supply of necessary drugs from the local pharmacy?....it's cheap!.....I once made the huge mistake of buying amoxicillin antibiotics & other stuff for all my friends in Dallas....I was questioned at the crossing about why I had so much medicine. Only 1 months supply is allowed. I had enough for about a year!....They let me go with a warning that time.....but I thought they were gonna throw me in the slammer and rape me!....

BEAST
01-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Did you get your monthly supply of necessary drugs from the local pharmacy?....it's cheap!.....I once made the huge mistake of buying amoxicillin antibiotics & other stuff for all my friends in Dallas....I was questioned at the crossing about why I had so much medicine. Only 1 months supply is allowed. I had enough for about a year!....They let me go with a warning that time.....but I thought they were gonna throw me in the slammer and rape me!....

Did you have KY Jelly handy?

BEAST

Cam
01-09-2013, 11:56 AM
Did you have KY Jelly handy?

BEAST

You bet I did!....anytime I travel in Mexico I have the KY, small jar of vaseline, WD40, and aloe vera cream.....you'd almost think I want it to happen!....:eek:.......but I just figure I best be prepared for the worst.......

I no gay......

ogg
01-09-2013, 12:05 PM
Me and my Mexican buddy went into downtown matamoros for the day. Got stared down a lot but didn't robbed or killed so I'd call it a success.

Got some cool stuff for my family without gettin hustled too bad I think and also ate some authentic Mexican food :)
Did stop at Garcia's, store/bar/restaurant just across the boarder?

ogg
01-09-2013, 12:07 PM
Border

Saggy Aggie
01-09-2013, 12:13 PM
Yeah but I didn't buy anything there. I went to the 'centro' to get everything I wanted

pirate4state
01-09-2013, 02:11 PM
:wave: :)

hee hee and you thought my warning was bad! HAHA