PDA

View Full Version : West Texas and South Plains Rep

tors2002
09-11-2002, 08:23 AM
I sit here and read the post and all I see is stuff about Eats Texas and North Texas teams. It is no wonder we do not get any respect or recognition out here. I know we do not fare well in the playoffs out East but miracles happen and I predict a team from West of the metroplex will win the 3A State Championship. I would be stretching it if I picked Lamesa, but they were really good Friday Night. I think they surpised several people who thought it would be an average year. Come on West Texans, start posting and showing them we exist to.

wildstangs
09-11-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by tors2002:
I sit here and read the post and all I see is stuff about Eats Texas and North Texas teams. It is no wonder we do not get any respect or recognition out here. I know we do not fare well in the playoffs out East but miracles happen and I predict a team from West of the metroplex will win the 3A State Championship. I would be stretching it if I picked Lamesa, but they were really good Friday Night. I think they surpised several people who thought it would be an average year. Come on West Texans, start posting and showing them we exist to.

We are here Tor. I take it you are from Lamesa. I am from Sweetwater. Looking forward to a good district race.

vet93
09-11-2002, 09:14 AM
tors2002...I appreciate your enthusiasm but I don't think that the reason there are not as much stuff about west texas is due to lack of respect. We just don't have that many west texas posters. You can't expect someone from Lagrange or Giddings or Sinton to want to talk about west texas football all of the time. They may chime in from time to time, but their main area of interest is going to be closer to home. If you want more dialogue you will need to either encourage more posters to log in or come up with west texas topics that will pique the interest of those of us who live out west. I believe that West Texas has some very good teams this year and more depth than in the past, but it will be extremely difficult for a west texas representative to even get out of their own region (Everman, Bridgeport, Kennedale). Miracles can happen and it would be great to see a west texas state champion, but this may not be the year. Good luck to the the Tors this week. Don't take Pecos lightly, they are much more talented than the polls are showing and their coaching staff seems to have them playing very well.

Originally posted by tors2002:

eye of the tiger
09-11-2002, 09:57 AM
Welcome to the board tors2002. Re-read the posts. Lots of info coming from Sinton and Port I. Lots of good posts from Burnet fans and La Grange fans. This year it seems to be a good blend from all around the state. Not too much from the panhandle(a few perryton posts)and not much from way west(el paso)but a good mix. I am glad you are here to share more west Texas football with us.

Ranger Mom
09-11-2002, 10:19 AM
Hey Tors2002 ... Greenwood is here. I recruited two more Ranger Fans last night..... AudasMom7 and Ranger Mom70. So, we now have 2 more Ranger "MOMs" on board.

tors2002
09-12-2002, 09:19 AM
Eye of the Tiger, I was here last year but for some reason I had to change my username and password. I was under rmann last year. I know Wylie is on the edge of west texas but I was glad to see them beat Forney last week. And yes, Perryton was the surprise to the Region last year. They snuck up on us and Vernon. They are a very disciplined team and carry out their assignments very well.

Greenwood probably knows this but their head coach played for Spike Dykes in high school. Just a little trivia.

Matthew328
09-12-2002, 09:40 AM
Wylie beat Forney last week?? That is news to me..Wylie beat Snyder last week and Forney beat Mesquite Horn...

tors2002
09-13-2002, 10:57 AM
My bad, I thought I heard that Wylie beat Forney. I must have heard wrong. Sorry.

Matthew328
09-13-2002, 11:05 AM
Wylie-Forney would be a good matchup....wouldn't mind seeing that one myself