PDA

View Full Version : The Big XII sucks

Weebe
01-05-2013, 02:27 AM
Any arguments now from the t shirt longhorn fans?

big daddy russ
01-05-2013, 03:25 AM

The Big XII was the deepest conference this year, and we all know bowl games aren't the best measuring stick for conference superiority. Too much time off. Too many teams look too out-of-sync. That said, it doesn't look good when your premier program is mediocre and your two best teams get handled.

SEC still has two to play. We'll see how it plays out.

hookandladder
01-05-2013, 02:15 PM

Keep in mind when you make comments about certain teams and conferences , you are degrading 18 to 22 year old kids. If you ever have a son that is capable of playing at the next level you will understand, I may talk crap about Pro players and teams however they are getting paid to win. Easy to make comments about kids until one of yours is out there , just saying. I am a big Texas fans however sometimes you have to give credit when credit is due, A&M and Johnny Football with solid coaching got it going on right now.

regaleagle
01-05-2013, 03:12 PM
I would say the PAC 12 and Big 10 are were not all that impressive either this season, considering they improved their number of teams. The Big XII did okay considering the new teams it had coming in for the first time. Kudos to Bill Snyder and K-State for an outstanding season. TCU had yet another worthy year for losing their starting qb that was very good. Baylor was much better at the end of the season then at the beginning. Texas was relatively young and without a definite offensive philosophy for much of the season. Tech, OKie State, and W. VA. were probably disappointed with their seasons. All had seasoned players. Overall, I would say the season was interesting and gave us much to look toward for the next few years upcoming. We'll see how the recruiting battles shape up and pan out for the Big 12 in the next few years. I look for TCU, Baylor, and TECH to improve in that area.

Buff42
01-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Keep in mind when you make comments about certain teams and conferences , you are degrading 18 to 22 year old kids. If you ever have a son that is capable of playing at the next level you will understand, I may talk crap about Pro players and teams however they are getting paid to win. Easy to make comments about kids until one of yours is out there , just saying. I am a big Texas fans however sometimes you have to give credit when credit is due, A&M and Johnny Football with solid coaching got it going on right now.

Whatever hook. Like you've never said ANYTHING negative about Giddings, TAMU, or the SEC? Get real.

The Big (not quite)12 sucks and the SEC is better for having TAMU as a member. Get over it.

Deuce
01-05-2013, 06:33 PM
Whatever hook. Like you've never said ANYTHING negative about Giddings, TAMU, or the SEC? Get real.

The Big (not quite)12 sucks and the SEC is better for having TAMU as a member. Get over it.
I couldn't care less on which conference is better, but if the SEC is so much better than anyone else, how in the heck did Florida get their arse handed to them? Especially when they were a 15 point favorite, if I remember correctly.

Weebe
01-06-2013, 12:27 AM
Keep in mind when you make comments about certain teams and conferences , you are degrading 18 to 22 year old kids.

Lol

I'm sure Collin Klein is crying over guys on a message board, that he will never read, saying the conference he plays in sucks.

Emerson1
01-06-2013, 09:39 AM
Collin Klein is 23 and married...

ogg
01-06-2013, 11:05 AM

27 to 25

NastySlot
01-06-2013, 11:29 AM
27 to 25

For some reason I feel like i should say thanks to this reply.

big daddy russ
01-06-2013, 01:31 PM
Does it really matter this much? Both schools got what they wanted. A&M, Nebraska, and Mizzou were never going to stick around with the Longhorn Network. A&M went to a better conference and expanded the brand out from under UT's shadow. UT got to keep the LHN and the Big XII became better by picking up TCU and WV.

NastySlot
01-06-2013, 02:15 PM
Big XII became better by picking up TCU and WV.
Really? Might agree with tcu but West Virginia brings nothing in any sports. Big XII missed out should got Louisville....quality football and they run top notched programs in all sports. Fan base is pretty good also.

big daddy russ
01-06-2013, 02:29 PM
Really? Might agree with tcu but West Virginia brings nothing in any sports. Big XII missed out should got Louisville....quality football and they run top notched programs in all sports. Fan base is pretty good also.

Really. And Louisville's there for the taking. That house is burning down quick.

bwdlionfan
01-06-2013, 03:14 PM

Wasn't this thread started by an Aggie? Seems like Aggie should get over it....

Anytime the Aggies win a game, someone on here gets on here to brag that Aggie is doing great compared to Texas. Anytime Texas wins, now or in the past, I don't recall anyone bragging that Texas won a game and was better then A&M every single week. Seems like some Aggies, even with wanting out of UT's shadow in the Big 12, still feel that they're in the shadow and have to continually post degrading things about the Big 12 and UT to make themselves feel better. Get over it.

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2013, 03:58 PM
Wasn't this thread started by an Aggie? Seems like Aggie should get over it....

Anytime the Aggies win a game, someone on here gets on here to brag that Aggie is doing great compared to Texas. Anytime Texas wins, now or in the past, I don't recall anyone bragging that Texas won a game and was better then A&M every single week. Seems like some Aggies, even with wanting out of UT's shadow in the Big 12, still feel that they're in the shadow and have to continually post degrading things about the Big 12 and UT to make themselves feel better. Get over it.

Lol of course A&M fans are the only ones to say anything negative.

I'd like to remind you of big country and msu. Neither one of those guys ever said anything negative or degrading about A&M or the SEC

LOL

regaleagle
01-06-2013, 04:04 PM
Nice season for the Ags, but not a perfect one. Manziel is the highlight, and put them in the spotlight this season for sure. Next season will tell much more about the Ags, IMO. Everything came together for them this season, and that is great. I enjoyed watching JF do his thing. Can he do it next year without some of the line? We shall see. Good season, Ags. But not a national title....yet.

hookandladder
01-06-2013, 06:08 PM
Nice season for the Ags, but not a perfect one. Manziel is the highlight, and put them in the spotlight this season for sure. Next season will tell much more about the Ags, IMO. Everything came together for them this season, and that is great. I enjoyed watching JF do his thing. Can he do it next year without some of the line? We shall see. Good season, Ags. But not a national title....yet.

I think you hit the nail on the head , A good season for the Aggies but no NC. It's all about winning a NC , anything else is like kissing your sisiter. I can truefully say I enjoyed watching A&M this season only because of Johnny Footabll, the question is can he bring a NC to College Station. Amother good season like this year is not what I would expect at Texas, NC or failure season. No knock on A&M , just what I would expect. This season reminds me of Vince Youngs year when we were at the Rose Bowl , after beating Michigan he and Texas had one goal and that was to be back there to win the NC. That should be A&M main goal next season, anything else would not be complete.

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Nice backhanded compliments

Weebe
01-06-2013, 07:09 PM
So Texas has had only one season that has met expectations in the last 40 years?

Mack has had 15 out of 16 disappointing seasons?

Please.

Weebe
01-06-2013, 07:19 PM
I will say that it has been fun watching the natural progression of excuses/trash talk this season.

It started with the Aggies could never compete in the SEC.

A&M wins some games and it moves to A&M hasn't beaten any good teams.

A&M beats #1 Alabama and it moves to the SEC being down this year.

A&M wins ten games and 6 SEC teams are ranked in the top 10 and it becomes the SEC is overrated this year.

The top 2 teams in the Big XII get embarrassed in bowl games and then it becomes the Aggies haven't done anything because they didn't win a MNC.

I have read Longhorn message boards. They won't say it directly to A&M fans, but the majority of Texas fans are terrified with what is going on right now. They are worried that Texas is in danger of falling back into the cycle of mediocrity that they were in in the late 80's and early 90's.

And they are right. So, publically, they are doing everything they can to discredit A&M's season.

Saggy Aggie
01-06-2013, 07:34 PM
I will say that it has been fun watching the natural progression of excuses/trash talk this season.

A&M wins ten games and 6 SEC teams are ranked in the top 10 and it becomes the SEC is overrated this year.

The top 2 teams in the Big XII get embarrassed in bowl games and then it becomes the Aggies haven't done anything because they didn't win a MNC.

I have read Longhorn message boards. They won't say it directly to A&M fans, but the majority of Texas fans are terrified with what is going on right now. They are worried that Texas is in danger of falling back into the cycle of mediocrity that they were in in the late 80's and early 90's.

And they are right. So, publically, they are doing everything they can to discredit A&M's season.

:eek::eek::eek::thumbsup:

hsbtex
01-06-2013, 07:50 PM

LAUGHING....AWESOME POST!!! Could not have said it better myself. All you have to do is pick up a copy of the Liberal Statesman and see the fear written on EVRYONE'S face. LHN idea just backfired like an atomic bomb, and the result was waking a sleeping giant. Austin is now entrenched in the 80's and 90's, all over again. Welcome to mediocrity hornies...you're going to be here for a long time. I think if you all weren't so arrogant when you were good from 01 to 09 that no one would dislike you like they do...but you guys couldn't resist. Heck of a reality check isn't it. Enjoy your 6-6 seasons...they are here for a long while. And don't worry, big brother will still wave at you :)

hsbtex
01-06-2013, 07:52 PM
27 to 25

Keep living in the past buddy...I would if I was a hornie! Can you imagine what your division 2 team would have looked like playing us in the cotton bowl? :)

hookandladder
01-06-2013, 08:15 PM

Wow, how can you be so obsessed with Texas and A&M. Enjoy what your school has accomplished this year, why compare it to Texas. Go out and win a NC, unbeleiveable.

Weebe
01-06-2013, 08:23 PM
I think you hit the nail on the head , A good season for the Aggies but no NC. It's all about winning a NC , anything else is like kissing your sisiter. I can truefully say I enjoyed watching A&M this season only because of Johnny Footabll, the question is can he bring a NC to College Station. Amother good season like this year is not what I would expect at Texas, NC or failure season. No knock on A&M , just what I would expect. This season reminds me of Vince Youngs year when we were at the Rose Bowl , after beating Michigan he and Texas had one goal and that was to be back there to win the NC. That should be A&M main goal next season, anything else would not be complete.

Wow, how can you be so obsessed with Texas and A&M. Enjoy what your school has accomplished this year, why compare it to Texas. Go out and win a NC, unbeleiveable.

Lol...you are such an easy target.

Buff42
01-06-2013, 10:39 PM

Do you ever say anything pleasant?

Weebe
01-06-2013, 10:51 PM
Do you ever say anything pleasant?

By his standards, La Grange's season must have been an unmitigated disaster.

hookandladder
01-07-2013, 07:41 AM
By his standards, La Grange's season must have been an unmitigated disaster.

You just don't get it, yes we had higher expectations. A District champonship was nice but the ultimate goal was what they were after, the regular season was good but you have to have higher goals and definitely higher goals in college. Not a disaster but the players did expect more from this season, you have to have higher goals. I guess some are just happy to be in the playoffs, to each his own.

Spanish Camp
01-07-2013, 07:58 AM
So Texas has had only one season that has met expectations in the last 40 years?

Mack has had 15 out of 16 disappointing seasons?

Please.

Great post. This is now the basis of the Longhorns party line. "Ags didn't win a Natonal Championship. SEC never been that good, just has a few good teams. Big 12 stacked with good teams."--- their house is burning down. Widespread panic.

hookandladder
01-07-2013, 09:28 AM
Great post. This is now the basis of the Longhorns party line. "Ags didn't win a Natonal Championship. SEC never been that good, just has a few good teams. Big 12 stacked with good teams."--- their house is burning down. Widespread panic.

My post have nothing to do with degrading A&M this year , I honestly feel as long as Johnny Football is healthy the main goal for them is a NC. Anything else would be a disappointment , not a disgrace just not the expectations you would expect. I will bet anything that Alabama, LSU and Texas would expect nothing less then a NC after what A&M accomplished this year. Also , it seems no matter what Texas fans have to say about A&M this year good or bad you still try to make it sound as if Texas fans are jealous or degrading your team. Johnny Football is just amazing to watch play weather your and Aggie or Longhorn, if you appreciate watching someone do special things the team he plays for really does not matter. He will be an amazing College QB for 3 more years as long as he stays healthy, that will be the key to his success- a no brainer.

msu97
01-07-2013, 10:19 AM

Explain to me how an average team in one conference, goes into another conference and quickly becomes a great team means that the other conference is superior? cannot understand that logic

ogg
01-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Keep living in the past buddy...I would if I was a hornie! Can you imagine what your division 2 team would have looked like playing us in the cotton bowl? :)

Yeah? And you’re dreaming what could’ve or might have happened. The fact is the Horns beat the aggies (who cried big tears) and the rivalry ended there, UT owns them.

On a side note, the two aggie o-lineman need to enter the 2013 NFL draft, they’ll be first round picks. Why risk injury your senior year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_nyhwuEX2c

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Msu, Because its clearly not the same team that was in the big 12 last year. To say those teams were even close is being a complete moron

msu97
01-07-2013, 02:02 PM
Msu, Because its clearly not the same team that was in the big 12 last year. To say those teams were even close is being a complete moron

nope, it is based on facts... ATM was not even relevant in the Big XII, much like Miss State or any team not named LSU or ALabama in the Big 12...
see, you are one of those kids who would have stated that Miss State would have finished at least 3rd in the Big 12... like most Aggies did, because Aggies have no sense... Texas would have went 9-3 with Aggies schedule, like I have said, ATM would have went at least 11-1 with UT's schedule...
so that is the comparison... you have an obvious bias... Miss State would not have beaten OU, KState, Tech, OSU, Baylor or UT in teh Big 12... so about the same...
Texas is not that good... nor will they be in the near future...time for Mack to go...
I think the Pac 12 is better than the Big 12... I just do not believe teh SEC is all that... take away Saban and you have a very average conference...

one thing I will say and have said, ATM has the best oline in the nation Bar none

1st and goal
01-07-2013, 02:04 PM
Explain to me how an average team in one conference, goes into another conference and quickly becomes a great team means that the other conference is superior? cannot understand that logic

But for that new conference has kicked booty in bowl play for the last how many years? Even Vanderbilt WON.

And 1 team in the old conference can be largely attributed for the whole conference's demise and problems for the last several years.

And, JF is just THAT freaking good. And he was the catalyst that got the team's beliefs and motivation all on the same train bubba.

And, Since you still ask the stupid question, I have to think you just might never understand how a team can gel.

Weebe
01-07-2013, 02:17 PM
So wait, now msu is saying the Aggies are a great team?

Just a couple of weeks ago he considered then an average team benefitting from a weak SEC.

I can't say I am surprised.

msu97
01-07-2013, 02:20 PM
So wait, now msu is saying the Aggies are a great team?

Just a couple of weeks ago he considered then an average team benefitting from a weak SEC.

I can't say I am surprised.
did I say they were a great team, or did I say they had the best oline in the country... Sherman was one helluva recruiter... also shows that you pick and choose what you want to read... not surprised from an Aggie... i have said all year that the Aggies have the best oline... their tackles are the best and their center is the best...
the SEC is not good... it is an average conference like every other conference... what I have said from the beginning... I know some of you have reading comprehension problems but it is what it is... take Saban, and the ESPN bromance, away from the SEC and you have an average conference...

Weebe
01-07-2013, 02:38 PM
did I say they were a great team, or did I say they had the best oline in the country... also shows that you pick and choose what you want to read... not surprised from an Aggie... what I have said from the beginning... I know some of you have reading comprehension problems but it is what it is... .

You really aren't very intelligent. I'm not sure why I bother.

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2013, 05:40 PM
nope, it is based on facts... ATM was not even relevant in the Big XII, much like Miss State or any team not named LSU or ALabama in the Big 12...
see, you are one of those kids who would have stated that Miss State would have finished at least 3rd in the Big 12... like most Aggies did, because Aggies have no sense... Texas would have went 9-3 with Aggies schedule, like I have said, ATM would have went at least 11-1 with UT's schedule...
so that is the comparison... you have an obvious bias... Miss State would not have beaten OU, KState, Tech, OSU, Baylor or UT in teh Big 12... so about the same...
Texas is not that good... nor will they be in the near future...time for Mack to go...
I think the Pac 12 is better than the Big 12... I just do not believe teh SEC is all that... take away Saban and you have a very average conference...

one thing I will say and have said, ATM has the best oline in the nation Bar none

What the hell did any of that have to with what I said or the question you asked prior that I was answering?

hsbtex
01-07-2013, 06:59 PM
did I say they were a great team, or did I say they had the best oline in the country... Sherman was one helluva recruiter... also shows that you pick and choose what you want to read... not surprised from an Aggie... i have said all year that the Aggies have the best oline... their tackles are the best and their center is the best...
the SEC is not good... it is an average conference like every other conference... what I have said from the beginning... I know some of you have reading comprehension problems but it is what it is... take Saban, and the ESPN bromance, away from the SEC and you have an average conference...

Hey msu, how tall are you?

hsbtex
01-07-2013, 07:04 PM
Yeah? And you’re dreaming what could’ve or might have happened. The fact is the Horns beat the aggies (who cried big tears) and the rivalry ended there, UT owns them.

On a side note, the two aggie o-lineman need to enter the 2013 NFL draft, they’ll be first round picks. Why risk injury your senior year?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7_nyhwuEX2c

Who won the year before smartie? Be VERY THANKFUL your AD has refused to play us. It would be like a scrimmage for us, but big brother wouldn't make it too bad :)
It is hysterical how little brother hates looking up at big brother :)

Buff42
01-07-2013, 07:04 PM

Msu is the definition of a complete moron.

Weebe
01-07-2013, 10:03 PM
Beatdown by the overrated SEC.

hsbtex
01-07-2013, 10:19 PM
Beatdown by the overrated SEC.

SEC is on a different planet than any other conference

Saggy Aggie
01-07-2013, 10:20 PM
Don't tell that to MSU

hsbtex
01-07-2013, 10:22 PM