PDA

View Full Version : Aggies Should Have Stayed in Big 12 Story

Scoop27
01-03-2013, 10:25 PM
http://www.statesman.com/news/sports/college-football/golden-even-with-sec-success-and-the-heisman-aggie/nTmTG/

FB-fanatic
01-03-2013, 11:04 PM
Ha. Ha.

movethechain
01-04-2013, 12:05 AM
We all know Austin is weird and this article just confirms it.

coachc45
01-04-2013, 12:55 AM
Why is it that morst Longhorn fans are about how the Aggies should've stayed then how they need to fix their own ship? Aggie Envy?

Matthew328
01-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Why is it that morst Longhorn fans are about how the Aggies should've stayed then how they need to fix their own ship? Aggie Envy?

I dont get it honestly...seems like A&M is much more of an issue for Texas now than they ever were before

BEAST
01-04-2013, 09:55 AM
I dont get it honestly...seems like A&M is much more of an issue for Texas now than they ever were before

Because the Ags finally told them to shove it. Not just the Ags though, Nebraska, Colorado, and Mizzou.

BEAST

Rabid Cougar
01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Johnny Manzel would have never won the Hiesman if they stayed in the Big 12. Beating the crap out of tu in Austin would have amounted to about the same crap compared to beating Alabama in Tuscaloosa. They woudln't have palyed Florida and LSU to the hilt if they had stayed in the Big 12 because they would have had to play Baylor and tt tu and the rest of the butt hurt Big 12 needs to blame themselves for not scheduling ATM.

hollywood
01-04-2013, 03:32 PM
Stupid article

Aesculus gilmus
01-04-2013, 07:41 PM
Golden: "the Horns, a program still at a crossroads."

No, Cedric, the program is still in the ditch. When you are Texas, 10 wins per season is needed even to claim "crossroads" status.

Even though I'm a Texas Ex, I will be pulling for aTM tonight. They made the right decision and I personally like having a representative from this state in the SEC. It's not my brand of football, but the Aggies so far are representing well.

Phil C
01-07-2013, 10:08 AM
Golden: "the Horns, a program still at a crossroads."

No, Cedric, the program is still in the ditch. When you are Texas, 10 wins per season is needed even to claim "crossroads" status.

Even though I'm a Texas Ex, I will be pulling for aTM tonight. They made the right decision and I personally like having a representative from this state in the SEC. It's not my brand of football, but the Aggies so far are representing well.

How many athletic scholarships are the Aggies going to honor? Or maybe (like Bama) how many are they going to dishonor?

coachc45
01-07-2013, 11:53 AM
How many athletic scholarships are the Aggies going to honor? Or maybe (like Bama) how many are they going to dishonor?

The Ags can sign 34 kids to scholarships. 9 will be mid-term enrollees and will count against last year. The other 25 will count against this year. 3 to 4 are academic non-qualifiers and will not sign. Allows them to have the 37 they have now.

NastySlot
01-07-2013, 11:56 AM
The Ags can sign 34 kids to scholarships. 9 will be mid-term enrollees and will count against last year. The other 25 will count against this year. 3 to 4 are academic non-qualifiers and will not sign. Allows them to have the 37 they have now.

Stewart might choose the MLB route and there are also a few that might flip.

Lucky2Coach
01-07-2013, 12:02 PM
If the Aggies had stayed in the Big 12, they probably would not have made a head coaching change and Sherman would still be the coach. Manziel would probably be a back-up that never got a chance to shine, and we'd still be in the shadow of the other Big 12 teams. Aggies needed a complete culture change, and we got it.

If, if, if... keep saying it. If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle.

All we know is what happened, and every Aggie wouldn't ask for anything different!

Txbroadcaster
01-07-2013, 12:04 PM

only if your going to certain sites like OB.

Eagle 1
01-07-2013, 12:23 PM
Because the Ags finally told them to shove it. Not just the Ags though, Nebraska, Colorado, and Mizzou.

BEAST

Right. LOL...

Matthew328
01-07-2013, 12:50 PM
only if your going to certain sites like OB.

OB, hookem.com, seen it on shaggy but not as bad...just seems odd how the roles have totally reversed

1st and goal
01-07-2013, 01:48 PM
OB, hookem.com, seen it on shaggy but not as bad...just seems odd how the roles have totally reversed

It's just about a million angry fans whose eyes have all turned green with envy...ojos verde

Funny how that final score in the last game has become such a watershed event. Sherman got canned and Mac got a raise and a contract extension. Who's smiling while looking in the rear view mirror now? At the time it was a bitter loss, but sometimes medicine just tastes bad...

msu97
01-07-2013, 02:33 PM
not sure why even print this story... in about 5-6 years they need to revisit this...