Nike sparq- Feb 23
OU - June 1-3
UTexas - June 9th

refereedoc
01-03-2013, 05:21 PM
Tech and Baylor.

Manso/V8
01-03-2013, 05:33 PM
Focus on the 1 day camps he is invited to.......

OLE'BULL
01-03-2013, 06:04 PM
Focus on the 1 day camps he is invited to.......

Couldnt agree more. I would take him to ALMOST all of them that are showing interest. 3 day camps are a grind. Mini camps are where you get noticed.

FB-fanatic
01-03-2013, 09:53 PM
Air It Out - Austin Westlake. Two days, 500-800 reps.

marler1972
01-03-2013, 10:13 PM
SMU
Tech
Baylor
Texas state
Sam Houston State
Lamar

Manso/V8
01-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Air It Out - Austin Westlake. Two days, 500-800 reps.

Good one for sharpening skills, maybe not so much for recruiting.

Matthew328
01-04-2013, 10:31 AM
Nike camp is a major cattle call

Rattler
01-04-2013, 11:15 AM
Matt, your pm box is full

FB-fanatic
01-04-2013, 12:26 PM
Good one for sharpening skills, maybe not so much for recruiting.

Agree. We had a set of 3 good athletic seniors who made the rounds last year at the recruiting camps and felt like their 3A dollars were subsidizing the 4A and 5A boys who were actually getting the looks. Who has had a good experience on the recruiting side at camps that give the 3A guys a look and a chance?

Matthew328
01-04-2013, 01:52 PM
I've seen lots of small school guys get looks at camps etc, just depends on the camp....anytime you pay for a camp you are taking a risk...I've never really dealt in those too much and a lot are out there just to make money...basically the rub for a guy running a camp is get 5-10 (minimum) D1 guys there, that'll draw in analysts from rivals, scout, 247, etc to come and evaluate those kids...well know that I know those guys will be at my camp, I'm gonna put in my camp flyer "Be evaluated by rivals, scout, 247 etc" and that's gonna draw in a lot of kids on the hope those guys will see me....and that equals $$$$$$$$ for the guys running the camp because now it makes em look credible..but in the end, the big time guys get all the reps and love because thats who needs to be there in order for the analysts to be there..

Best thing I can say is be realistic, if you are going to be a senior next year and you haven't gotten anything hand-written or a junior day invite the chances of landing that D1 offer are even smaller than they already were....if you are going to pay for a camp, do a one day camp at a college and try to get a realistic evaluation on what level player the kid is...if he's a D2 kid, dont waste time sending him to a camp at a Big 12 school...that offer isn't coming..if he's a D2 kid, he needs to camp at a D2 or MAYBE a FCS school....those are the coaches who need to be familiar with the prospect...if you ever get an "invite" to a camp but they are asking you to pay, you are invited to the camp, any slappie willing to pay is also invited...invited to a camp means the camp is free...an example is the Army Combine going on in San Antonio right now or the Nike Training Camp (not the SPARQ deal)...

Cam
01-04-2013, 02:40 PM
Gonna try to get my 8th grader to Air It Out in Austin. Several of his buds are planning on it too.

Rabid Cougar
01-04-2013, 03:06 PM
I've seen lots of small school guys get looks at camps etc, just depends on the camp....anytime you pay for a camp you are taking a risk...I've never really dealt in those too much and a lot are out there just to make money...basically the rub for a guy running a camp is get 5-10 (minimum) D1 guys there, that'll draw in analysts from rivals, scout, 247, etc to come and evaluate those kids...well know that I know those guys will be at my camp, I'm gonna put in my camp flyer "Be evaluated by rivals, scout, 247 etc" and that's gonna draw in a lot of kids on the hope those guys will see me....and that equals $$$$$$$$ for the guys running the camp because now it makes em look credible..but in the end, the big time guys get all the reps and love because thats who needs to be there in order for the analysts to be there..

Best thing I can say is be realistic, if you are going to be a senior next year and you haven't gotten anything hand-written or a junior day invite the chances of landing that D1 offer are even smaller than they already were....if you are going to pay for a camp, do a one day camp at a college and try to get a realistic evaluation on what level player the kid is...if he's a D2 kid, dont waste time sending him to a camp at a Big 12 school...that offer isn't coming..if he's a D2 kid, he needs to camp at a D2 or MAYBE a FCS school....those are the coaches who need to be familiar with the prospect...if you ever get an "invite" to a camp but they are asking you to pay, you are invited to the camp, any slappie willing to pay is also invited...invited to a camp means the camp is free...an example is the Army Combine going on in San Antonio right now or the Nike Training Camp (not the SPARQ deal)...

I was typing my reply and Matt238's showed up. I just want to +1 his comments and push the fact about the smaller schools. MidMajor D1's like SunBelt, CUSA, FCS, DIII, they all hold camps and you get lots of looks.
If your boy is a freshman/sophmore send him to camps he wants to go to. That's the fun tuff. Took mine to 3 day camps at LSU and ATM, Kansas (they were good then), K-State and he had a blast. It was his vacation!
Rising Juniors: Just as Mattheew stated, they need to go to places that have shown interest or more in line of his abilities. Stick to the One Day camps at schools. Those are the try-out camps. Don't limit yourself to Big 12 schools. That is mistake LOTS of kids make.
Rising seniors: go to the one day camps from schools that have shown interest and or have invited you to attend. If they give a personal invite, make sure you go because they are looking hard.

Army Combine is a very good camp. Highly recommend if you get an invite. VERY good recruting siminars, very eye opening... Doesn't mean you will get to play in the game the next year though.

Matthew328
01-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Best advice for any parent is be realistic with your expectations....of all the kids who play HS football in Texas only about 400 go Division I each year...i