PDA

View Full Version : Sugar Bowl- Louisville vs. Florida

1st and goal
01-02-2013, 09:00 PM
1st quarter and the Cardinals have been robbed 3 times on bad officiating. But they are winning 14-0 despite the refs.

Gators are playing cheap shots football...no class. Saw the refs talking to the Gator D line prior to the 2nd PAT.

And the annoucers suck too.

Funny thing is, I was going to root for FL, but this dirty brand of ball they are playing has changed my mind. Wonder how they paid the refs off to ignore 2 blatant PF's?

1st and goal
01-02-2013, 09:19 PM
1st quarter and the Cardinals have been robbed 3 times on bad officiating. But they are winning 14-0 despite the refs.

Gators are playing cheap shots football...no class. Saw the refs talking to the Gator D line prior to the 2nd PAT.

And the annoucers suck too.

Funny thing is, I was going to root for FL, but this dirty brand of ball they are playing has changed my mind. Wonder how they paid the refs off to ignore 2 blatant PF's?

What a dumb a$$ I am.....It is the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans....can a MOD please edit thread title?

Bullaholic
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Dirty play or not----the 'VILLE is whoopin' the Gators 24-3......

Roughneck93
01-02-2013, 09:52 PM
Wow...

Not even close.

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2013, 10:09 PM
TD gators right before half. 24-10

Roughneck93
01-02-2013, 10:32 PM
What a start to the second half. Wow.

Old Tiger
01-02-2013, 11:02 PM
How about that tough sec

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2013, 11:09 PM
Lol everyone knows Florida started strong and fell off but still I didn't see this coming.

Oh well, still gonna be 7 natl champs in a row

hookandladder
01-02-2013, 11:24 PM
The big bad SEC ,what a joke. Every conference has it's big dogs and then everyone is beatable. Media has blown the SEC up , pitiful .

Weebe
01-02-2013, 11:39 PM
Big XII is 4-3 with losses to 3 unranked teams:

Tulsa
Michigan State
Syracuse

SEC is 3-3 with losses to 3 ranked teams:

Clemson (14)
Northwestern (20)
Louisville (21)

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2013, 11:41 PM

Tulsa
Michigan State
Syracuse

Clemson (14)
Northwestern (20)
Louisville (21)

Lol facts

Weebe
01-02-2013, 11:51 PM

Tulsa
Michigan State
Syracuse

Clemson (14)
Northwestern (20)
Louisville (21)

Better yet:

Tulsa (3 losses for CUSA team including 1 to SEC doormat Arkansas)

Michigan State-6 losses

Syracuse-5 losses

Louisville-2 losses and Big East champ

Clemson-2 losses(1 of those to S. Carolina)

Northwestern-3 losses

Old Tiger
01-03-2013, 09:02 AM
Better yet:

Tulsa (3 losses for CUSA team including 1 to SEC doormat Arkansas)

Michigan State-6 losses

Syracuse-5 losses

Louisville-2 losses and Big East champ

Clemson-2 losses(1 of those to S. Carolina)

Northwestern-3 lossesbut the big east and ACC are the weakest conferences!

1st and goal
01-03-2013, 09:41 AM
Florida is the most penalized team in the SEC...It peeved me to see the refs do a review on a pass play where the ball dropped between the knees of the receiver and touched the ground. Clearly, the FL defender took a cheap shot helmet to helmet. Too bad they couldn't call the PF after the fact, even though it was clearly a penalty. Refs had so much egg on their faces after just the 1st half, they could've all had huge taquitos at halftime....

After seeing all the cheap shots, I'm glad Fl lost.

BEAST
01-03-2013, 10:34 AM
I wasnt pulling for either team. But, this goes back to what I said on earlier thread, bowl games need to take place closer to the end of the regular season (playoffs, fingers crossed). A month between games and nobody knows what will happen. Florida clearly had the best athletes on the field. However, a month + between games hurt them due to lack of discipline.

BEAST

Phil C
01-03-2013, 01:40 PM
Man how did the Aggies lose to Florida on their own field? I guess maybe it was still early in the season and Johnny Manziel was not yet Johnny Football. That was maybe why they lost to LSU.

This shows that we need a real playoff system to determine NC in Div. 1 College Football. Florida would have been included this year.

GrTigers6
01-03-2013, 01:50 PM
Man how did the Aggies lose to Florida on their own field? I guess maybe it was still early in the season and Johnny Manziel was not yet Johnny Football. That was maybe why they lost to LSU.

This shows that we need a real playoff system to determine NC in Div. 1 College Football. Florida would have been included this year.I believe it was a missed field goal that made them lose to Florida:evillol:

Rabid Cougar
01-03-2013, 03:44 PM
I believe it was a missed field goal that made them lose to Florida:evillol:

Bertolet was 1/1 against Florida. Florida played "keep away" in the 2nd Half and scored while doing so. Ags offense was shakey in the 2nd.

He missed two vs LSU...lost by 5. ATM also had 6 turnovers against LSU.

Weebe
01-03-2013, 03:58 PM

This shows that we need a real playoff system to determine NC in Div. 1 College Football. Florida would have been included this year.

I was at the game. The offensive game plan was extremely conservative. I remember only one play where Manziel threw a pass that was over 5 yards downfield. Everything was along the line of scrimmage.

I can only assume that Sumlin and Kingsbury didn't know what they had in Manziel and were trying to avoid major mistakes by a freshman QB in his 1st game.

I said even before last night's game, that if A&M were to play Florida now, they would beat them by at least 2 TD's.

Rabid Cougar
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I was at the game. The offensive game plan was extremely conservative. I remember only one play where Manziel threw a pass that was over 5 yards downfield. Everything was along the line of scrimmage.

I can only assume that Sumlin and Kingsbury didn't know what they had in Manziel and were trying to avoid major mistakes by a freshman QB in his 1st game.

I said even before last night's game, that if A&M were to play Florida now, they would beat them by at least 2 TD's.

And LSU too!