That's all. Anti clutch

bobcat1
12-31-2012, 12:01 AM
Sucks lol

That's all. Anti clutch

This

movethechain
12-31-2012, 12:33 AM
I think we should honestly refer to his position not as QB but CB. No, not corner back, Choker Back.

Bull Butter
12-31-2012, 12:47 AM
And you actually think he was any worse that Matt Schaub was today? Tony kept his team in the game til the end

Saggy Aggie
12-31-2012, 01:13 AM
No, i agree that Schaub sucks too.

He's the reason the texans won't win a SB this year, aside from a hot and cold defense

Old Tiger
12-31-2012, 09:20 AM
Schaub > Romo

Phil C
12-31-2012, 09:31 AM
And you actually think he was any worse that Matt Schaub was today? Tony kept his team in the game til the end

That is right. He does play a good game till the end and keeps them in the game. But when it comes down to the nitty gritty in must games like this he makes a bad play and loses the game.

Eagle 1
12-31-2012, 10:20 AM
http://cdn.stripersonline.com/d/dd/dd5a7dee_xgksjo.jpeg

LionFan72
01-01-2013, 08:19 AM
And I would make a great NY Jets QB!

LHPfactory
01-01-2013, 10:23 AM
If the Cowboys continue to play progressively worse over the next two seasons they may be in draft position to get Johnny Football.....

Old Tiger
01-01-2013, 12:35 PM
If the Cowboys continue to play progressively worse over the next two seasons they may be in draft position to get Johnny Football.....

That would be a waste of a pick.

Saggy Aggie
01-01-2013, 12:59 PM

Lol just like he wasn't worthy of playing QB for the Longhorns huh?

Kids a winner. He'll succeed at the next level just like he did in college even when no one thought he had the measurables or whatever

bobcat1
01-01-2013, 02:44 PM

You mean kinda like Vince and Colt?

scrub c
01-01-2013, 03:24 PM
Yup, waste... Just like those two

Lion70
01-01-2013, 06:33 PM

Buthurt anyone I bet you honestly think teo was the best defender and bevo 10 is the best conference. before you say it South carlina and the past 6 will be 7 national champions said hi.

yellaseeker
01-01-2013, 06:36 PM

LMAO!!! So true.....

yellaseeker
01-01-2013, 06:41 PM
Buthurt anyone I bet you honestly think teo was the best defender and bevo 10 is the best conference. before you say it South carlina and the past 6 will be 7 national champions said hi.

Too much egg nog over the holidays?

TheDOCTORdre
01-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Kids a winner. He'll succeed at the next level just like he did in college even when no one thought he had the measurables or whatever

Tim Tebow and Vince Young were winners and look at where that got them in the League

Saggy Aggie
01-01-2013, 11:03 PM
Tim Tebow and Vince Young were winners and look at where that got them in the League

Isn't Tebows career win loss record as a starter 9-7? I know that's nothing to write home about but he's won when given opportunities.

Vince was very successful in his nfl career til he went psycho. VY's record as a starter is 26-13.... he also won NFL rookie of the year and went to 2 pro bowls...

Considering both of those guys had mechanics issues, and Manziel doesn't.. i'd take my chances. Manziel just won the heisman as a freshman. I think anyone who wasn't blinded with orange glasses would take him on their team.

Sorry, what was your point again?

TheDOCTORdre
01-01-2013, 11:09 PM
Isn't Tebows career win loss record as a starter 9-7? I know that's nothing to write home about but he's won when given opportunities.

Vince was very successful in his nfl career til he went psycho. Idk what his win loss is but I think it's pretty good. I do know he won NFL rookie of the year and went to 2 pro bowls I think.

Considering both of those guys had mechanics issues, and Manziel doesn't..: I'd take my chances. Manziel just won the heisman as a freshman. I think anyone who wasn't blinded with orange glasses would take him on their team.

Sorry, what was your point again?

Its got nothing to do with orange colored glasses, it has to do with people jumping the gun on the Manziel NFL hype. Manziel's a freshman and who knows what could happen between now and when he actually goes pro. Does he look good in college, no doubt, but lets wait to see what happens. It wasn't too long ago that Jake Locker was being talked about being a great NFL QB and look at him now

Saggy Aggie
01-01-2013, 11:19 PM
Its got nothing to do with orange colored glasses, it has to do with people jumping the gun on the Manziel NFL hype. Manziel's a freshman and who knows what could happen between now and when he actually goes pro. Does he look good in college, no doubt, but lets wait to see what happens. It wasn't too long ago that Jake Locker was being talked about being a great NFL QB and look at him now

I'm not saying he's going to be the next Tom Brady, but I am going to defend my schools QB.

I understand your point completely and agree 100%, but for Old Tiger to say that it would be a wasted pick is just asinine and is equally jumping the gun, just in the opposite direction. He's clearly just being an anti-aggie douche... Which is to be expected from Casey.

ogg
01-02-2013, 01:39 AM
Sucks lol

That's all. Anti clutch

So let me get this straight, when the Cowboys win Romo gets no credit, when they lose it's his fault. Does that sum up your logic?

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2013, 01:43 AM
So let me get this straight, when the Cowboys win Romo gets no credit, when they lose it's his fault. Does that sum up your logic?

Lol, no.

Romo has his moments.... Just not in clutch moments. Game to get into the playoffs.... 3 INTs. Final drive to get into the playoffs... INT.

I'm just saying he's ANTICLUTCH.

When he throws up 400 yds and 3 TDs and the pies win, sure he put the team on his back. But we all know what Romo does in crunch time...

Old Tiger
01-02-2013, 08:09 AM

Doesn't have anything to do with Teo....I don't think Manziel is an NFL calibur QB. He will be a great college QB but his arm strength won't allow him to make it at the next level plus his accuracy will be xposed.

Why hide behind a conference? Represent your team and worry about that...no need to beat your chest about other teams from your conference. SEC hasn't looked too strong this bowl season.

Old Tiger
01-02-2013, 08:11 AM
I'm not saying he's going to be the next Tom Brady, but I am going to defend my schools QB.

I understand your point completely and agree 100%, but for Old Tiger to say that it would be a wasted pick is just asinine and is equally jumping the gun, just in the opposite direction. He's clearly just being an anti-aggie douche... Which is to be expected from Casey.

If you draft Manziel in the first round it is a wasted pick. If he is selected 2nd through 4th then probably not.

Farmersfan
01-02-2013, 10:37 AM

Romo's credit for the wins comes in the form of 12 million dollars a year!!! His blame for the losses comes in the form of frusterated posts on a sports forum or talk show..... I don't see this as even! Do you?

ogg
01-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Lol, no.

Romo has his moments.... Just not in clutch moments. Game to get into the playoffs.... 3 INTs. Final drive to get into the playoffs... INT.

I'm just saying he's ANTICLUTCH.

When he throws up 400 yds and 3 TDs and the pies win, sure he put the team on his back. But we all know what Romo does in crunch time...

Do you actually watch the Cowboys? Their last 8 games were clutch and the Cowboy D certainly didn’t play lights out in that stretch. Three were OT for cryin out loud.

ogg
01-02-2013, 02:04 PM
Romo's credit for the wins comes in the form of 12 million dollars a year!!! His blame for the losses comes in the form of frusterated posts on a sports forum or talk show..... I don't see this as even! Do you?

Thanks, seems like last year till now postings have been down.

People are frustrated when high expectations fail. Based on that premise, I wrote the Cowboys and Redskins off midseason, their second half of the season was amazing for me. Guess that’s why I’m not frustrated but rather I’m high on this team now and (Cowboys) next year. They need to get healthy number one and hopefully get some O-line draft picks.

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Do you actually watch the Cowboys? Their last 8 games were clutch and the Cowboy D certainly didn’t play lights out in that stretch. Three were OT for cryin out loud.

Not really because I'm not a cowboys fan, but I've seen romo screw the pooch consistently in clutch situations. Don't tell me you're STILL a romosexual lol

Saggy Aggie
01-02-2013, 02:38 PM

People are frustrated when high expectations fail. Based on that premise, I wrote the Cowboys and Redskins off midseason, their second half of the season was amazing for me. Guess that’s why I’m not frustrated but rather I’m high on this team now and (Cowboys) next year. They need to get healthy number one and hopefully get some O-line draft picks.

LOL, you're encouraged by what you saw?

Farmersfan
01-02-2013, 03:36 PM

I think a lot of people find reasons to be high on this team after the season ends like this one did. They have to. If they can't find a reason to be hopeful then they become like us Romo-haters! For me it's impossible to visualize a positive coming in the future when the people who have repeatedly given us the negatives are still here! We know what we are going to get with Romo and for most of us it isn't good enough. I'll take my chances on the unknown and hope to hit on a jackpot in the future. Nobody predicted Tom Brady was going to be a diamond in the rough before he got drafted in the late rounds. We have to put young players through the system before we can find that Tom Brady type player. Sooooo many people thought that was exactly what we had done when we stumbled onto Tony here in Dallas! But once we learned that wasn't the case why are we still putting all our eggs in that broken basket. It frustrates the hell out of me.

Roughneck93
01-02-2013, 08:38 PM
I was wondering what RGIII said to Romo after the game Sunday night.

Now we know...

“Hey Tony. I just wanted to say to you, don’t listen to what anybody else is saying about you. You’re a great quarterback, man. And this game doesn’t mean anything,”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/02/robert-griffin-iii-consoles-tony-romo-dont-listen-to-your-critics/

Lol!

Farmersfan
01-03-2013, 04:20 PM
I was wondering what RGIII said to Romo after the game Sunday night.

Now we know...

“Hey Tony. I just wanted to say to you, don’t listen to what anybody else is saying about you. You’re a great quarterback, man. And this game doesn’t mean anything,”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/02/robert-griffin-iii-consoles-tony-romo-dont-listen-to-your-critics/

Lol!

If anything gets Romo out of his funk it should bethis. If Romo has any pride at all that should have pissed him off to the max. Classy move by RGIII but I hardly think he is qualified (YET) to be offering veteran QBs advice. And RGIII has the benefit of 7 zeros at the end of his bank account balance so it's easy for him to say the game doesn't mean anything. Put his arse out on the street and make him earn a living like normal people and the game would take on a whole new perspective. I hate when people of priviledge make condescending comments about how that priviledge isn't important to them. Romo has done it and in my opinion showed a lack of NFL demeanor and certainly harmed his reputation with a lot of fans.! And as soon as RGIII starts losing this comment will come back to bite him in the butt over and over again. Afterall, you can't win consistently if you don't think it's important to do so!

Emerson1
01-03-2013, 04:28 PM
Put his arse out on the street and make him earn a living like normal people and the game would take on a whole new perspective. I hate when people of priviledge make condescending comments about how that priviledge isn't important to them. Romo has done it and in my opinion showed a lack of NFL demeanor and certainly harmed his reputation with a lot of fans.! And as soon as RGIII starts losing this comment will come back to bite him in the butt over and over again. Afterall, you can't win consistently if you don't think it's important to do so!
You are by far the biggest dumbass to have ever lived.

buff4ever
01-03-2013, 04:38 PM
If anything gets Romo out of his funk it should bethis. If Romo has any pride at all that should have pissed him off to the max. Classy move by RGIII but I hardly think he is qualified (YET) to be offering veteran QBs advice. And RGIII has the benefit of 7 zeros at the end of his bank account balance so it's easy for him to say the game doesn't mean anything. Put his arse out on the street and make him earn a living like normal people and the game would take on a whole new perspective. I hate when people of priviledge make condescending comments about how that priviledge isn't important to them. Romo has done it and in my opinion showed a lack of NFL demeanor and certainly harmed his reputation with a lot of fans.! And as soon as RGIII starts losing this comment will come back to bite him in the butt over and over again. Afterall, you can't win consistently if you don't think it's important to do so!

I agree and disagree with you and RGIII. I agree that Romo should be humiliated with having to hear this from a Rookie. I disagree with you in the way you think RGIII meant it, and disagree with RGIII in what he said regardless of how he meant it. You think RGIII implied it is just a game and it doesn't matter, I don't think that is what he meant. I think he meant that this one game doesn't matter in his legacy or how he should be portrayed as a qb. Well, I disagree with RGIII on that, because it actually does matter a lot. Romo has been tagged with the choke guy for a long time for a reason. It is reasons just like this one. He doesn't play big when he has to play big in win or go home type games. He seems to be okay with stepping up and putting things on his shoulders in a sense in week to week games, but the elite qb's in the history of the game put their teams on their shoulders in these type of games when it matters. They come up big at that point. Eli doesn't always look as good as Romo from week to week, but Eli has atleast a couple times in his career vs. none for ROMO, put his team on his shoulders and said I got this guys, let's go win this game.

Farmersfan
01-03-2013, 04:51 PM
You are by far the biggest dumbass to have ever lived.

Well thanks for that! Coming from someone I actually respected that might hurt. But coming from you it means nothing! Your ability to think deeper than a mud puddle is proven nonexistent every time you post something like this. Care to explain yourself or are you just happy with the hit and run?

Emerson1
01-03-2013, 06:07 PM
Well thanks for that! Coming from someone I actually respected that might hurt. But coming from you it means nothing! Your ability to think deeper than a mud puddle is proven nonexistent every time you post something like this. Care to explain yourself or are you just happy with the hit and run?
Since you can obviously read minds and know EXACTLY what RGIII was thinking when he said that I shouldn't need to explain myself. What RGIII said isn't even in remotely the same galaxy as when Romo mouthed off about the games being pointless.

You do know he comes from a strong military background and was just 12 credits away from having his Masters degree after only 4 years of school? Considering he also has torn his ACL in his career I would think he knows how quickly it all could end. He would be fine though since he would have been accepted into Baylor's school of law with or without his football stardom.

Farmersfan
01-04-2013, 04:12 PM
Since you can obviously read minds and know EXACTLY what RGIII was thinking when he said that I shouldn't need to explain myself. What RGIII said isn't even in remotely the same galaxy as when Romo mouthed off about the games being pointless.

You do know he comes from a strong military background and was just 12 credits away from having his Masters degree after only 4 years of school? Considering he also has torn his ACL in his career I would think he knows how quickly it all could end. He would be fine though since he would have been accepted into Baylor's school of law with or without his football stardom.

Seriously Emerson1? You call me names and accuse me of "reading minds" in order to know what RGII was thinking and then you act like you know what he was thinking...................... Did YOU read his mind???? :hand: And in reality it is exactly like what Romo said. Not the exact words but the attitude and opinion that prompted the comments are exactly the same. RGIII and Romo can think that NFL football games aren't important in the overall scheme of things all they want but the only reason they would actually say it is because they already have their huge contracts and those 7 or 8 digit bank accounts. I have been a business owner or manager for 30+ years and would have never hired a person who told me it "was just a job" or "didn't mean anything". Not even for a minimum wage job. Would you? But in the 1000s of times I interviewed for open positions I never remember having someone make a statement like that. Why? Because people looking for jobs know you don't say things like this. A 7.50 an hour employee knows you don't say this so why wouldn't a 75 million dollar employee know it? He does! He just doesn't care because he already has his security. His contract! He has no needs to protect. He is coming from a position of advantage. This is what I originally said.
2 Questions:
#1. If you coached a high school team and your starting QB told his team that a game like this one "didn't mean anything" what would be your response? Just curious!
#2. In your opinion, what could have RGIII been thinking when he said this that makes it alright in your opinion? And did he mean "don't listen to what other people say (including me)" or did he mean "don't listen to what other people say (except for me)"? :crazy:

regaleagle
01-05-2013, 03:40 PM
And I would make a great NY Jets QB!

I must admit this line made me chuckle, hahaha.