Liberty Christian 78
Stephenville 72 (double OT, I think?)

Princeton 75
Burkburnett 65

Abilene Wylie 61
Fairfield 49

vtskneb
12-27-2012, 05:32 PM
Is Liberty Christain good or are some of our fans going to have to eat some crow? I know abosolutely nothing about Basketball.

ccmom
12-27-2012, 05:50 PM
Is Liberty Christain good or are some of our fans going to have to eat some crow? I know abosolutely nothing about Basketball.

My guess would be that LC is pretty good.

bobcat1
12-27-2012, 07:29 PM
Is this in Early?

ccmom
12-27-2012, 07:31 PM
Is this in Early?

Haha I knew someone would go there. ;)

bobcat1
12-27-2012, 07:32 PM
Is Liberty Christain good or are some of our fans going to have to eat some crow? I know abosolutely nothing about Basketball.Liberty Christian is a school in Argyle. They get some very good athletes in Football. I didn't even know they played basketball. I'm like you, I know nothing about basketball except they blow the whistle for the littlest bitty things. They blew it a lot the one game I played in in high school. My game lasted all of 5 minutes. Coach said it sure was funny watching a linebacker trying to play basketball.

ccmom
12-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Boys Blue Division

Thursday results so far....

Kennedale 71
FW Christian 46

Liberty Christian 78

Princeton 75
Burkburnett 65

Abilene Wylie 61
Fairfield 49

Other blue div scores

Ponder 67
Van 46

Brock 64
Sanger 52

Argyle over Jim Ned (but I didn't get score)

regaleagle
12-28-2012, 12:10 AM
Argyle 59

Tuscola Jim Ned 45

ccmom
12-28-2012, 12:14 AM
Argyle 59

Tuscola Jim Ned 45

Thanks!

ccmom
12-28-2012, 12:24 AM
From the girls division

Argyle 57
Godley 44

Abilene Wylie 72
Maypearl 45

Liberty Christian 57
Martins Mill 42

Jim Ned 52
Crandall 48

Alvord 61
Hico 56

Saginaw 52
Sanger 36

Lake Country Christian 48
Winnsboro 44

Libert Christian is a large Private school ranked 3rd in the state. They have a player 6'10" who can play and a very good team. Here is the deal we had the lead and the ball during regulation and overtime with under a minute to play. I cant say anymore on here.

ccmom
12-28-2012, 01:59 PM
Friday scores so far...

Boys blue division...

FW Christian 50
Van 42

Kennedale 49
Ponder 46

Abilene Wylie 55
Clarksville 41

Girls division

Liberty Christian 58
Bowie 49

Abilene Wylie 53
Alvord 50

Boys Blue Division

Thursday results so far....

Kennedale 71
FW Christian 46

Liberty Christian 78.

Princeton 75
Burkburnett 65

Abilene Wylie 61
Fairfield 49

78-73 DOT
Maybe someone can elaborate who was there. That's not from Ville

ccmom
12-28-2012, 09:23 PM
More Friday results...

Boys blue division...

Argyle 47
Liberty Christian 41

Fairfield 57
Pleasant Grove 47

Stephenville 60
Jim Ned 57

Burkburnett 81
Sanger 73

ccmom
12-28-2012, 10:20 PM
Boys blue...

Kennedale 59
Wylie 53

Congrats to Burk for the win today it was a good game and fun to watch. Its hard when you loose 2 games in overtime when you got a 5 point lead and the ball. Makes you wonder whats wrong. Our kids lost that game by missing freethrows and layups. I hope we get to play again and things are fixed.

SHSBulldog00
12-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Reading the updates on the tournament is making me want Whataburger. Now I gotta drive to Bay City.

ccmom
12-29-2012, 03:56 PM
Wylie vs Argyle twice today...

Boys will play for 3rd place and girls playing for the championship.

ccmom
12-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Wylie boys over Argyle (53-47 I think)

Wylie boys over Argyle (53-47 I think)

After watching Wylie, Kennedale, Stephenville, Burke, Argyle they all can beat each other. The East Texas teams like Princeton, Pleasant Grove, Van and that bunch are not on the same level overall. You can tell that the AAU ball in and around Dallas has made a difference overall.
I think anyone who watched the Van tournament and the Whataburger tournament will probably agree. It's a toss up between the 5 teams mentioned above. Overall Stephenville is probably the deepest team. Argyle is defending state champs with some work to do but obviously a solid team. Wylie has a solid well coached first five who passes well and plays very hard. Kennedale has one of the most talented players #44 but not as deep team they also have a solid post player. And Burke has a good group(fast) players who are fast paced with good fans behind them but can be out of position. The problem with Stephenville at this point is not having much time together this year because of winning state and not managing the last minute of a game. It's anyone to take for sure.

I haven't seen Navasota and that group of team down there play.
Nobody can beat Yates without a perfect game and a lot luck but probably not gonna happen as we all know.

texas_wildcat
12-29-2012, 09:37 PM
did kennedale win the last game at 7

bleedgreen
12-29-2012, 10:38 PM
did kennedale win the last game at 7

I don't remember exact score but like 53-47 Kennedale over Brock> Chisolm Trail is a nice new high school campus. Enjoyed the game

It was a nice school and fun tournament with some good games. Enjoyed the Burke fans and the Argyle kids were exceptionally well behaved. Very polite and represented school with class. It was a class act with all the teams I watched. There were a few teams that couldn't compete but that's every tournament. Overall the teams selected were perfect for a competitive well rounded tournament.

ccmom
12-30-2012, 12:19 AM
Argyle girls won the tourney....41-39 over Wylie

GR FAN
12-30-2012, 02:07 PM
After watching Wylie, Kennedale, Stephenville, Burke, Argyle they all can beat each other. The East Texas teams like Princeton, Pleasant Grove, Van and that bunch are not on the same level overall. You can tell that the AAU ball in and around Dallas has made a difference overall.
I think anyone who watched the Van tournament and the Whataburger tournament will probably agree. It's a toss up between the 5 teams mentioned above. Overall Stephenville is probably the deepest team. Argyle is defending state champs with some work to do but obviously a solid team. Wylie has a solid well coached first five who passes well and plays very hard. Kennedale has one of the most talented players #44 but not as deep team they also have a solid post player. And Burke has a good group(fast) players who are fast paced with good fans behind them but can be out of position. The problem with Stephenville at this point is not having much time together this year because of winning state and not managing the last minute of a game. It's anyone to take for sure.

I haven't seen Navasota and that group of team down there play.
Nobody can beat Yates without a perfect game and a lot luck but probably not gonna happen as we all know.

LOL. Rose colored glasses. Kennedale won the tournament, Abilene Wylie and Argyle battled for 3rd with Abilene Wylie winning, Burke played for the consolation championship. Princeton beat Burke and in turn, Burke beat Sville, who ended the tourn 1-2 with the only victory coming against a lower classification school. According to the tournament results, just take Sville out of the conversation and your evaluation has some merit

LOL. Rose colored glasses. Kennedale won the tournament, Abilene Wylie and Argyle battled for 3rd with Abilene Wylie winning, Burke played for the consolation championship. Princeton beat Burke and in turn, Burke beat Sville, who ended the tourn 1-2 with the only victory coming against a lower classification school. According to the tournament results, just take Sville out of the conversation and your evaluation has some merit

Actually we beat Kennedale last week by double digits first game back with full team. We beat Princeton with half our team at Van tourney. Kennedale beat us first game. Trust me its even as can be. I think anyone who has seen the teams play will agree 100%. Glen Rose is not on the same level we all know that we beat you with half a team as well.
We got a problem but its not talent

Coondog
01-02-2013, 10:09 AM
this is my take on what i saw. i have watched 4 games after adding the football players. 1st game Kennadale he played the kids in groups of 5 and pressed not stop and really pushed the ball. Kennadale didn't know what hit them. beat them by double figures. next game against LC same thing with the rotation with the JR group having a little bit of an edge going from 3 down to 13 up at the end of their 4 minutes. the team looked good and should not have lost. we had a 6pt lead with 45 seconds left and lost. what can i say? next two games someone on the bench lost their mind and team for the next two games progressively got worse. in the 4 games we have played i would say we took a small step back in each of those games.

Hey GR fan 71-30 what's up?

GR FAN
01-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Hey GR fan 71-30 what's up?

= 41? You preparing to retake the second grade STARR Test?

= 41? You preparing to retake the second grade STARR Test?

Must be the rose colored glasses. 30 points in a game?