PDA

View Full Version : Coaches moving this spring?

Dogman_1969
12-27-2012, 12:09 PM
In January the jobs open up and there is always coaches moving into open positions and such. I would suspect the schools with coaching openings will be after the successful coaches and staffs at smaller schools again. I know Odessa Permian opened up, Sweeny, Richmond Foster, Rowlett, Whitehouse and others are looking as well. Who do they go after or who is watching to see who is available?

I would imagine that guys like coach Rhodes at CH Yoe will be a sought after candidate again this year as well as the coaches at Mart, Navasota and others that have shown they can win year in year out.

YTBulldogs
12-27-2012, 12:15 PM
Odd no news about Sweeny has been released yet. You'd think those that have applied would been released already. And, I assume they have already been interviewing. Maybe not?

Old Tiger
12-27-2012, 12:31 PM
I could see Fedora going to the college ranks after winning that state title. I've always heard that was his goal before moving up to the collegiate level.

I could also see Rhodes from Cameron moving up to the 4a or 5a class.

Matthew328
12-27-2012, 12:43 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=984&CID=1438747

Old Tiger
12-27-2012, 05:32 PM
http://theoldcoach.rivals.com/content.asp?SID=984&CID=1438747
What's the story on the Whitehouse coach?

Ernest T Bass
12-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Rhodes has been trying to get out of Cameron for almost as long as he's been there. I'd expect him to be long gone after this year.

Yoe_09
12-27-2012, 07:42 PM
I would doubt Rhoades leaves Cameron.

1. Yes, he has applied elsewhere, but has not made the move.
2. Cameron is an elite small school job. I truly believe Rhoades likes his current situation. You are not going to find better community support.
3. The Yoemen return a lot of talent for 2013. This team will be in the business of going back to back. There is also a lot of talent coming up. The JV went undefeated, and the younger classes have another Luna(brother) & Westbrook(brother).

Rhoades is a very good coach, and he could get a job a lot of schools, but I just don't see him wanting to leave his current situation. He could build something really special.

Old Tiger
12-27-2012, 07:49 PM

1. Yes, he has applied elsewhere, and has had offers at larger schools, but has not made the move.
2. Cameron is an elite small school job. I truly believe Rhoades likes his current situation. You are not going to find better community support.
3. The Yoemen return a lot of talent for 2013. This team will be in the business of going back to back. There is also a lot of talent coming up. The JV went undefeated, and the younger classes have another Luna(brother) & Westbrook(brother).

Rhoades is a very good coach, and he could get a job a lot of schools, but I just don't see him wanting to leave his current situation. He could build something really special.They lose a lot on both offensive and defensive fronts.

Matthew328
12-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Although the soph. group is good at Yoe from talking to some coaches there they don't believe its a strong as this year's seniors and juniors...will probably come down to Yoe and Newton again next year

Yoe_09
12-28-2012, 01:13 AM
If you include Charanza(which had started until he went out with a season in district) & Evan(which replaced Smitherman in the playoffs), then the Yoemen will be returning 7 on each side of the ball. The key will be the defensive line.....and time will tell on that.

Matt, the coaches you spoke to are right. The current junior & senior classes are special, and the sophomore class may not have as much, but they have come a long way. A few of those kids will have to step up in a big way, but the capabilities are there.

You know what your are going to get in Cameron is what I am trying to get across.

Old Tiger
12-28-2012, 08:08 AM
If you include Charanza(which had started until he went out with a season in district) & Evan(which replaced Smitherman in the playoffs), then the Yoemen will be returning 7 on each side of the ball. The key will be the defensive line.....and time will tell on that.

Matt, the coaches you spoke to are right. The current junior & senior classes are special, and the sophomore class may not have as much, but they have come a long way. A few of those kids will have to step up in a big way, but the capabilities are there.

You know what your are going to get in Cameron is what I am trying to get across.

I watched the current junior and senior classes grow up due to my cousins that played with them. They always said that those two classes would win state from the JH level on and it came true.

Ernest T Bass
12-28-2012, 11:47 AM

1. Yes, he has applied elsewhere, and has had offers at larger schools, but has not made the move.

Rhoades is a very good coach, and he could get a job a lot of schools, but I just don't see him wanting to leave his current situation. He could build something really special.

What offers has he turned down?
So far, he's been to the state finals twice and won a state championship once. Sounds like he's already built something special.
A lot of times, it has to do with more than just the quality of football program. I'm sure there are places that will pay him considerably more, and I know there are much nicer places to live than Cameron, Texas.

Yoe_09
12-28-2012, 02:03 PM
What offers has he turned down?
So far, he's been to the state finals twice and won a state championship once. Sounds like he's already built something special.
A lot of times, it has to do with more than just the quality of football program. I'm sure there are places that will pay him considerably more, and I know there are much nicer places to live than Cameron, Texas.

I understand all of your points. It will all depend on the person in that case.

LHPfactory
12-28-2012, 11:40 PM
How long has he been there? I've always heard that a loosing season at YOE is a ticket out of town.

Yoe_09
12-29-2012, 12:24 AM
How long has he been there? I've always heard that a loosing season at YOE is a ticket out of town.

Rhoades has been in Cameron now for 4 seasons. Winning is something that is expected in Cameron, but I very seriously doubt Rhoades has anything to worry about.

Matthew328
01-15-2013, 09:51 AM
I could see Rhodes taking a look at the Steele job

Cam
01-15-2013, 10:14 AM
I'll be interested to see if any Burnet assistants leave. At least two of them wanted last years head coaching job....

coach
01-15-2013, 10:53 AM
What's the story on the Whitehouse coach?

Him ant the sup. butted heads big time. I have heard that the whitehouse coach is a jerk and has made a bunch of ppl mad. At the beginning of the year they told him they weren't renewing his contract and when they started out 8-1 or whatever he threatened to leave in the middle of the season.

Red&White_9x5
01-15-2013, 03:23 PM
Rhodes has had a good run at Yoe, topped off by this years title, BUT...... I think that Steele will be looking for someone from a bigger school.