PDA

View Full Version : Everman nearly gives game away..

Matthew328
09-14-2002, 12:25 AM
Everman led Ike 17-7 with about a minute left in the 1st half...but a blocked punt and a fumbled kickoff inside the 10 put the stunned Bulldogs trailing 19-17 at the half...then on the opening kick stud TB DJ Wolfe who had all 5 Ike TD's ran it back and Everman trailed 25-17....but the Dawgs rebounded and put up 26 points to Ike's 7 later in the half and won 43-32..

sinton66
09-14-2002, 01:35 AM
Wow, Congratulations Everman, you didn't REALLY sweat it did you Matthew?

Pudlugger
09-14-2002, 05:39 AM
Ike must be good. Are they a big school, 4A?

rholl
09-14-2002, 09:06 AM
Ike is Oklahoma classification of 6A. From what I read they only have 11 and 12th grade with an enrollment of 1700 to 1800 so if the had 9th and 10th grade like Texas high schools, they would have close to 4000 students. They had very large lines on both O and D.

TexasCoach
09-14-2002, 10:00 AM
I used to live and work in Oklahoma before moving to work in Texas. This being the case, I still follow Oklahoma football fairly close. Lawton IKE is one of 3 high schools in the town of Lawton, Ok. In the early 90's IKE was one of the most dominant teams around. They churned out D1 talent like a factory. They were the USAToday "mythical" national champions in 1990 or 91 (can't remember for sure). Since then though, they haven't been just all that wonderful. A typical season has been the 7 wins 4 losses type of season. This year's team is incredibly young. They lost 17 to 18 starters from last year's team. Hats off to Everman for their deserved victory, but people shouldn't get the idea that they were playing a Lawton IKE team of "the old days". I think a more interesting Okla - Tex match up would be Everman versus the Clinton Red Tornados. Clinton is the most dominant 4A (4A out of 6A, roughly equal to 3A in Texas) program in the state of Oklahoma. There is no way to really compare the teams because they have no common opponents or anything; I just know it would be a great game. It is a shame that games like this will probably never be played.

eye of the tiger
09-14-2002, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by rholl:
Ike is Oklahoma classification of 6A. From what I read they only have 11 and 12th grade with an enrollment of 1700 to 1800 so if the had 9th and 10th grade like Texas high schools, they would have close to 4000 students. They had very large lines on both O and D.

Plano uses the senior high school system. Only juniors and seniors. Plano has about 10(not usre about this number) other high schools with freshman and sophs. I dont know if any other Texas system does this or not.

Ranger Mom
09-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Midland Lee and Midland High both have separate Freshman schools, so their's is Sophomore through Senior.

Matthew328
09-14-2002, 11:58 PM
Everman didn't play very well on defense or special teams..if the Dawgs don't have those 3 special teams mistakes they blow Ike out..but special teams are a part of the game so the Dawgs need to work on that..and yes this isn't the Ike of old but they are still pretty good..that kid Wolfe is a D-1 running back and is being recruited by some good programs..(OU, Colorado, K State to name a few) and Everman won't see a line that big all year both lines were huge and even though they were young were good..smallest starting O-Lineman was 250..the rest were 300 and over...a good win for Everman no doubt...consider it like a win over an above average 5A school..