PDA

View Full Version : The un-answerable question!!

toddg
12-24-2012, 05:48 AM
on the 5A boards there is a very intense argument about who would win between Katy and Allen..and there is cetainly underlying, sometime blatant tension on this board about Stephenville and Navasota...i would bet the same is happening on the 4A, 2A, and 1A places as well...ya know..thats cool and gives the folks something to go back and forth with and keep the conversation fun and interesting...but then..folks aint happy they won a state championship, they want to mouth off that they could have won the 4A championships as well, and better yet..could have competed with the 5A big dogs too...ha ha, thats when it gets laughable..but back to the topic...i got bad news for you..it will never be answered! never be proven! because that game will never be played..that is real, that is fact..plain and simple...be happy with your championships, ya'll earned it...i know what it feels like to lose a championship by 1 point..id really like to know how it feels to win one..hopefully someday i will, maybe one of my 3 boys will be on that team that does..if and when it does..i wont give a damn if we could have beat the other 3A champion or not!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all!!

Scoop27
12-24-2012, 06:38 AM
I would go with East Bernard over Cameron in 2A
Will go with Navasota in 3A

Emerson1
12-24-2012, 07:51 AM
I bet a D1 v. D2 matchup starts getting considered in the next 5 years. I assume it being the 17th game would be the only thing holding it back.

cougartino
12-24-2012, 08:24 AM
I bet a D1 v. D2 matchup starts getting considered in the next 5 years. I assume it being the 17th game would be the only thing holding it back.

UIL has said no dice to this. It would require them to either start the season a week early or extend it a week after Christmas. They don't want to do that. It would also affect the larger districts ability to schedule much needed byes. Some have suggested going back to the old system of the district winner and a runner-up only advancing to the playoffs. Good luck with that one!

Rabid Cougar
12-24-2012, 09:38 AM
If we just accepted the outcome then us folks who didn't when squat would not have anything to talk about until August.
Already stated my thoughts on Stephenville/Navasota. East Benard and Cameron? Cameron's defense would take care business in this one. I think Navasota and Stephanville could take the 4As, was not impressed with either of the 4A champions. Now Katy and Allen? I'll take Katy. They look and play like a college team.

Emerson1
12-24-2012, 09:56 AM
UIL has said no dice to this. It would require them to either start the season a week early or extend it a week after Christmas. They don't want to do that. It would also affect the larger districts ability to schedule much needed byes. Some have suggested going back to the old system of the district winner and a runner-up only advancing to the playoffs. Good luck with that one!

For now. At some point they probably said no dice to 2 teams making the playoffs, then 3 teams, then 4 teams.

cowboyandchrist
12-24-2012, 10:11 AM
on the 5A boards there is a very intense argument about who would win between Katy and Allen..and there is cetainly underlying, sometime blatant tension on this board about Stephenville and Navasota...i would bet the same is happening on the 4A, 2A, and 1A places as well...ya know..thats cool and gives the folks something to go back and forth with and keep the conversation fun and interesting...but then..folks aint happy they won a state championship, they want to mouth off that they could have won the 4A championships as well, and better yet..could have competed with the 5A big dogs too...ha ha, thats when it gets laughable..but back to the topic...i got bad news for you..it will never be answered! never be proven! because that game will never be played..that is real, that is fact..plain and simple...be happy with your championships, ya'll earned it...i know what it feels like to lose a championship by 1 point..id really like to know how it feels to win one..hopefully someday i will, maybe one of my 3 boys will be on that team that does..if and when it does..i wont give a damn if we could have beat the other 3A champion or not!!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to all!!

It is real simple, just go to a 9 game regular season, problem solved and we have a true champion in each class. I would love to see the Rattlers play the Ville. What a game that would be.

Txbroadcaster
12-24-2012, 10:42 AM
For now. At some point they probably said no dice to 2 teams making the playoffs, then 3 teams, then 4 teams.

they tried in bball in 1A and called it the Texas cup or something...it did not go over well..the teams had already won their title and it just was basically a scrimmage

YTBulldogs
12-24-2012, 12:24 PM
Leave it as is. Debates who is better is good for the game. And, congrats to this year's State Champs.

coachc45
12-24-2012, 02:53 PM
If we just accepted the outcome then us folks who didn't when squat would not have anything to talk about until August.
Already stated my thoughts on Stephenville/Navasota. East Benard and Cameron? Cameron's defense would take care business in this one. I think Navasota and Stephanville could take the 4As, was not impressed with either of the 4A champions. Now Katy and Allen? I'll take Katy. They look and play like a college team.

Really..... naive aren't we. Both teams were excellent teams, but they wouldn't have won 4a. Too much depth of talent. But good try.

Sville
12-24-2012, 03:32 PM
This is the way I like to look at it, once the playoffs start we basically have 10 divisions, 1A thru 10A. Sville was the 6A champs and Sota was the 5A champs. We each won our classification.

SintonFan
12-24-2012, 09:32 PM
This is the way I like to look at it, once the playoffs start we basically have 10 divisions, 1A thru 10A. Sville was the 6A champs and Sota was the 5A champs. We each won our classification.

Not a bad way to look at it. :thinking:

toddg
12-25-2012, 01:46 AM

sounds good to me!

buckeyebob
12-25-2012, 09:30 AM
I bet a D1 v. D2 matchup starts getting considered in the next 5 years. I assume it being the 17th game would be the only thing holding it back.te this year on the establishment of DD

Everything being done now in the UIL is segregation of D1 & D2...supt. are to vote this year on the establishment of D1 & D2 during realignment with D1 & D2 districts (like 2A)...most that I have talked to seem to think this will pass...in football, size does matter

buckeyebob
12-25-2012, 09:41 AM
Not much can be done now...get off your duffs, encourage your Supt. to support D1 & D2 split during realignment...however, STEPHENVILLE with 999 students & NAVASOTA with 749 would have been in Div 1 to start (looks like 600 will be the split point now) so the whole thing would have been moot...it is hard to think that Mineola with 453 should play Stephenville for SC.

Ville-D
12-25-2012, 09:46 AM
this is the way i like to look at it, once the playoffs start we basically have 10 divisions, 1a thru 10a. Sville was the 6a champs and sota was the 5a champs. We each won our classification.

6a > 5a

OldBison75
12-25-2012, 09:50 AM
On this Christmas morning I have decided to give a gift to all who find it necessary to make these comparisons and prognostications:

My Santa Claus give Stephenville the satisfaction to believe that they could not lose to Navasota and may the Navasota Rattlers all be satsified that they are the Division II champions and not have nay envy in their hearts.

lostaussie
12-25-2012, 10:06 AM
on this christmas morning i have decided to give a gift to all who find it necessary to make these comparisons and prognostications:

My santa claus give stephenville the satisfaction to believe that they could not lose to navasota and may the navasota rattlers all be satsified that they are the division ii champions and not have nay envy in their hearts.amen

Rabid Cougar
12-25-2012, 10:17 AM
Really..... naive aren't we. Both teams were excellent teams, but they wouldn't have won 4a. Too much depth of talent. But good try.

Naive? Not hardly. Stephanville lost to Aledo last year in the 4A State Division II Semifinals with basically the same depth they had this year.

bigwood33
12-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Nope, not going to happen. The season ends the weekend before Christmas now...no way it gets extended.

toddg
12-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Nope, not going to happen. The season ends the weekend before Christmas now...no way it gets extended.

i agree, if they want that, then why not just go back to 2 teams from each district and have just 1 bracket would be the rhetorical..