PDA

View Full Version : Serious question about RR and the media coverage

Did anyone notice how the 3A D1 game got the shaft? I understand they had the game a week prior and next year it's changing. (one guy even said on live TV when they played a few weeks ago and had to be corrected) The media during this week basically ignored the game. It was mentioned a few times but the teams and the players that played the game got ignored. No TV and to make it worse they seemed to exclude them the last 3 days. Even when RR was talking about the QB's and they got to jones they casually mentioned Stephenville dropping to 3A and that they may have been to cocky against Mexico and then never said a word about Jones or Texas State. It was almost like RR and the crew didn't like Stephenville or El Campo. All they kept saying was 9 games in 3 days over and over. When they did the final highlights of the games they didn't even put the game in there. I think I saw it once in 3 days a short clip when they briefly mentioned Tyler.
When they talked about kids stock rising because of the long playoff runs same thing.

Manso/V8
12-23-2012, 12:24 PM
Did anyone notice how the 3A D1 game got the shaft? I understand they had the game a week prior and next year it's changing. (one guy even said on live TV when they played a few weeks ago and had to be corrected) The media during this week basically ignored the game. It was mentioned a few times but the teams and the players that played the game got ignored. No TV and to make it worse they seemed to exclude them the last 3 days. Even when RR was talking about the QB's and they got to jones they casually mentioned Stephenville dropping to 3A and that they may have been to cocky against Mexico and then never said a word about Jones or Texas State. It was almost like RR and the crew didn't like Stephenville or El Campo. All they kept saying was 9 games in 3 days over and over. When they did the final highlights of the games they didn't even put the game in there. I think I saw it once in 3 days a short clip when they briefly mentioned Tyler.
When they talked about kids stock rising because of the long playoff runs same thing.

They showed the 3a D1 highlights during the recap show @11 pm last night. They said some nice things about Jones, showed him getting the MVP award, and had him listed on the recruit/commit graphic as having given a verbal to TSU.

toddg
12-23-2012, 12:48 PM

Alvarado got alot more media coverage last year..they even showed clips of the championship game during the cowboy broadcast the following sunday..and there was about 5000 more people that attended the game last year too!!:taunt:

but id rather have the championship trophy any day!! ya'll won the championship! so quit crying about the lack of coverage!!

varsity parent
12-23-2012, 12:50 PM
When they talked about kids stock rising because of the long playoff runs same thing.Believe me, everyone in 3A in the state of Texas is very well aware of all of the things that Stephenville and Jones and company did this season. Great job! I for one watched the game on TV

Spanish Camp
12-23-2012, 12:51 PM
Yes, the Div 1 game definitly got the shaft. Kids got cheated.

J2M2SR
12-23-2012, 12:55 PM
Alvarado got alot more media coverage last year..they even showed clips of the championship game during the cowboy broadcast the following sunday..and there was about 5000 more people that attended the game last year too!!:taunt:

but id rather have the championship trophy any day!! ya'll won the championship! so quit crying about the lack of coverage!!

Pretty sure he just wants our kids here in the Ville noticed !!!! We have great talent getting overlooked, or undercooked at the bare minimum!!! I noticed it as we'll!!!!! Good ole 4a drop down SHAFTING!!!

toddg
12-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Pretty sure he just wants our kids here in the Ville noticed !!!! We have great talent getting overlooked, or undercooked at the bare minimum!!! I noticed it as we'll!!!!! Good ole 4a drop down SHAFTING!!!

i understand that, but im sure, college scout wise, nobody got overlooked....but your right..they should have highlited the D1 game more throughout the broadcast the last 3 days, they deserved the recognition.

Manso/V8
12-23-2012, 02:03 PM
I wish they would replay the D1 SC game or make it available online. I wasn't able to watch it because we were playing that night.
For sure the 3a D1 SC game didn't get as much attention during the coverage this weekend, but overall the FSSW coverage was very good.
It was great to watch all the games from 1A to 5A.

Scoop27
12-23-2012, 02:57 PM
East Bernard got a lot of coverage with Ty Slania a QB

Im not crying and the broadcast was great I loved watching every game. It just was not treated the same and didnt get the coverage it deserved. No matter who was playing all I heard over and over was about the 9 games. Overall it was great they just needed to throw in some more clips or highlights from the game last week or something to recognize both teams for being there.

Emerson1
12-23-2012, 03:41 PM
Yes, the Div 1 game definitly got the shaft. Kids got cheated.

I doubt any of them give a crap at this point. It was still able to view on the Internet so anyone who cared to watch got to see it.

regaleagle
12-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Well, that's the last time it'll be that way, for sure. I"m pretty certain from here on out EVERY game will be telecast(or is it telecasted???).

Matthew328
12-24-2012, 08:28 AM
There's no doubt 3A Div. I has gotten the short end of the stick the past couple of years, I'm glad its changing....people who whined about 4 teams in the playoffs didnt seem to take this kind of thing into account

YTBulldogs
12-24-2012, 12:58 PM
There's no doubt 3A Div. I has gotten the short end of the stick the past couple of years, I'm glad its changing.

:iagree: Next year the UIL finally has it all right in regards to the finals. Yes, I've slammed the UIL over the past for things, but--I have to give them a that-a-boy for getting the finals all correct finally.