PDA

View Full Version : Navasota vs. Stephenville

Milk That Cow
12-22-2012, 04:06 PM
I wonder who would have won this hypothetical ballgame...

Anybody see both teams play?

hollywood
12-22-2012, 04:12 PM
No one will ever know.
Navasota had the better defense.
Stephenville had the better offense.
IMO it would have been a slug fest.

slingshot
12-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Well since you asked... Stephenville by 14.

Hendo
12-22-2012, 04:45 PM
bearbear78 should be chiming in any time now.

I would take Ville by 3. But thats just gut feeling. I have only seen the Jackets play.

Pendragon13
12-22-2012, 04:45 PM
S'ville ripped through some pretty good defenses on their way to the title...some arguably as good as Navasota. Gotta go with the Ville if they actually played..

toddg
12-22-2012, 05:04 PM
i say both teams are champions in their own right..both earned their championships, and have nothing to prove. no matter how much you think you know about both teams, theres one thing we do not know...and never will..and thats how a game between these two teams would have played out..perplexing i know, but thats how it is!! i got to go watch a power I team beat the snot out of a spread/speed team right now..its 4pm

HEMOTOXIC
12-22-2012, 06:16 PM
S'ville ripped through some pretty good defenses on their way to the title...some arguably as good as Navasota. Gotta go with the Ville if they actually played..

Seriously? I doubt that any were as good as Navasota's...Not even close.. Maybe Kilgore a distant second at best.. But remember, Gilmer beat Kilgore 20-14...

ccmom
12-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Seriously? I doubt that any were as good as Navasota...Not even close.. Maybe Kilgore a distant second at best.. But remember, Gilmer beat Kilgore 20-14...

Very good point. The Navasota defense I saw yesterday was stout!

speedbump
12-22-2012, 08:06 PM
I wonder who would have won this hypothetical ballgame...

Anybody see both teams play?

I saw both teams play.

bearbear78
12-22-2012, 08:15 PM
bearbear78 should be chiming in any time now.

I would take Ville by 3. But thats just gut feeling. I have only seen the Jackets play.
Wow, you really are hung up on the bears opinions huh, awesome... Ill go with Navasota by as many as they would feel like scoring.. Thank you for thinking of me lol

GrTigers6
12-23-2012, 09:54 AM
Navasota defense wouldn't be able to stop stephenville but would slow them down considerably. Navasota O would be able to score on their D. I don't have a clue who would win but I can guarantee it would be the best team stephenville faced all year.
My pic would be 28-24 either team winning!

Rabid Cougar
12-23-2012, 10:01 AM
Navasota? No disrespect, but Stephenville would have won either 4A Division this year.

HEMOTOXIC
12-23-2012, 10:43 AM
Navasota? No disrespect, but Stephenville would have won either 4A Division this year.

None taken, it's your opinion.

Inmateboss
12-23-2012, 11:13 PM
Don't know who would have won, but that would have been one killer game to have watched!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

j_dog
12-24-2012, 01:46 AM
Frankly, I think a healthly Navasota team also would have won either division in 4a, and would have beaten many 5a teams. I saw Navasota play twice, but did not realize just how fast the entire Navasota team was until Jasper's fastest running back broke into their secondary. The entire Navasota defense was staying with him step for step until they ran him out of bounds. Against most teams once he reached that point, it would have been an automatic TD for Jasper. Few other teams could have caught him. Even Carthage did not catch him.

vtskneb
12-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Frankly, I think a healthly Navasota team also would have won either division in 4a, and would have beaten many 5a teams. I saw Navasota play twice, but did not realize just how fast the entire Navasota team was until Jasper's fastest running back broke into their secondary. The entire Navasota defense was staying with him step for step until they ran him out of bounds. Against most teams once he reached that point, it would have been an automatic TD for Jasper. Few other teams could have caught him. Even Carthage did not catch him.

Guyer would have probably handed both Stephenville and Navasota their butts. Maybe Division 2 was there for the taking but not the larger division. Navasota congrats on your title!