PDA

View Full Version : Guns and Ammo

With the Election over and the crazies shooting up schools and such it's impossible to find weapons and ammo.
Anything tactical is SOLD all ammunition in bulk is gone. our local gun shop sold more on Monday than any other day in its history. If you can find some buy it now and put it away.
I stocked up 6,000 rounds of .22 and 1000 rounds of .223. Plus 3 or 4 extra magazine for each gun.
.223 is going for $1 per bullet NOW and some stores that have a little will only sell 100 rounds per customer.
I looked all day and found a RRA VARMIT upper 20 inch bull barrel 1.8 twist for my AR. IT was the last one I could find. (Washington State) the manufacturer says they are on indefinite back order on all AR-15 lowers,uppers or complete rifles in .223 or 308. Wal-Mart (box stores) still have some small packs.
I was lucky and had bought UMC 250 round yellow box in 9mm, 40, and 45 in the past for my pistols that I had put away.

There is talk around town is that ALL GUNS WITH REMOVABLE CLIPS INCLUDING PISTOLS could be banned. ***???
They may be able to take people guns up north easier but how do you Texans feel about giving up your weapons??? And I know it's only speculation at this point but it might just happen.

defense51
12-22-2012, 04:19 PM
With the Election over and the crazies shooting up schools and such it's impossible to find weapons and ammo.
Anything tactical is SOLD all ammunition in bulk is gone. our local gun shop sold more on Monday than any other day in its history. If you can find some buy it now and put it away.
I stocked up 6,000 rounds of .22 and 1000 rounds of .223. Plus 3 or 4 extra magazine for each gun.
.223 is going for $1 per bullet NOW and some stores that have a little will only sell 100 rounds per customer.
I looked all day and found a RRA VARMIT upper 20 inch bull barrel 1.8 twist for my AR. IT was the last one I could find. (Washington State) the manufacturer says they are on indefinite back order on all AR-15 lowers,uppers or complete rifles in .223 or 308. Wal-Mart (box stores) still have some small packs.
I was lucky and had bought UMC 250 round yellow box in 9mm, 40, and 45 in the past for my pistols that I had put away.

There is talk around town is that ALL GUNS WITH REMOVABLE CLIPS INCLUDING PISTOLS could be banned. ***???
They may be able to take people guns up north easier but how do you Texans feel about giving up your weapons??? And I know it's only speculation at this point but it might just happen.
It will never happen!

Emerson1
12-22-2012, 04:41 PM

I'm more convinced the gun companies create these conspiracies to create a panic and through the roof sales.

sinfan75
12-22-2012, 07:09 PM
Clips with more than 10 round capacity is all i've heard

scrub c
12-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Never happen...

Of course I have said that before and been wrong.
(but you will NOT get mine)

scrub c
12-22-2012, 10:53 PM
and what is the difference between 10 round clip and a 17 round clip, other that 7 additional shots?
I mean, what idiot said... lets make it a nice round number, how about 10.

dumb

speedbump
12-23-2012, 12:21 AM

Paranoia runs deep,
Into your life it will creep.

44INAROW
12-23-2012, 01:00 AM
Ville. Have you checked into the Russian ammo. It comes In These brass color metal boxes and you have to use this weird tool to open it up...
Someone close to me ordered quite a bit of ammo before the election and is stocked up just in case. He and his wife took the classes and passed the background checks and got their CHL in Sept. He has been taking his girls (16 and 12) to the gu range and they are pretty good shots and can break down and clean several of the guns.. Automatic and single shot. He wants them to be able to protect themselves and respect the guns. Scary times indeed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

zeeman
12-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Ville. Have you checked into the Russian ammo. It comes In These brass color metal boxes and you have to use this weird tool to open it up...
Someone close to me ordered quite a bit of ammo before the election and is stocked up just in case. He and his wife took the classes and passed the background checks and got their CHL in Sept. He has been taking his girls (16 and 12) to the gu range and they are pretty good shots and can break down and clean several of the guns.. Automatic and single shot. He wants them to be able to protect themselves and respect the guns. Scary times indeed.

:) :)

Manso/V8
12-23-2012, 01:21 AM
Eastern bloc ammo is corrosive.A good option if you have a chromed barrel, or so I'm told. Not that I care, I'm a pretty good shot.

movethechain
12-23-2012, 01:47 AM

The better Russian would be the "Bear" ammo ... Brown, Silver and Gold. Steel cased, but with coating to reduce corrosion. Usually shoots a little "dirtier", but your gonna clean your gun regularly anyway, right? I've not tried any, but have a friend who has used the Gold or Golden and he recommends it. YMMV.

Manso/V8
12-23-2012, 02:01 AM

What are you afraid of? You sound very insecure. Get a shotgun and a bunch of shells and I think you can protect yourself and your rations.

Emerson1
12-23-2012, 02:25 AM
What are you afraid of? You sound very insecure. Get a shotgun and a bunch of shells and I think you can protect yourself and your rations.

Tank > redneck's ar-15

speedbump
12-23-2012, 03:52 AM
and what is the difference between 10 round clip and a 17 round clip, other that 7 additional shots?

dumb

Four or five six year olds?

I have gauge 12 Remington 870 with a side saddle and plenty of shells. I'm not afraid of anything to speak of other than loosing the freedom we have. I don't think insecure is a good way of saying it. Worried I can't buy ammunition yes. Go online and try and buy .223/556 and see what happens.
I have been collecting weapons for years and don't want someone telling me that if we keep them we would be felons. I don't want to be taxed for each weapon I own making it harder for people to keep and own collections of weapons.
If you don't thinks its possible for them to ban high capacity magazine again you are wrong. Even simple guns like 10-22 with the new Ruger 25 round magazine could be banned.
Have you checked on buying ammo recently you will be shocked. Go online and look around then tell me what you think.
Some people like golf I like guns. When you can't afford to purchase ammo because its either all gone or double the price that should be a good reason to worry.
Heck you can't even find 500 count .22lr in stock for plinking or target practice especially forget about hollow point and that's the most popular ammo of all.
I called a friend who owns a gun shop in Baxter Kansas and he said it was impossible to get ammo or guns from his dealers. Star Arms in Stephenville said the same thing. Tac Pro (108)where law enforcement trains around dallas said the exact same thing. On target in Fort Worth said they were completely sold out. Cheaper than Dirt had a line out the door waiting for them to open and the shelves are empty. Anyone who has been wanting an AR-15 good luck without paying a premium for some off the wall configuration that normally you wouldn't even consider. Saga shotguns same thing. The list goes on and on. Fn five seven been sitting on shelves in stock not anymore. The point of the thread is if you can find some ammo buy it. I had someone offer me $900 dollars for 2 cases of 556 420 round boxes that originally cost $139 per container. 3 times what I paid for it. I would say its pretty hard to get!!!

gameface
12-23-2012, 09:03 AM
Respectfully, as in guns and golf-it's not the fiddle, it's the fiddler! Stand strong independent thinking Amercia-stay accountable and set the standard-not happening in D.C. Hope you find all the ammo and guns you chose-house'em safely!

toddg
12-23-2012, 01:51 PM
I have gauge 12 Remington 870 with a side saddle and plenty of shells. I'm not afraid of anything to speak of other than loosing the freedom we have. I don't think insecure is a good way of saying it. Worried I can't buy ammunition yes. Go online and try and buy .223/556 and see what happens.
I have been collecting weapons for years and don't want someone telling me that if we keep them we would be felons. I don't want to be taxed for each weapon I own making it harder for people to keep and own collections of weapons.
If you don't thinks its possible for them to ban high capacity magazine again you are wrong. Even simple guns like 10-22 with the new Ruger 25 round magazine could be banned.
Have you checked on buying ammo recently you will be shocked. Go online and look around then tell me what you think.
Some people like golf I like guns. When you can't afford to purchase ammo because its either all gone or double the price that should be a good reason to worry.
Heck you can't even find 500 count .22lr in stock for plinking or target practice especially forget about hollow point and that's the most popular ammo of all.
I called a friend who owns a gun shop in Baxter Kansas and he said it was impossible to get ammo or guns from his dealers. Star Arms in Stephenville said the same thing. Tac Pro (108)where law enforcement trains around dallas said the exact same thing. On target in Fort Worth said they were completely sold out. Cheaper than Dirt had a line out the door waiting for them to open and the shelves are empty. Anyone who has been wanting an AR-15 good luck without paying a premium for some off the wall configuration that normally you wouldn't even consider. Saga shotguns same thing. The list goes on and on. Fn five seven been sitting on shelves in stock not anymore. The point of the thread is if you can find some ammo buy it. I had someone offer me $900 dollars for 2 cases of 556 420 round boxes that originally cost $139 per container. 3 times what I paid for it. I would say its pretty hard to get!!!

how hard is it to get slugs, caps and powder?

how hard is it to get slugs, caps and powder?

I'm not sure I have a case of 12 guage so I haven't checked. I think there is plenty though its the tactical stuff you can't find. Big five did have some hollow point .22 when I was there today but 0 .223.

MUSTANG69
12-24-2012, 12:15 PM
I'm more convinced the gun companies create these conspiracies to create a panic and through the roof sales.

I think it is past being a conspiracy. Obama has already commissioned Biden to head a group to recommend new policies and laws. I got news for them. They may pass laws that will keep me from buying guns that I want but they ARE NOT confiscating any of the guns that I own.

Buff42
12-24-2012, 08:13 PM
Thomas Jefferson- "No freeman shall ever be debarred the use of arms."

So I saw a FN FIVE SEVEN for sale $3,300.00 3x its normal value online.

Manso/V8
12-25-2012, 01:14 PM
Try buying a generator in Houston just before a hurricane is headed toward the Bayou City. There are hard to find and 3x the price. Then a couple months after the storm, you can pick up some barely used units of 1/2 price. I don't know what will happen if they put restrictions in place for assault rifles, but if you can still buy them from individuals, I bet the price comes down from the 3x you see now. A lot of people are probably buying them now that really don't want one, need one, or can afford one.

Phil C
12-26-2012, 09:24 AM
Why must I keep reminding you again and again as well as explaining it over and over. IF GUNS ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS!

Phil C
12-26-2012, 09:26 AM
Wouldn't it be ironic if guns are outlawed we had illegal guns smuggling from Mexico. And unlike the drug traffic many of them would probable be guns we gave them in the first place. Ironic isn't it?

Phil C
12-26-2012, 09:27 AM
Never happen...

Of course I have said that before and been wrong.
(but you will NOT get mine)

I'm with you but in the long run I am afraid that will be like me saying I'm not going to pay any income taxes. When it comes to the nitty gritty you pay.

Phil C
12-26-2012, 10:14 AM
I'm with you but in the long run I am afraid that will be like me saying I'm not going to pay any income taxes. When it comes to the nitty gritty you pay.

I also remember a friend of mine who got drafted in the early 70s into the Army. When he got his notice he said he wasn't going. When it came down to it he went and served his time.

rockdale80
12-26-2012, 04:19 PM

I have the same sentiment. Idiots believe anything and as a result the gun industry is booming. Obama has done nothing but relax gun laws in the last 4 years...literally.

I dont think such a bill would make it through Congress either....so the panic is for no reason.

speedbump
12-26-2012, 04:41 PM
Why must I keep reminding you again and again as well as explaining it over and over. IF GUNS ARE OUTLAWED ONLY OUTLAWS WILL HAVE GUNS!

Look at the bright side. If only outlaws had guns that nut case that killed all those children would have had to steal his weapons from an outlaw instead of his paranoid brain dead mother. Chances are he wouldn't have made it out of the bad guys house alive and 26 good people would still be alive today.

I'm pretty sure stricter gun laws mean they are going to do a house to house search and take away all weapons. LOL

MUSTANG69
12-27-2012, 10:46 AM
Look at the bright side. If only outlaws had guns that nut case that killed all those children would have had to steal his weapons from an outlaw instead of his paranoid brain dead mother. Chances are he wouldn't have made it out of the bad guys house alive and 26 good people would still be alive today.

I'm pretty sure stricter gun laws mean they are going to do a house to house search and take away all weapons. LOL

No, he would just buy the guns from outlaws on the black market. The same number of people would have died.

MUSTANG69
12-27-2012, 10:52 AM
I mean, what idiot said... lets make it a nice round number, how about 10.

dumb

Banning the number of rounds a clip may hold is ridiculous. It will accomplish nothing. If you ban 30-round clips then the nut case will just buy 3 10-round clips. It only takes a few seconds to change clips.

Emerson1
12-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I think it is past being a conspiracy. Obama has already commissioned Biden to head a group to recommend new policies and laws. I got news for them. They may pass laws that will keep me from buying guns that I want but they ARE NOT confiscating any of the guns that I own.

You say this, but if they want your guns bad enough they are going to get them and there would be nothing you could do about it.

As I said above. Tank > redneck's AR-15

Sville
12-27-2012, 11:56 AM
You say this, but if they want your guns bad enough they are going to get them and there would be nothing you could do about it.

Sure there is you can hide them. Plus doing what I do for a living I am very involved in the LE community and I can say that locally here in Sville everyone that I have talked to said they would not participate in any gun confiscation plan. They have all said to a man and woman that if the federal govt. said you need to take these type of guns, they would respond by telling them, if you want them go get them yourself.

rockdale80
12-27-2012, 12:44 PM
Sure there is you can hide them. Plus doing what I do for a living I am very involved in the LE community and I can say that locally here in Sville everyone that I have talked to said they would not participate in any gun confiscation plan. They have all said to a man and woman that if the federal govt. said you need to take these type of guns, they would respond by telling them, if you want them go get them yourself.

It is nothing but a conspiracy to drive gun and ammo prices up. You are dumb enough to fall for it. Here is a question, in the last 4 years gun and ammo sales have been exorbitant, but can you tell me one law that has restricted gun rights? Come on...name just one.

MUSTANG69
12-27-2012, 01:09 PM

Not if they can't find them.

Manso/V8
12-27-2012, 01:20 PM
Banning the number of rounds a clip may hold is ridiculous. It will accomplish nothing. If you ban 30-round clips then the nut case will just buy 3 10-round clips. It only takes a few seconds to change clips.

My cousin is a deputy sheriff and I asked him what he thought about the smaller clip. He said that in some cases, that break in the action to change clips allows law enforcement to take out a shooter. Also, unless someone is pretty practiced at changing clips, it can take more than a few seconds, especially if they are under a lot of stress.

On the other hand, I don't own an assault rifle, but have been told that the larger clips have a tendency to jam. I think I remember reading that the Aurora, CO shooter had a big clip/drum and it jammed,

BEAST
12-27-2012, 03:23 PM

The military will turn on the gov't before it would attack its own people whose freedoms THEY fight to uphold.

BEAST

Manso/V8
12-27-2012, 03:24 PM

Hiding the guns might not be such a bad idea. If the Conn shooter's mom had hid her Bushmaster and pistols, kept them locked up, or maybe had trigger locks on them, or in someway kept her mentally ill son from having access to the them, we wouldn't be having this discussion now. Banned or not banned, there is some burden of responsibility on the owner. Sure you can say they are other ways to kill large numbers of people, but assault weapons and the like are designed to make that easy. It is also not just the functionality of the weapons, the design also seems to invoke some sense of power which is a huge draw for some. The Columbine shooters used pistols and sawed off shotguns. They planned their attack well ahead of time, and there were plenty of warning signs that those two kids might be up to no good. That is probably the biggest failure. If those kids did have assault rifles with large clips, I wonder if they would have done even more damage.

I understand that people want to have the same kind or better weapons to protect themselves, from criminals or even the government. I don't think most criminals, other than these recent mass shootings are using assault rifles, at least in the US. So, are assault rifles and large magazines really necessary for protection? They seem more like a weapon of aggression rather than protection. If I am wrong, let me know. If people want weaponry to protect themselves from the government, then the standoff is probably not gong to last very long anyway. As efficient as assault rifles are, they don't compare to other means of putting down resistance that the government has available. No one seem to be complaining that tanks, grenade launchers, hand held mortars, and fully automatic machine guns are not available at Wal-Mart.

My guess is that most of those folks in Sville saying they wouldn't participate in a govt gun confiscation plan probably don't own guns that would need to be confiscated anyway, and if they did, when it came down to it, they would probably hand them over, or go to the effort of getting special permits, if it was the law of the land.

I own guns, but I am not a gun freak. I am not advocating excessive gun control and regulations. I wouldn't want anyone to take mine away. When I hear about the Aurora and Newtown shootings, I do feel like we have lost some liberty. I would certainly trade my right to own certain kinds or quantities of guns and ammo if it would reduce or prevent things like Newtown. Assault rifles and large clips may be a part of the problem, but for sure there are many other factors involved. I think we really need to look at all means to try to reduce or prevent these type of incidents, and be willing to contribute to the effort.

BwdLion73
12-27-2012, 03:27 PM
Never let a good catastrophe go to waste.

BEAST
12-27-2012, 03:30 PM
Hiding the guns might not be such a bad idea. If the Conn shooter's mom had hid her Bushmaster and pistols, kept them locked up, or maybe had trigger locks on them, or in someway kept her mentally ill son from having access to the them, we wouldn't be having this discussion now. Banned or not banned, there is some burden of responsibility on the owner. Sure you can say they are other ways to kill large numbers of people, but assault weapons and the like are designed to make that easy. It is also not just the functionality of the weapons, the design also seems to invoke some sense of power which is a huge draw for some. The Columbine shooters used pistols and sawed off shotguns. They planned their attack well ahead of time, and there were plenty of warning signs that those two kids might be up to no good. That is probably the biggest failure. If those kids did have assault rifles with large clips, I wonder if they would have done even more damage.

I understand that people want to have the same kind or better weapons to protect themselves, from criminals or even the government. I don't think most criminals, other than these recent mass shootings are using assault rifles, at least in the US. So, are assault rifles and large magazines really necessary for protection? They seem more like a weapon of aggression rather than protection. If I am wrong, let me know. If people want weaponry to protect themselves from the government, then the standoff is probably not gong to last very long anyway. As efficient as assault rifles are, they don't compare to other means of putting down resistance that the government has available. No one seem to be complaining that tanks, grenade launchers, hand held mortars, and fully automatic machine guns are not available at Wal-Mart.

My guess is that most of those folks in Sville saying they wouldn't participate in a govt gun confiscation plan probably don't own guns that would need to be confiscated anyway, and if they did, when it came down to it, they would probably hand them over, or go to the effort of getting special permits, if it was the law of the land.

I own guns, but I am not a gun freak. I am not advocating excessive gun control and regulations. I wouldn't want anyone to take mine away. When I hear about the Aurora and Newtown shootings, I do feel like we have lost some liberty. I would certainly trade my right to own certain kinds or quantities of guns and ammo if it would reduce or prevent things like Newtown. Assault rifles and large clips may be a part of the problem, but for sure there are many other factors involved. I think we really need to look at all means to try to reduce or prevent these type of incidents, and be willing to contribute to the effort.

The military would not turn on the people. If the gov't ordered them to go throughout the states and take all assault weapons from law abiding citizens at any cost, I promise you the generals would tell the POTUS where to stick it.

BEAST

Manso/V8
12-27-2012, 04:02 PM
The military would not turn on the people. If the gov't ordered them to go throughout the states and take all assault weapons from law abiding citizens at any cost, I promise you the generals would tell the POTUS where to stick it.

BEAST

I guess we are talking hypothetically, but if there was a confiscation program, I doubt it would be carried out by the military.

rockdale80
12-27-2012, 04:03 PM
The military will turn on the gov't before it would attack its own people whose freedoms THEY fight to uphold.

BEAST

That is an assumption. You have absolutely nothing but an opinion to corroborate that statement.

Sville
12-27-2012, 04:17 PM

You miss understood my post, and I should of been more clear with my abbreviations. I am a fire marshal and when I stated "LE" that meant law enforcement commonly abbreviated as LEO (law enforcement officer). Every city police officer, deputy sheriff, and state trooper I have talked to said they would not participate or enforce a directive to confiscate so called assault weapons (AW). Every single one of them I have had this conversation with have said that if the federal govt. mandated to take peoples AW away they can do it themselves. That is the last thing any of us wants to do is to go knocking on Joe Bob's door saying, "I am here to get your AR15, and get our @$$ shot off."

I seriously doubt they will or could logistically take away previously legally obtained firearms. But the current US admin will try to limit the future selling or transfer of certain type of weapons and large capacity ammo feeders, or classify them in the same category as machine guns which you can legally buy in 39 states through a process through the ATF. It takes about 120 days to process the application and you are charged a one time $200 tax for each weapon registered if you can afford the weapon.

Manso/V8
12-27-2012, 04:39 PM
You miss understood my post, and I should of been more clear with my abbreviations. I am a fire marshal and when I stated "LE" that meant law enforcement commonly abbreviated as LEO (law enforcement officer). Every city police officer, deputy sheriff, and state trooper I have talked to said they would not participate or enforce a directive to confiscate so called assault weapons (AW). Every single one of them I have had this conversation with have said that if the federal govt. mandated to take peoples AW away they can do it themselves. That is the last thing any of us wants to do is to go knocking on Joe Bob's door saying, "I am here to get your AR15, and get our @$$ shot off."

I seriously doubt they will or could logistically take away previously legally obtained firearms. But the current US admin will try to limit the future selling or transfer of certain type of weapons and large capacity ammo feeders, or classify them in the same category as machine guns which you can legally buy in 39 states through a process through the ATF. It takes about 120 days to process the application and you are charged a one time $200 tax for each weapon registered if you can afford the weapon.

I understood what you meant by LE, but didn't realize you were talking about local officers not wanting to participate in a door to door confiscation.....I would imagine they wouldn't want to or be asked to do that. I agree that taking away legally obtained guns is highly unlikely. I could see them controlling access to high capacity ammo feeders.

speedbump
12-27-2012, 04:41 PM
I've wondered and asked several friends (that have them)about why people want assault weapons in the first place. I've never got an answer that made a lick of sense. Nothing but excuses to play Billy bad a--.

rockdale80
12-27-2012, 04:45 PM

What do you mean current administration? I have not seen a proposal, have you? That is pure conjecture.

Regardless, it would have to pass Congress and considering the idiots in the House cant even pass a bill preventing sequestration and tax hikes, i doubt they will be able to leglislate against gun ownership.

Sville
12-27-2012, 05:26 PM
What do you mean current administration? I have not seen a proposal, have you? That is pure conjecture.

Regardless, it would have to pass Congress and considering the idiots in the House cant even pass a bill preventing sequestration and tax hikes, i doubt they will be able to leglislate against gun ownership.

Yes I have, Diane Feinstein is authoring a bill to ban assault weapons and high capacity ammo feeders, and POTUS asked Biden to lead the charge on the same. I said they will try I didn't say they will succeed.

MUSTANG69
12-27-2012, 05:36 PM
My cousin is a deputy sheriff and I asked him what he thought about the smaller clip. He said that in some cases, that break in the action to change clips allows law enforcement to take out a shooter. Also, unless someone is pretty practiced at changing clips, it can take more than a few seconds, especially if they are under a lot of stress.

On the other hand, I don't own an assault rifle, but have been told that the larger clips have a tendency to jam. I think I remember reading that the Aurora, CO shooter had a big clip/drum and it jammed,

Jamming problems are going to depend on the quality of the rifle. Please define what an assualt rifle is. That term is used very loosely.

speedbump
12-27-2012, 05:43 PM
No, he would just buy the guns from outlaws on the black market. The same number of people would have died.

If he wasn't raised by a paranoid gun nut ,he wouldn't have known what an assault rifle was let alone how to use one.

Manso/V8
12-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Jamming problems are going to depend on the quality of the rifle. Please define what an assualt rifle is. That term is used very loosely.

It is hard to define an assault weapon. The last ban listed weapons that they didn't like for one reason or another, probably for the way they looked. That is why I think they will go after high capacity clips.
The rest is fluff.

cougartino
12-27-2012, 05:54 PM
I really don't care what side of the issue you stand. That's your business. But I find it funny the same folks who refuse to have any discussion on gun regulations because they feel it threatens personal freedoms, have no qualms about dictating what a woman can and can not do with her vagina, or who can marry. And by the way, I'm not in favor of abortion on demand or gay marriage. But abortion is the law of the land and if gay marriage follows suit, then so be it. I don't have a hell to put folks in or a heaven to keep them out of. That's between them and God!

By the way, before you decide to throw around labels, I'm one of the most moderate to conservative people you'll ever meet.

Emerson1
12-27-2012, 05:56 PM
I've wondered and asked several friends (that have them)about why people want assault weapons in the first place. I've never got an answer that made a lick of sense. Nothing but excuses to play Billy bad a--.
Same reason you want stuff that you don't really need.

Wait, so are you telling me Obama can't just pound his fist down and make it so that all guns are all of a sudden illegal?

BwdLion73
12-27-2012, 06:04 PM
:tisk: Like minded friends on a 3a football site are about to get upset. :wave:

speedbump
12-27-2012, 06:23 PM
Same reason you want stuff that you don't really need.

I can't think of a thing that I want that's sole purpose is to kill human beings.

By the way, you didn't really answer the question did you? LOL

Emerson1
12-27-2012, 06:43 PM
I can't think of a thing that I want that's sole purpose is to kill human beings.

By the way, you didn't really answer the question did you? LOL

That's the only reason I would want one was because they are badass. I don't even own a BB gun, so I am not part of that crowd yet.

speedbump
12-27-2012, 07:28 PM
That's the only reason I would want one was because they are badass. I don't even own a BB gun, so I am not part of that crowd yet.

I suppose the idiot that killed those kids is your hero. He had a bad ass gun. Guess that makes the guy carrying it a bad ass. LOL

Sville
12-27-2012, 07:36 PM
The reason you should be able to own an assault weapon is because the 2nd amendment says you can. It is there so the citizens can bear arms against an oppressive govt if the need ever arose. I could come up with other reasons to protect yourself and family in the case of natural disasters (ie.. Hurricane Katrina) or riots and so on and so on.

Hendo
12-27-2012, 07:40 PM
I suppose the idiot that killed those kids is your hero. He had a bad ass gun. Guess that makes the guy carrying it a bad ass. LOL
speedbump, I think you are just being chilidish now. I will ask you, what are your hobbies and interest? A gun enthusiast wants the biggest baddest gun, just like a car enthusiast wants the baddest fastest car. It feels good to feel the power in your hands, wheather it be gun or steering wheel. It has nothing to do with the desire to kill people. I like playing softball, so I would like the hottest bat I kind find to help me put one out of the park. Someone with a powerful gun gets the same rush shooting his gun into a target as someone does racing there car or motorcycle 200 mph.

speedbump
12-27-2012, 09:25 PM
The reason you should be able to own an assault weapon is because the 2nd amendment says you can. It is there so the citizens can bear arms against an oppressive govt if the need ever arose. I could come up with other reasons to protect yourself and family in the case of natural disasters (ie.. Hurricane Katrina) or riots and so on and so on.

LOL - News flash !! This aint 1776. What you gonna do,shoot down a drone? You can't protect yourself with a deer rifle,hand gun or shot gun?

speedbump
12-27-2012, 09:36 PM
speedbump, I think you are just being chilidish now. I will ask you, what are your hobbies and interest? A gun enthusiast wants the biggest baddest gun, just like a car enthusiast wants the baddest fastest car. It feels good to feel the power in your hands, wheather it be gun or steering wheel. It has nothing to do with the desire to kill people. I like playing softball, so I would like the hottest bat I kind find to help me put one out of the park. Someone with a powerful gun gets the same rush shooting his gun into a target as someone does racing there car or motorcycle 200 mph.

Yes - because baseball bats,motor cycles and my hobby rods and reels (fishing) are all being used to kill people all over the country just like assault rifles. How stupid of me to think there is a difference.

And please - you may want to check on why assault rifles were developed in the first place. Target shooting? ROTFLMAO

Emerson1
12-27-2012, 09:56 PM

What's with all the dumbass new guys this season?

Old Tiger
12-27-2012, 10:11 PM

BEASTNo they wouldn't....if you are revolting against the US government you would be considered a domestic threat and military people are sworn to protect against threats foreign or domestic.

toddg
12-27-2012, 11:32 PM
i just read where an Ohio man killed his wife with banjos..two of them...i guess he was a banjo enthusiest!!

Emerson1
12-27-2012, 11:40 PM
No they wouldn't....if you are revolting against the US government you would be considered a domestic threat and military people are sworn to protect against threats foreign or domestic.
The administration that ordered it could be considered a domestic threat. Ever seen Eagle Eye?

Sville
12-28-2012, 01:50 PM
LOL - News flash !! This aint 1776. What you gonna do,shoot down a drone? You can't protect yourself with a deer rifle,hand gun or shot gun?

You're right but human nature hasn't changed including those in power. You can protect yourself with the weapons you mentioned but that is not why the 2nd amendment was written.

toddg
12-28-2012, 03:13 PM
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

to repeal the 2nd amendment, would be next to impossible...would have to go thru both houses, the supreme court, and be ratified by all the states!

Hendo
12-28-2012, 05:30 PM
Yes - because baseball bats,motor cycles and my hobby rods and reels (fishing) are all being used to kill people all over the country just like assault rifles. How stupid of me to think there is a difference.

And please - you may want to check on why assault rifles were developed in the first place. Target shooting? ROTFLMAO
The point I'm trying to make here, speedbump, is, you are making it sound like "people who buy assault rifles, only buy them to kill people" you couldn't be further from the truth. It wouldn't bother me to one way or the other if there were some sort of ban on assault rifles. I don't own won, but I have shot a few, and they are a blast. No pun intended.

I was told they will get the bullet before they get the guns by multiple people. In other words if you want them come try and take them and see what happens. I think we need to worry about our economy and forget about the guns. If you think it's bad now wait until people get desperate and crap hits the fan.

Emerson1
12-29-2012, 08:20 PM
Who is "they"?

defense51
12-29-2012, 08:26 PM
Who is "they"?

The man, the establishment, the administration, big brother, politicians, law enforcement, etc... I'm only guessing here.

BwdLion73
12-29-2012, 09:26 PM
Who is "they"?

The Moderators

defense51
12-30-2012, 04:22 AM
The Moderators

:spitlol:

I guess who was ever brave enough to come try and force them to give them up. Like the poster mentioned above could be a number of different groups of people.
I enjoy having AR type guns and will hold on to mine. The only thing I have ever shot with mine is targets. Never taken them hunting or anything like that. I do keep a .45 cal FN Tactical by my bed and a couple AR-15 in my gun safe. Along with a 12 gauge Remington shotgun to name a few. We owe our family and community protection if its ever needed. People break in homes and steal stuff and harm people all the time and we should be able to protect our family and friends.
Make it harder to get guns Is fine by me do more to check out the people buying guns is fine by me. Stop selling guns to people at gun shows who don't deserve them is also fine by me. But leave the guys who do things the way it's supposed to be done and follow the rules alone.
I have a FN five seven that don't mean I want to shoot threw body armor at the police. Or that I'm going to take it to Mexico and sell it to the drug Cartel.

Manso/V8
12-31-2012, 09:00 PM
Here is another.........perhaps hypocritical, perspective on gun control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wWs86inw_Q

toddg
12-31-2012, 09:53 PM
Here is another.........perhaps hypocritical, perspective on gun control.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wWs86inw_Q here's a perspective....

“Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American peoples’ liberty teeth and keystone under independence... From the hour the pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable...The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” --George Washington

Manso/V8
12-31-2012, 11:02 PM
here's a perspective....

“Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American peoples’ liberty teeth and keystone under independence... From the hour the pilgrims landed, to the present day, events, occurrences, and tendencies prove that to ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable...The very atmosphere of firearms everywhere restrains evil interference – they deserve a place of honor with all that is good.” --George Washington

Although I very much agree with the sentiment in the quote, it doesn't really sound like something George Washington would have said. I did a quick search on the ole internet machine and many people think the quote or similar versions are incorrectly attributed to Washington. It seems the same thing goes for some of the quotes often attributed to Jefferson regarding arms.

George did say this in his first state of the union address, "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."

The quote "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." is often attributed to Thomas Jefferson, but there is no record of him saying or writing that and it first showed up in print in 1993 according to the Monticello website.

I also read on the Monticello website that Jefferson had included "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms" in the first draft "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms [within his own lands or tenements]" in his 2nd and 3rd drafts of the Virginia constitution, but the wording did not end up in the final constitution. Nonetheless, it does show what his thoughts were on the matter.

I am not trying to argue, just thought it was interesting.

toddg
12-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Although I very much agree with the sentiment in the quote, it doesn't really sound like something George Washington would have said. I did a quick search on the ole internet machine and many people think the quote or similar versions are incorrectly attributed to Washington. It seems the same thing goes for some of the quotes often attributed to Jefferson regarding arms.

George did say this in his first state of the union address, "A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies."

The quote "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." is often attributed to Thomas Jefferson, but there is no record of him saying or writing that and it first showed up in print in 1993 according to the Monticello website.

I also read on the Monticello website that Jefferson had included "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms" in the first draft "No freeman shall be debarred the use of arms [within his own lands or tenements]" in his 2nd and 3rd drafts of the Virginia constitution, but the wording did not end up in the final constitution. Nonetheless, it does show what his thoughts were on the matter.

I am not trying to argue, just thought it was interesting.

yeah it is interesting...Jefferson was a prolific letter writer, so there are countless quotes derived from those letters, floating around out there...as for the latter Washington quote...i did read that quote for the first time in a book of notable quotes that my grandmother had back in 1976, however i did copy and paste the one above from a website of quotes called brainyquotes attributed to GW and recognized the quote..though the phrasing seemed different..heres a Jefferson original that you should recognize....

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal; that they are endowed by their Creator with inherent and inalienable Rights; that among these, are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness; that to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed; that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

ronwx5x
01-01-2013, 11:56 AM
that whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles, and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness."

Would only work if the "people" were of one mind and united. That doesn't seem to describe our nation today.

crabman
01-01-2013, 12:39 PM
I have held off on getting into this discussion but I do have a few thoughts. First of all the weapons they keep referring to are AR "type" weapons or assault "style" weapons. They are not the real deal. None of them are capable of fully automatic fire. THAT is the real definition of assault weapon. Not a flash suppressor, not a black stock, not a folding stock. Those things being pushed by the anti-gun crowd infuriate the pro-gun crowd because it shows the ignorance of the people trying to govern us. All I really see coming out in the way of legislaton would be a ban on high capacity magazines. The only reason for that is that it is quantifiable. Eveything else can be designed around to skirt the law. You can count bullets. I am opposed to even that. I can live with a three shot limit on my shotgun when hunting migratory waterfowl. That is to give the waterfowl a chance. If I am defending my home or my country I do not want the other guy to have a fair chance. The answer is not in regulation on the weapon itself. The problem is in the idiots who get their hands on them. Remember, people do not need firearms. Remember Timothy McVeigh and Ted Koczynski? McVeigh killed 168 people in Oklahoma City and did it all with fertilizer and diesel. Large number of children killed in the daycare in the federal building there. Problem was not the fertilizer. Problem was one of mental health that I am not sure has a solution. Tough situation. Not sure I want Diane Feinstein telling me what I can and cannot do.

MUSTANG69
01-02-2013, 01:11 PM
I have held off on getting into this discussion but I do have a few thoughts. First of all the weapons they keep referring to are AR "type" weapons or assault "style" weapons. They are not the real deal. None of them are capable of fully automatic fire. THAT is the real definition of assault weapon. Not a flash suppressor, not a black stock, not a folding stock. Those things being pushed by the anti-gun crowd infuriate the pro-gun crowd because it shows the ignorance of the people trying to govern us. All I really see coming out in the way of legislaton would be a ban on high capacity magazines. The only reason for that is that it is quantifiable. Eveything else can be designed around to skirt the law. You can count bullets. I am opposed to even that. I can live with a three shot limit on my shotgun when hunting migratory waterfowl. That is to give the waterfowl a chance. If I am defending my home or my country I do not want the other guy to have a fair chance. The answer is not in regulation on the weapon itself. The problem is in the idiots who get their hands on them. Remember, people do not need firearms. Remember Timothy McVeigh and Ted Koczynski? McVeigh killed 168 people in Oklahoma City and did it all with fertilizer and diesel. Large number of children killed in the daycare in the federal building there. Problem was not the fertilizer. Problem was one of mental health that I am not sure has a solution. Tough situation. Not sure I want Diane Feinstein telling me what I can and cannot do.

Best post yet on this thread.

Old Tiger
01-02-2013, 03:15 PM
Yall should go to Youtube and watch the "right to carry" videos. They are quite comical.

ethsfbnut
01-02-2013, 03:27 PM
Best post yet on this thread.

Amen to that. Could not have been better.

ethsfbnut
01-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Yall should go to Youtube and watch the "right to carry" videos. They are quite comical.

The Chuck Woolery one is pretty damn good.

Eagle 1
01-02-2013, 04:24 PM
In a sense, the government has already put a ban on assault rifles. Go out and try to buy one right now. They are no where to be found. The gun dealers I have talked to said they haven't been able to get one in over two weeks and as of right now they have no ideal if they will ever get another.

toddg
01-02-2013, 05:10 PM
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-902515...

BwdLion73
01-02-2013, 05:37 PM
If you have bought a gun from a legal gun dealer in the last 8 or 10 years they know who you are and what you bought.

ronwx5x
01-02-2013, 05:54 PM
If you have bought a gun from a legal gun dealer in the last 8 or 10 years they know who you are and what you bought.

If you have had your car repaired in the last 8 or 10 years they know who you are and what you bought. Same for your doctor, same for Amazon.com or Woot.com.

BwdLion73
01-02-2013, 06:04 PM
If you have had your car repaired in the last 8 or 10 years they know who you are and what you bought. Same for your doctor, same for Amazon.com or Woot.com.

I agree but there are people who are fighting on here about gun registration and how they will never allow it. I think it is already done and if you ask they will tell you it is not.

Eagle 1
01-02-2013, 07:11 PM
http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-902515...

As a veteran, this is exactly how I feel.

BwdLion73
01-02-2013, 08:11 PM
As a veteran, this is exactly how I feel.

nice artical but the government already knows what you own.

toddg
01-02-2013, 08:26 PM

Not really.. Most of the guns I own, were handed down to me from uncles and grandfathers over the years or , bought from an individual ...they want you to register those too.. I believe that is the guns the letter is alluding to.

Eagle 1
01-02-2013, 10:22 PM

Nope, not true.

BwdLion73
01-03-2013, 10:21 AM
Nope, not true.

I'm sorry but when you go buy a gun that info is going into a data base. I not a big gun activist nor do I have a bunker but I have some personal experience that makes me think different.

BEAST
01-03-2013, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry but when you go buy a gun that info is going into a data base. I not a big gun activist nor do I have a bunker but I have some personal experience that makes me think different.

That is if you buy a gun from a dealer. However, if I buy a gun from an individual, or even trade guns with an individual, it does not go into anything.

BEAST

BwdLion73
01-03-2013, 10:53 AM
That is if you buy a gun from a dealer. However, if I buy a gun from an individual, or even trade guns with an individual, it does not go into anything.

BEAST

Thats true, but where do people think all that info goes when you buy a gun from a dealer? My story is a little different...Several years ago I was nominated and received an award from the State. While in Austin at a conference I was one of six people who were receiving plaques and a gun during the awards ceremony. During a seminar one of the host came and ask me to go with him to a room. In the room were the award winners along with the dealer who provided the guns who was on conference call with someone. The winners ranged from specialized law enforcement officers, trainers, procecutors ect. They needed our names, address, dob, ssn, make and cal. of gun ect. I enquired why to a good friend who is with the BATF who said......its not us....ask the FBI...Were not suppposed to know anything about what they do with it.

Inmateboss
01-03-2013, 11:15 AM

Absolutely, if a person decides to kill any number of people your gonna be hard pressed to stop him!! The manner in which he does his deed will be determined by what is available! How many victims can you get in one act with a gun vs a bomb vs 3 airliners...etc !! I truly don't think they will ever try to take our guns as they are well protected by our constitution, but ammo, gun powder, brass, bullets and reloading equipment are wide open!! That's where they will hit because there is nothing to stop them, nothing!!! Stock up now, it's coming!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

scrub c
01-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Have any of you tried to buy 9mm ammo lately ? I have been looking since Christmas and have not found any target rounds. I was able to find a box (A single box of 20!!!) hollow point 9mm for 25.99! And whats worse... I bought it.
Also, .22 cal we're very limited at our local wallyworld. I saw some shorts and mags but no longs...
Other thing I noticed, shelves were stocked with all other caliber rounds like .38, 380, .40, and 45's.

So what is the big deal with the 9mm? More popular gun among the masses?

MUSTANG69
01-04-2013, 12:46 PM
Have any of you tried to buy 9mm ammo lately ? I have been looking since Christmas and have not found any target rounds. I was able to find a box (A single box of 20!!!) hollow point 9mm for 25.99! And whats worse... I bought it.
Also, .22 cal we're very limited at our local wallyworld. I saw some shorts and mags but no longs...
Other thing I noticed, shelves were stocked with all other caliber rounds like .38, 380, .40, and 45's.

The 9mm may be the most popular round there is at this time. The 380 will be hard to get very soon.

I can get you bulk 250 packs9mm pm me I will hook you up. And 22lr Hp

BwdLion73
01-04-2013, 01:53 PM
I can get you bulk 250 packs9mm pm me I will hook you up. And 22lr Hp

Careful scrub c ...could be a government trap...:thinking::D

Careful scrub c ...could be a government trap...:thinking::D

I found 250 Fiocchi and UMC packs but they were all gone today. I bought 2 of each caliber and today the salesperson said a cop bought the rest.
Found the 20 packs of .223 for $12 bucks bought all they had.
Remington 22 LR HP 525 count $28 bucks. Bought 4 boxes
and 4 of the winchester super X HP 40gr

Cabbalas had the ball 22LR CCI tactical 1200 fps AR-15 ammo for sale in dry box cases online. I bought 5k rounds for plinking came in 3 nice plastic dry storage boxes.

I probably have well over 1k rounds of 556
500 223
750 9mm
500 380
1000 45
500 40
6k 22lr ball
2k .22lr HP
Case of 12g buck shot
Case of 12g bird shot
And 0 Five Seven just a gun

I need to get some big bore stuff next but I don't have any guns bigger than ar-15 223-556
Thinking about a 308 bolt gun for my next one

Getting worse cant even find .22lr had a guy call me from Kansas looking.

slingshot
01-13-2013, 12:21 AM
I went to the Abilene Ciic Center Gun Show today... never seen anything like it. In years past if there was 200 people there it was a crowd--I'd guesstimate there were 500+ in there by 10:30 this AM. Not just shopping but BUYING. Stood next to a guy that counted out $100 bills to pay $850 for a case of 1000 9 mm rounds! I bought all the 'reasonable' priced .380, 9 mm and .223 I could find. Watched a guy pay $3200 cash for a nicely modded Bushmaster AR15 7.62 mm... $3200!!! 6 months ago this would have been a $13-1500 gun--tops. Two older local guys I know that are small time dealers bought 50 R-Guns AR15's in various calibers 3 months ago. They sold the last 2 today. Basic AR's, no scope, no add-ons... had them marked for $1700. Sold them for $1600 each. 6 months ago these would have been $8-900 tops...

Saggy Aggie
01-13-2013, 12:38 AM
This thread reminds me of that show doomsday preppers lol

slingshot
01-13-2013, 10:18 AM
This thread reminds me of that show doomsday preppers lol
Yep... except this episode has a president with gun control on his mind and thinks he has the stroke to pull it off.

Emerson1
01-13-2013, 01:10 PM
Yep... except this episode has a president with gun control on his mind and thinks he has the stroke to pull it off.

Actually this one just involves dumbass rednecks instead of people with legitimate concerns. Most of the scenarios on that show are more likely to happen then Obama sending the army to take your rifle.

defense51
01-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Actually this one just involves dumbass rednecks instead of people with legitimate concerns. Most of the scenarios on that show are more likely to happen then Obama sending the army to take your rifle.

The dumbass rednecks will be the ones you probably turn to when you need help when doomsday rolls around! :hand:

The dumbass rednecks will be the ones you probably turn to when you need help when doomsday rolls around! :hand:

Yeah I agree ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN.

Ville-D
01-13-2013, 01:49 PM
http://www.stevequayle.com/index.php?s=33&d=256

WALMART FORBIDDEN BY CORPORATE TO REORDER AMMO FOR SALE TO PUBLIC- FULL COMMIE TAKEOVER OF U.S. UNDERWAY (http://www.stevequayle.com/index.php?s=33&d=256) Steve,

I've read various postings on message boards claiming local Wal-Mart managers told customers they are no longer permitted to reorder ammo inventory. I can confirm this is true. I went to Wal-Mart today in our town to buy ammo. The case was almost empty. I asked the store manager when new supplies will arrive. He said, "Corporate headquarters notified all local managers that we can not order any more ammo until further notice."

Do Wal-Mart executives know that Piers Morgan doesn't shop at Wal-Mart, but millions of middle class American families are the source of their wealth? What happens to Wal-Mart's earnings if Middle Class America boycotts Wal-Mart for caving in to Obama?

I've always suspected the gun grabbers would cut off ammo supplies first. They're doing it now. Next, they will use strong arm tactics to shut down ammo manufacturers. You'll have a gun, but no bullets to load in it. It's only the beginning of the communist agenda. This plan was prepared a long time ago. The commies are pushing hard and fast. They plan to overrun a confused and bewildered public that can't fathom that a genuine communist takeover is underway.

http://www.stevequayle.com/index.php?s=33&d=256

You cant find .22lr anywhere. The most common bullet and none available. Check online and tell me somethings not going on.

Saggy Aggie
01-13-2013, 04:36 PM
Forgot to mention that's gotta be the dumbest show on television

slingshot
01-13-2013, 04:41 PM
Actually this one just involves dumbass rednecks instead of people with legitimate concerns. Most of the scenarios on that show are more likely to happen then Obama sending the army to take your rifle. Actually I'm not concerned with 'Obama sending the army'... I am concerned with him trampling on the 2nd Amendment by significantly reducing access to guns and more likely ammuntion for law-abiding citizens.

MUSTANG69
01-14-2013, 01:51 PM
Let this dumbass redneck give you some statistics provided by the FBI.

White males 32 years old and younger 4.5 out of 100000 commit murder
Black males 32 years old and younger 8 times the white male rate

Seems the majority of murders are committed in the inner cities.

Mass murders (4 deaths or more) has not had a significant increase or decrease over the past 30 years.

Please tell me where new gun regulations on law abiding gun owners will solve anything.

By the way, I won't refer to you and other people like you as "moronic fools" just because I disagree with you.

Saggy Aggie
01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Let this dumbass redneck give you some statistics provided by the FBI.

White males 32 years old and younger 4.5 out of 100000 commit murder
Black males 32 years old and younger 8 times the white male rate

Seems the majority of murders are committed in the inner cities.

Mass murders (4 deaths or more) has not had a significant increase or decrease over the past 30 years.

Please tell me where new gun regulations on law abiding gun owners will solve anything.

By the way, I won't refer to you and other people like you as "moronic fools" just because I disagree with you.

Lol so what does a guy from Ingleside need a gun for then? You're not in the inner city and y'all don't really have black people?

And since we're playing the race card, why didn't you provide statistics for Mexicans? Living in Ingleside, that's what you oughta be concerned about.

MUSTANG69
01-14-2013, 02:21 PM
Lol so what does a guy from Ingleside need a gun for then? You're not in the inner city and y'all don't really have black people?

And since we're playing the race card, why didn't you provide statistics for Mexicans? Living in Ingleside, that's what you oughta be concerned about.

First I'm not playing the race card. Those are FBI statistics. Also, you are wrong about Ingleside not having blacks. The report I read did not seperate Mexicans as a group. Probably were included in the white category.

A guy from Ingleside has guns for a number of reasons. Hunting, sport shooting, home defense, and self defense are some of the reasons. Any other questions?

speedbump
01-14-2013, 05:15 PM
First I'm not playing the race card. Those are FBI statistics. Also, you are wrong about Ingleside not having blacks. The report I read did not seperate Mexicans as a group. Probably were included in the white category.

A guy from Ingleside has guns for a number of reasons. Hunting, sport shooting, home defense, and self defense are some of the reasons. Any other questions?

Which one of those activities requires an assault weapon????

BEAST
01-14-2013, 05:20 PM

A semi auto rifle can be used for any of the topics that were mention.

BEAST

Cam
01-14-2013, 05:51 PM

:1popcorn: The Mexicans aren't gonna shoot ya!....they prefer stabbings!...Unless of course you're talkin' bout the Mexicans down Mexico way.....they love to target practice on folks!! Specially them Cartel boys........

MUSTANG69
01-14-2013, 05:53 PM

Once again define an assault weapon. Many guns look like a military weapon but they are still semi auto. So what is an assault weapon.

In my mind any weapon-gun, knife, machete, baseball bat etc is an assualt weapon if you assualt somebody with it.

Cam
01-14-2013, 05:57 PM

No doubt!....Specially here in Texas!......Everybody here is pretty much a sniper with all that deer huntin' experience....If we ever get invaded, them invaders are in for a heep of trouble!...
Hell, Greendawg alone will take out bout 150 sons bitches!!!.....

Emerson1
01-14-2013, 07:40 PM

Sport shooting.

speedbump
01-14-2013, 08:57 PM
A semi auto rifle can be used for any of the topics that were mention.
BEAST

So can a Bow and arrow and a Rocket launcher. "Can be used" is not the same as required.

speedbump
01-14-2013, 09:02 PM
No doubt!....Specially here in Texas!......Everybody here is pretty much a sniper with all that deer huntin' experience....If we ever get invaded, them invaders are in for a heep of trouble!...
Hell, Greendawg alone will take out bout 150 sons bitches!!!.....

The invaders are going to go to the cafeteria and wait for a feeder to go off ?

Weebe
01-14-2013, 09:11 PM
While we are outlawing guns, we should also make cocaine and heroin illegal.

And let's also look into making it illegal to enter the country without a passport or visa.

regaleagle
01-15-2013, 05:57 AM
In the last year in Austrailia, crime has increased 5 times since the laws were changed heavily restricting gun ownership. All the Aussies will tell Americans to not allow Obama or anyone else to have our gun laws changed.....and to buy all the ammo we can. Just repeating what I have read. Law enforcement will not be able to protect the normal person from the criminal element that does possess guns. Archery equipment just doesn't work too good for defense, lol. No, actually, it's the criminals KNOWING they have a "defenseless" society to take advantage of that is the main problem, and will always be the problem with restricting gun ownership of any populace....duh.

speedbump
01-15-2013, 07:25 AM
In Australia Semi-Automatic and pump action were banned. And despite the ban, folks can still petition for exemptions. If you look beyond 2 months after the buyback program started in '97, you will see:

Homicides by firearm dropped 59 percent b/w 1995 and 2006, with no corresponding increase in non-firearm-related homicides.
Suicides by gun dropped 65 percent.
Robberies involving a firearm also dropped significantly.
Home invasions did not increase, contrary to fears that firearm ownership is needed to deter such crimes.
In the decade before the Port Arthur massacre, there had been 11 mass shootings in the country. There hasn’t been a single one in Australia since the gun restrictions were passed.

http://jeffsachs.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Australia-Gun-Law-Reforms.pdf

Old Tiger
01-15-2013, 07:32 AM
Gun people are ridiculous.

defense51
01-15-2013, 08:35 AM
Gun people are ridiculous.

The US government is ridiculous! When they start taking away constitutional rights, you better watch out!!! It will not end with just guns Old Tiger.

Saggy Aggie
01-15-2013, 08:40 AM
In Australia Semi-Automatic and pump action were banned. And despite the ban, folks can still petition for exemptions. If you look beyond 2 months after the buyback program started in '97, you will see:

Homicides by firearm dropped 59 percent b/w 1995 and 2006, with no corresponding increase in non-firearm-related homicides.
Home invasions did not increase, contrary to fears that firearm ownership is needed to deter such crimes.
In the decade before the Port Arthur massacre, there had been 11 mass shootings in the country. There hasn’t been a single one in Australia since the gun restrictions were passed.

hmmmm

Cam
01-15-2013, 10:18 AM
The invaders are going to go to the cafeteria and wait for a feeder to go off ?

Well...that's possible...I'm sure most foreign enemies have never been to a Luby's!!.....:taunt:

Manso/V8
01-15-2013, 09:35 PM
Well...that's possible...I'm sure most foreign enemies have never been to a Luby's!!.....:taunt:

If I was an invader I think I would head to Cooper's in Llano.

Manso/V8
01-15-2013, 09:37 PM

Stop muddying up the thread with facts!

I could live without semi-automatic guns, but I would really miss the sound of a pump action shotgun.....though I rarely use one. I do some sporting clays and prefer the over-under style with breakover barrel. Holds two shells and is much safer, and less likely to jam. I have seen semi-automatic and pump shotguns jam at every sporting clays tournament I have competed. I had a Savage semi-automatic shotgun that would go off while loading. It ain't that much fun to take that kind of risk.

Old Tiger
01-15-2013, 09:42 PM
The US government is ridiculous! When they start taking away constitutional rights, you better watch out!!! It will not end with just guns Old Tiger.

Was written in 1791

Types of guns used then

http://www.chrysler.org/files/pages/hh-mmh-musket.jpg
http://www.artic.edu/aic/collections/citi/images/standard/WebLarge/WebImg_000056/152654_1079850.jpg

bobcat1
01-15-2013, 09:57 PM
I wonder if they will outlaw Aluminum Baseball Bats? That's a pretty good home defense weapon. That is if you like to get up close and personal. I guess Knives, bow and arrows, Piano Wire, coat hangers, Closet rods, hammers, axes, chainsaws, and don't forget chains and belts. Slingshots, rocks, ice picks... The list could go on. Coke bottles, gasoline... Never ending. Idiots live and work in Washington DC

Manso/V8
01-15-2013, 10:26 PM
I wonder if they will outlaw Aluminum Baseball Bats? That's a pretty good home defense weapon. That is if you like to get up close and personal. I guess Knives, bow and arrows, Piano Wire, coat hangers, Closet rods, hammers, axes, chainsaws, and don't forget chains and belts. Slingshots, rocks, ice picks... The list could go on. Coke bottles, gasoline... Never ending. Idiots live and work in Washington DC

They did (wasn't it Reagan?) outlaw fully automatic machine gun.
No one seems to be complaining about that.

You got a point though, an aluminum baseball bat is a pretty good home defense weapon, and the cleanup and related aftermath is cleaner and easier.
Plus, you would get the benefit of feeling the bat crush the assailant's ribs, skull, arm, or where ever you decide to land the blow.
Besides, I don't want to actually kill someone for trying to steal my TV, I just want them to regret it immensely.

Now if I ever get old and frail, then I guess I would have to go to a gun, but for now I would prefer the joy of dishing out a good ass whoopin'.

Tejastrue
01-15-2013, 10:28 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4947558368937055&pid=15.1 http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4990091386226260&pid=15.1

At the entrance to my property...

Manso/V8
01-15-2013, 10:31 PM
http://ts4.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4947558368937055&pid=15.1 http://ts1.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4990091386226260&pid=15.1

At the entrance to my property...

Is that mustard gas? It really ticked me off when they banned chemical weapons for home defense, but I got over it.

defense51
01-15-2013, 10:33 PM

At the entrance to my property... oohrah!!!

defense51
01-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Was written in 1791

Types of guns used then

http://www.artic.edu/aic/collections/citi/images/standard/WebLarge/WebImg_000056/152654_1079850.jpg

Your point?

Old Tiger
01-16-2013, 08:32 AM

I found that 400 MCM cable would be a good beating stick.

Farmersfan
01-16-2013, 09:23 AM

You got a point though, an aluminum baseball bat is a pretty good home defense weapon, and the cleanup and related aftermath is cleaner and easier.
Plus, you would get the benefit of feeling the bat crush the assailant's ribs, skull, arm, or where ever you decide to land the blow.
Besides, I don't want to actually kill someone for trying to steal my TV, I just want them to regret it immensely.

Now if I ever get old and frail, then I guess I would have to go to a gun, but for now I would prefer the joy of dishing out a good ass whoopin'.

The irony of this comment is that the "Assailant" referred to will likely have an illegal semi-automatic weapon! Your aluminum bat would be useless! Ever hear the cliche' of "bringing a knife to a gun fight"? Proper home defense requires equal or greater fire power or your defense is piss-poor..................

Manso/V8
01-16-2013, 09:46 AM
The irony of this comment is that the "Assailant" referred to will likely have an illegal semi-automatic weapon! Your aluminum bat would be useless! Ever hear the cliche' of "bringing a knife to a gun fight"? Proper home defense requires equal or greater fire power or your defense is piss-poor..................

Burglaries and home invasions are rare around here and in most cases the bad guys aren't carrying a gun. They try to do their stealing when no one is home.
My personal view is that with a loaded handgun in the house, it more likely that someone, family or friend is accidently shot, than the handgun is used to stop a bad guy. You hear a lot of those accidental shooting stories on the news. I am not afraid of dying, but I wouldn't want to live knowing I accidently shot and killed someone in my family. I'm not against someone having a loaded handgun in their house, it is their right, and I am glad a lot of them do. I am just saying that I personally choose not to keep one loaded and ready. I also would not want my name put in the paper as a person who doesn't keep a loaded gun ready for action in the house. I think the perception that many people do keep a loaded gun in the house here in Texas acts as a deterrent, just one more of the many benefits of living in the greatest state.

I would still enjoy whoopin' a bad guys ass with a baseball bat though.

BEAST
01-16-2013, 10:41 AM
Was written in 1791

Types of guns used then

Thats right. So back then the "military" and the citizens had the same type of weapons. Why is that not ok now? We already dont have fully auto.

BEAST

Farmersfan
01-16-2013, 10:46 AM
Burglaries and home invasions are rare around here and in most cases the bad guys aren't carrying a gun. They try to do their stealing when no one is home.
My personal view is that with a loaded handgun in the house, it more likely that someone, family or friend is accidently shot, than the handgun is used to stop a bad guy. You hear a lot of those accidental shooting stories on the news. I am not afraid of dying, but I wouldn't want to live knowing I accidently shot and killed someone in my family. I'm not against someone having a loaded handgun in their house, it is their right, and I am glad a lot of them do. I am just saying that I personally choose not to keep one loaded and ready. I also would not want my name put in the paper as a person who doesn't keep a loaded gun ready for action in the house. I think the perception that many people do keep a loaded gun in the house here in Texas acts as a deterrent, just one more of the many benefits of living in the greatest state.

I would still enjoy whoopin' a bad guys ass with a baseball bat though.

So how many of those "bad guys" that want to rob you while you aren't home do so because they suspect a loaded weapon in the home and fear retailiation? I know it's a supposition but most logical thinking people will agree that current conditions are the result of, well, current conditions. If you alter the current conditions (like removing the guns) then everything else associated with it will be altered. If the standard home defense now becomes an aluminum bat then the "bad guys" will suddenly become a much, much bolder sort of bad guy. You can't simply say nobody breaks into peoples houses when they are home so we don't need guns. It's like the idiots that claim we don't need our military because nobody is stupid enough to attack us! Well, they aren't stupid enough to attack us with our military might at it's current level but that would change in a hurry once we reduced our ability to defend ourselves. So everybody needs to stop using current conditions as a justification for wanting to make changes. You make a lot of great comments but how would you like to have to explain to your wife and daughters that the harm that befell them was because of a liberal crap agenda based on illogical assumptions? And it only takes ONE home invasion by someone who is armed with a semi-automatic weapon to cancel out a million who are not armed this way! Especially if that ONE TIME happens at your house.
And you mentioned how tough it would be to live your life with the knowledge that you accidentally shot someone in your family. Would it be easier to live with the knowledge that you ran over someone in your driveway with your car? Or if your child fell off your house? Or if someone drowned in your swimming pool? Yet you aren't advocating getting rid of your car, filling in the pool or lowering your roof. It's nonsense to base current beliefs about what COULD happen in the future. Especially if you chose to ignore 1000 other possibles that also could happen in the future.

This was meant as a generality. Not you specifically ..................

Manso/V8
01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
So how many of those "bad guys" that want to rob you while you aren't home do so because they suspect a loaded weapon in the home and fear retailiation? I know it's a supposition but most logical thinking people will agree that current conditions are the result of, well, current conditions. If you alter the current conditions (like removing the guns) then everything else associated with it will be altered. If the standard home defense now becomes an aluminum bat then the "bad guys" will suddenly become a much, much bolder sort of bad guy. You can't simply say nobody breaks into peoples houses when they are home so we don't need guns. It's like the idiots that claim we don't need our military because nobody is stupid enough to attack us! Well, they aren't stupid enough to attack us with our military might at it's current level but that would change in a hurry once we reduced our ability to defend ourselves. So everybody needs to stop using current conditions as a justification for wanting to make changes. You make a lot of great comments but how would you like to have to explain to your wife and daughters that the harm that befell them was because of a liberal crap agenda based on illogical assumptions? And it only takes ONE home invasion by someone who is armed with a semi-automatic weapon to cancel out a million who are not armed this way! Especially if that ONE TIME happens at your house.
And you mentioned how tough it would be to live your life with the knowledge that you accidentally shot someone in your family. Would it be easier to live with the knowledge that you ran over someone in your driveway with your car? Or if your child fell off your house? Or if someone drowned in your swimming pool? Yet you aren't advocating getting rid of your car, filling in the pool or lowering your roof. It's nonsense to base current beliefs about what COULD happen in the future. Especially if you chose to ignore 1000 other possibles that also could happen in the future.

This was meant as a generality. Not you specifically ..................

I am in no way advocating or supporting taking guns away from law-abiding, and stable citizens. For sure, I think the fear that people have guns for protection in their home helps deter crime. I have guns, I just don't keep them loaded and ready at my night stand. That is my personal preference.

You can't live without danger, accidents happen, but you can take steps to reduce dangers and risks. A small child was accidently backed over in a driveway here several years back, that tragedy had a big impact on a lot of people, and I think it has made many or most super careful about double-checking when backing up when kids are around. I passed on waterfront property and a pool when my kids were toddlers. Other people with young kids put up a fence near the water or around the pool, others were not that concerned. It was their choice on how to deal with the potential danger.

For me, not keeping a loaded handgun near me while I am sleeping or even in the house is my way of reducing the risk of an accidental shooting. That's just my preference for my household. It might be different for others and I support their right to handle it however they want...........although in my opinion, some of the people (based on their personality, temperment, and lifestyle) I know that keep a loaded gun handy are probably increasing the chances for an accidental shooting more than they are reducing the risk of harm from a "bad guy", just my opinion, and they have the right to handle like they want.

Cam
01-16-2013, 03:11 PM
Some of the main legislative proposals backed by Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are:
•requiring criminal background checks on all gun sales, including private sales
•banning "military-style" assault weapons
•limiting ammunition magazines to 10 rounds
•strengthening penalties for gun trafficking

I think maybe they should put more focus on helping the mentally ill! Establishing better mental health care centers and educating families on what to look for before it's too late. As has been the case, there is usually something mentally wrong with these shooters. Mental health in this country is being ignored and totally sucks! I am experiencing this myself having a sister who is in the late stages of dementia and only in her 50's. Getting the proper care for her is almost impossible. With her particular illness, she went thru one stage of very aggressive behavior with constant physical and verbal abuse to those around her. She obviously did not know what she was doing. She is now in a passive mode and completely harmless. I've been and seen several rehab and nursing homes for the mentally ill. They are quite disturbing. Alot of young people there. I've had patients threaten me just walking the hallways with my sister. I can almost guarantee you if you put a gun in one of these patients hands, they'd use it! Even my sister's roommate, a lady around 45 years old with an amputated leg, told me to go F*** myself when I said hi to her the last time I was there. The human brain is a very fragile thing. My sister went from being a top executive of a large company to where she is now in only a few short years. This disease will eventually kill her and probably very soon. Our government / country needs to put more emphasis in helping these people. More money for research is needed. Better care centers are needed. Most centers my family and I have visited for my sister have been horrible and not fit for an animal. I just heard on the news how Austin is full of mentally ill homeless people mixing in with the regular homeless. It's a shame nobody wants to accept the fact these people exist. I am saddened.

BEAST
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
Some of the main legislative proposals backed by Obama and Vice President Joe Biden are:

I think maybe they should put more focus on helping the mentally ill! Establishing better mental health care centers and educating families on what to look for before it's too late. As has been the case, there is usually something mentally wrong with these shooters. Mental health in this country is being ignored and totally sucks! I am experiencing this myself having a sister who is in the late stages of dementia and only in her 50's. Getting the proper care for her is almost impossible. With her particular illness, she went thru one stage of very aggressive behavior with constant physical and verbal abuse to those around her. She obviously did not know what she was doing. She is now in a passive mode and completely harmless. I've been and seen several rehab and nursing homes for the mentally ill. They are quite disturbing. Alot of young people there. I've had patients threaten me just walking the hallways with my sister. I can almost guarantee you if you put a gun in one of these patients hands, they'd use it! Even my sister's roommate, a lady around 45 years old with an amputated leg, told me to go F*** myself when I said hi to her the last time I was there. The human brain is a very fragile thing. My sister went from being a top executive of a large company to where she is now in only a few short years. This disease will eventually kill her and probably very soon. Our government / country needs to put more emphasis in helping these people. More money for research is needed. Better care centers are needed. Most centers my family and I have visited for my sister have been horrible and not fit for an animal. I just heard on the news how Austin is full of mentally ill homeless people mixing in with the regular homeless. It's a shame nobody wants to accept the fact these people exist. I am saddened.

Excellent post. Very sorry about your sister. I agree 100% with what you said.

BEAST

ronwx5x
01-16-2013, 04:32 PM
I see nothing in the new proposals that would, in my opinion, cure any problems with mass killings. When assault weapons were banned before, was there any decrease in gun-related crime? These proposals look like pure eye-wash and dance around any problem resolution. What am I missing?

bobcat1
01-16-2013, 04:51 PM

Now if I ever get old and frail, then I guess I would have to go to a gun, but for now I would prefer the joy of dishing out a good ass whoopin'.:2thumbsup

MUSTANG69
01-16-2013, 05:38 PM
I see nothing in the new proposals that would, in my opinion, cure any problems with mass killings. When assault weapons were banned before, was there any decrease in gun-related crime? These proposals look like pure eye-wash and dance around any problem resolution. What am I missing?

You didn't miss a thing. I see it the same way you do.

Tejastrue
01-16-2013, 09:15 PM
Is that mustard gas? It really ticked me off when they banned chemical weapons for home defense, but I got over it.

Lol on the mustard gas. Not my first choice however for a WOMD. When I'm not defending my property against the government I use the cannon to spray for mosquito larvae and other annoying critters as was the case in this photo. :evillol:

ogg
01-16-2013, 09:20 PM

For the first time ever, I now hate Obama.

Farmersfan
01-17-2013, 11:20 AM
I am in no way advocating or supporting taking guns away from law-abiding, and stable citizens. For sure, I think the fear that people have guns for protection in their home helps deter crime. I have guns, I just don't keep them loaded and ready at my night stand. That is my personal preference.

You can't live without danger, accidents happen, but you can take steps to reduce dangers and risks. A small child was accidently backed over in a driveway here several years back, that tragedy had a big impact on a lot of people, and I think it has made many or most super careful about double-checking when backing up when kids are around. I passed on waterfront property and a pool when my kids were toddlers. Other people with young kids put up a fence near the water or around the pool, others were not that concerned. It was their choice on how to deal with the potential danger.

For me, not keeping a loaded handgun near me while I am sleeping or even in the house is my way of reducing the risk of an accidental shooting. That's just my preference for my household. It might be different for others and I support their right to handle it however they want...........although in my opinion, some of the people (based on their personality, temperment, and lifestyle) I know that keep a loaded gun handy are probably increasing the chances for an accidental shooting more than they are reducing the risk of harm from a "bad guy", just my opinion, and they have the right to handle like they want.

That's a good response and I agree with pretty much all of it. But any mandate passed by our Government effects everybody in every city and not just you and those few that live in your neck of the woods. I don't really see much of a need in my home to have a loaded weapon either. But that doesn't mean nobody has this need or wants it? My point was that just because I feel safe in Farmersville doesn't mean I agree with policies that prevent others in other areas from feeling safe also. If it takes a loaded bazooka to achieve this then who the hell are you and I to tell them they can't have one? The logic that a loaded bazooka could go off at anytime and kill innocent people is a flawed argument because, as I mentioned, there are 1000 other things that could cause other people harm that we chose to NOT regulate. Personal preferencs are fine and certainly a person's right but when personal preferences are written into law they become a problem in my opinion. A weapon of any kind is not a problem until a person makes it a problem. But this also applies to a automobile or a lawn mower. Should we pass laws that prevent vehicles from traveling more than 60 MPH because a lot of people die on our highways due to speeding and loss of control? Isn't this what is being done by legislating how many bullets a clip can hold? Just my opinion though. Have a nice day.

panfan
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
You didn't miss a thing. I see it the same way you do.

I read the so called "presidents plan" yesterday which I assume outlines the 23 executive orders. They all seemed farily benign. Folks will be upset about the assualt gun ban and high capacity clips, but so be it. I own probably an above average number of rifles, shotguns, etc. all of which I know I can do significant damage to a body if it so chooses to enter my house. Course me and the gun will scare 'bout anybody (i'm a surly lookin' fella), but my wife coming at them with the avacado face cream and rolling pin will scare the crap out of anybody. We don't need a 30 round mag to do it!!! :2thumbsup

AP Panther Fan
01-17-2013, 12:30 PM

I completely agree with your assessment. I also believe the focus should be shifted to detecting (awareness) and treating mental illness. Just thinking of the limited number of folks I encounter on a regular basis, if there was a 1-800-PLEASE check this guy out.....there would be a couple phone calls I would make in order to feel safer.

ronwx5x
01-17-2013, 02:05 PM
I completely agree with your assessment. I also believe the focus should be shifted to detecting (awareness) and treating mental illness. Just thinking of the limited number of folks I encounter on a regular basis, if there was a 1-800-PLEASE check this guy out.....there would be a couple phone calls I would make in order to feel safer.

The problem I see with that is we already don't allow people with known mental problems to purchase guns. The shooter at the elementary did not use guns he had purchased, he used weapons someone else purchased.

AP Panther Fan
01-17-2013, 02:46 PM
The problem I see with that is we already don't allow people with known mental problems to purchase guns. The shooter at the elementary did not use guns he had purchased, he used weapons someone else purchased.

I was more referring to the fact of getting that person evaluated and hopefully treatment, before he (or she) takes Mom's gun and/or anyone elses....

GrTigers6
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM
I am all for gun control as long as it doesnt take away any of my rights to own or purchase one or many. There should not be a limit on which guns and how much ammo if you are legaly able to buy them. Background checks, are a good idea but it still wont fix the guns sold by neighbors or kin. I dont believe they should put a ban on assault weapons or magiazine sizes either. I have no use for one at the moment but who is to say that some country wont try to invade us and if that was to happen I would and have the right to have all the fire power i can own. Anyone ever see "Red Dawn"? It could happen, but also think about some gang initiation where a bunch of thugs invade your home for nothing more than to be in a gang. If these people dont feel threatened they will invade. But if they think, you know what he may have an assault rifle in there, they seem to hesitate a little. Now what are the chance this will happen? I dont know, maybe about as possible as some hijacking an airplane and flying it into a building or two, or three!:thinking:

speedbump
01-17-2013, 04:57 PM
I am all for gun control as long as it doesnt take away any of my rights to own or purchase one or many. There should not be a limit on which guns and how much ammo if you are legaly able to buy them. Background checks, are a good idea but it still wont fix the guns sold by neighbors or kin. I dont believe they should put a ban on assault weapons or magiazine sizes either. I have no use for one at the moment but who is to say that some country wont try to invade us and if that was to happen I would and have the right to have all the fire power i can own. Anyone ever see "Red Dawn"? It could happen, but also think about some gang initiation where a bunch of thugs invade your home for nothing more than to be in a gang. If these people dont feel threatened they will invade. But if they think, you know what he may have an assault rifle in there, they seem to hesitate a little. Now what are the chance this will happen? I dont know, maybe about as possible as some hijacking an airplane and flying it into a building or two, or three!:thinking:

I can see it now. A group of scum bags are about to invade a home and one says " bu..bu.. but what if he's got an assault rifle? " Another guy says "Naw... I heard him talking to a guy at the DQ the other day. All he has is a shot gun and deer rifle." Then they argue for for a while because now they all want to go in first. LOL

GrTigers6
01-17-2013, 05:19 PM
I can see it now. A group of scum bags are about to invade a home and one says " bu..bu.. but what if he's got an assault rifle? " Another guy says "Naw... I heard him talking to a guy at the DQ the other day. All he has is a shot gun and deer rifle." Then they argue for for a while because now they all want to go in first. LOL

That's ok I will pick them off one at a time LOL

bobcat1
01-17-2013, 06:43 PM
I have a steady hand and that is all the gun control I need.

I have a steady hand and that is all the gun control I need.

Good luck getting to my family. My primary bedside gun is a FNH .45 Cal Tactical with a 15 round clip. It has a Streamlight SLR-2 Laser light combo to help see at night. Loaded with Hornady HP XTP.
The AR-15 is Rock River Arms equipped with EOtech XPS3 holographic sight and Crimson Trace Vertical green laser/light foregrip.
Both weapons are strictly for protection and I feel more than confident they would stop just about anything.
If all else fails the trusty Remington 870 12 ga pump always works.

Be safe with your guns. Keep them put away when you are not there to make sure nothing happens on accident and protect your family if needed is how I see it.

bobcat1
01-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Sound advice Ville!:2thumbsup

Cam
01-18-2013, 01:09 PM
Shakey Davey's got a twelve guage in his hand
It's sawed off to the limit, he's got a vague plan
There's this liquor store on Madison
There's another one down on Washington Square
He's pretty sure no one's ever seen him down around there
The first one's bird shot, the next four are double aught buck
The last one's a slug just for good luck
He's got his works in his pocket
He wants to score as soon as he's done
He can't wait to get straight to get long gone
He puts on his long coat scribbles off a short note
Sits himself down and waits for the sun to go down ---------------- Bob Seger & The Silver Bullet Band