PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville winning the D2 AAA Championship

bird_fan
12-22-2012, 01:32 PM
After warching the AAAA D2 championship game im convinced Stephenville could have won it in AAAA also That was one of the best spread teams ive ever seen what are yor thoughts

Weebe
12-22-2012, 01:48 PM
4A is diluted. A lot of the strong teams have moved to either 5a or 3a.

pirate4state
12-22-2012, 02:40 PM
I was thinking the same thing about Navasota.

ccmom
12-22-2012, 02:47 PM
I was thinking the same thing about Navasota.

Good point. IMO Navasota > Stephenville based on what I saw. We will never know for sure, though.

Sville
12-22-2012, 02:49 PM
I think both 3A state champs were better then both 4A D2 finalist. I also think Navasota deserves to be ranked #1 by any season ending polls. They went undefeated and dominated in nearly every game. I think Sville had the best offense in 3A but Navasota had the best team. That Rattler defense was plain nasty.

toddg
12-22-2012, 02:51 PM
a lot of folks thought that Lake Travis was going to march through the 5a playoffs this year...BOOM! 1st round loss to pflugerville.

Sville
12-22-2012, 02:57 PM
a lot of folks thought that Lake Travis was going to march through the 5a playoffs this year...BOOM! 1st round loss to pflugerville.

They were 6 inches from winning that first round game too. The LT receiver had literally half of his foot out of bounds on a would be TD as time expired to win. This wonderful game is truly a game of inches

hollywood
12-22-2012, 03:03 PM
Good point. IMO Navasota > Stephenville based on what I saw. We will never know for sure, though.

Have you had your eyes checked lately?

;)

vtskneb
12-22-2012, 03:03 PM
His heel touched down first and should have been a touchdown. There was a special on lake Travis run over the last 6 years and they showed the play. It would be a pick'em game in my mind regarding the Ville/navasota. Both are great teams and champions.

toddg
12-22-2012, 03:08 PM
They were 6 inches from winning that first round game too. The LT receiver had literally half of his foot out of bounds on a would be TD as time expired to win. This wonderful game is truly a game of inches

the Elf on the shelf agrees!!

defense51
12-22-2012, 06:05 PM
I think both 3A state champs were better then both 4A D2 finalist. I also think Navasota deserves to be ranked #1 by any season ending polls. They went undefeated and dominated in nearly every game. I think Sville had the best offense in 3A but Navasota had the best team. That Rattler defense was plain nasty.

I was impressed with the size of the Cedar Park O-line, I think any defense would have trouble against them. I might even be able to gain a few yards rushing behind them... I do agree that the Jackets and Rattlers would have competed very well in AAAA.