PDA

View Full Version : Burnet 19-Sinton 7 final

Chris Hart
11-30-2002, 06:38 PM
nm

BurnetBulldog
11-30-2002, 06:49 PM
Anyone have a recap of the game? How did Burnet look on offense/defense?

Chris Hart
11-30-2002, 07:00 PM
What a ATMOSPHERE this game had. Sinton won the coin toss to open the game, and deferred. Burnet took over at their own 16 yd. line after the opening kickoff, faced with a 4th and 1 from their own 25, Burnet gambled and went for it less than 2:00 into the game. They were denied, but this let Sinton know, that the DAWGS were not intimidated in any way. Burnet's defense stepped up and turned back Sinton's great field position. Burnet then scored 2 TDs before the half, while in the meantime the Burnet defense was frustrating the Sinton offense. 13-0 at the half. Sinton took posession first in the 2nd half and were stopped again by the Burnet D. Both teams turned over the football a few times, before Sinton managed to get on the scoreboard early in the 4th. Sinton gained the momentum through most of the 4th quarter, but the Burnet defense came up HUGE, in stopping two 4th and inches plays deep in Burnet territory, midway through the 4th. After the second big stop, Burnet took over inside their own 30, needing to put together some type of a drive and work the clock. They tookover with about 4-5 min. remaining, and just methodically worked down the field in workmanship fashion and put up the final TD with less than 1:00 remaining. They missed the try for 2 points, which left the score at 19-7. Sinton tookover with 41 sec. and no timeouts remaining, and were sacked on the first play, which ran off almost all of the clock before the Pirates could run another play. The final desperation pass, ended in an interception by the Bulldogs to seal the victory. It was a satisfying win, but BOTH offenses looked out of sync all day, which left the game up to the defenses. Burnet's defense made the big plays when they needed to, and Sinton's did not. All in all, it was an ugly game by the offenses, but good games, by 2 great defenses. The Sinton team never gave up, and showed GREAT sportsmanship throughout. This was a hard fought war for the Region 4 championship. My hat goes off to both teams, and congrats to both on fine seasons.

On another note, Way to go Bulldogs! You guys are 1 step away from the TITLE game, and the community is behind yall all the way. Lets show Jasper what Region 4 football is about. It will no doubt be another war, between 2 GREAT teams. Go Get Em Burnet Bulldogs!!!

Tiny
11-30-2002, 07:15 PM
I was at the game and was not impressed with Sinton. Burnets season will end next week, Sinton couldnt stay on the field with Jasper or Everman. I dont know how Sinton was ranked #1, A pretty good team but #1 come on. Burnet was by far the best coached team, Good luck next week.
I bet it is going to be good

HotDawg89
11-30-2002, 07:40 PM
Tiny- you've got too much nerve for me! Burnet's season will end next week? Talk about big ones. Are you from Jasper or what? They may be good, and no one said it would be or will be easy- but don't count Burnet out. Sinton was favored heavily on this board...and we beat them. Don't underestimate us, and we won't overestimate ourselves.

The DEFENSE made the game what it was! Way to go Burnet- you guys played an outstanding game. Sinton was by far the BEST team we have played this year- next to Marlin- good luck to the Bulldogs next week!

SintonFan_inAustin
11-30-2002, 07:51 PM
Good Luck next week burnet. Ya'll defense played at a higher level every time sinton was on a verge of scoring. Unless Jasper is better than everman, burnet will play in the state championship.

espn1
11-30-2002, 07:55 PM
Don't expect Burnet's offense to be this sluggish next week and the Defense will continue to roll.

purple thunder # 1 fan
11-30-2002, 08:11 PM
IF YOU THINK SINTON IS IN THE SAME LEAGUE AS JASPER OR EVERMAN WAKE UP.BURNET PPLAYED GOOD BUT I DO NOT THINK THEY WILL MAKE IT PASSED JASPER.

ap_panther_84
11-30-2002, 08:21 PM
all i have to say tinie is that untill you play against sinton dont talk about them. Sinton played a hell of a game and could stand on the field with every team in state. I want to say good job to sinton and better luck next year.

espn1
11-30-2002, 08:22 PM
Jasper and Everman have both been beaten. So you wakeup! There's no one out there that's played a tougher schedule than Burnet!

surfspike
11-30-2002, 08:28 PM
espn1:
Jasper and Everman have both been beaten. So you wakeup! There's no one out there that's played a tougher schedule than Burnet!thats a big statement. i hope that you can back it up. otherwise the other clowns on here will be flaming away....

good job burnet, sinton always has a good team. i guess we all have our days. too bad sinton's had to fall on this one. good luck to both teams.

2KDawg
11-30-2002, 08:56 PM
First of all great game Burnet!! Our D showed up to play and came thru, although our offense did get 19 on the board we could of scored atleast 35. And second of all Tiny your a freakin IDIOT! Youve been on Burnets case all year and you still continue to talk crap. Please GET A LIFE and and get over the fact that your an IDIOT and that Burnet is FOR REAL!!! Anyways enough wasting time on losers..... I think Sinton overall has a great program but after the first big stop our D came up with, they seemed to have lost alot of their momentum that they started with. Great job Burnet and lets keep rolling!!!

sinton66
11-30-2002, 09:16 PM
Congratulations to Chris Hart and the Burnet Bulldogs on a great game. Best of luck to yall the rest of the way.

Chris Hart
11-30-2002, 09:24 PM
Thanks 66, I am sending you a PM, so please allow me a minute. :)

terrible-T
11-30-2002, 09:38 PM
Ok purple thunder
first of all you say Jasper and Everman are in a differant league ...... well how can you say that? Have you seen them play, I now for a fact that you were at all the LH games, and during LH's only off week you went to the Burnet/Marlin game. So do their coaches send you game film or what? HOW DO YOU KNOW? Or are you just going off news paper clipping or what their fans post on the internet. Gees don't hate, appriciate.

oh and how is basketball going!!!!!!!!!
T

sntnpirate1316
11-30-2002, 10:45 PM
good job sinton
it came down to forth and inches on 2 plays and one time the ball was fumbled and the other time julian got tripped up on the leading back(well if you call 260lbs of DE a lead back)
both teams played a hell of a game and if anyone on this website thinks sinton shouldnt be ranked with the rest of these guys think again
cuz burnet is going to blow by jasper and everman
its to bad the two best teams(not by polls--by truth) in the state had to play in the 3rd round
good luck and kick butt burnet!

dawgdad
12-01-2002, 12:10 AM
Burnet and Sinton are two quality teams, this game was as good and better than some college games I have seen. Bulldog offense was sluggish and not as potent as usual,but as usual with this team the other half (the defense)stepped up and won this game. Many thanks to the classy Sinton fans who wished the Bulldogs well after the game. The players on the Burnet side also said that the Sinton players were very good athletes and did not play "dirty" as some of the other teams they had played. Congratulations to Sinton on a great year!! But gotta say !!!! GO BULLDOGS!!!!,too

BVarsity03
12-01-2002, 02:12 AM
I just want to say that Sinton had a hell of a season this year. They played a very good game against Burnet. Congrats on a great season Sinton!!!!

GOFOR2
12-01-2002, 10:01 AM
Will you guys quit talking about how Burnet was sluggish. Don't you think that had something to do with Sinton's ballclub? You talk about turnovers and Burnet not scoring as much "as they could have", same goes for Sinton.
Just leave it with the fact that it was one hell of a game to watch between the two best teams in the state. And on the road to the state championship you have to have a few breaks go your way as Burnet received.
When you win a few state championships you come to know this sort of thing.
It was one heck of a game and the best of luck to Burnet against Jaspunk.

jason
12-01-2002, 10:06 AM
Scuse me...You all say Sinton couldnt stay on the field with Jasper or Everman, that they would get beat by Jasper or Everman....Nobody is even thinking about Forney....they are clicking on ALL cylinders, somebody said Burnetts offense struggled, that would be the difference in the game...I'll say no more, and let the team talk for me.

GO FORNEY !!!

sinton66
12-01-2002, 10:29 AM
Not to worry, Jason. We haven't ALL forgotten about you. I'm sure Everman isn't even thinking about Jasper at the moment. I actually like Forney in this one. For the Jackassper fans, you will NOT score 28 on Burnet, and I think they will beat you. And for those of you that say Sinton didn't belong, this is for you: Just be thankful Burnet was able to stop our run. But, you better respect the people that put us out!

greendog fan
12-01-2002, 11:55 AM
sinton66:
Not to worry, Jason. We haven't ALL forgotten about you. I'm sure Everman isn't even thinking about Jasper at the moment. I actually like Forney in this one. For the Jackassper fans, you will NOT score 28 on Burnet, and I think they will beat you. And for those of you that say Sinton didn't belong, this is for you: Just be thankful Burnet was able to stop our run. But, you better respect the people that put us out!Good post 66. I agree the jack---es from Jasper better not take Burnet lightly. A lot of people said our O looked sluggish, I think Sintons D made us look that way. You guys deserved to be ranked #1. Now i think we deserve that ranking and i hope we can prouve it next week at Kyle Field against the Jasper bullpups.

greendog fan
12-01-2002, 11:56 AM
sinton66:
Not to worry, Jason. We haven't ALL forgotten about you. I'm sure Everman isn't even thinking about Jasper at the moment. I actually like Forney in this one. For the Jackassper fans, you will NOT score 28 on Burnet, and I think they will beat you. And for those of you that say Sinton didn't belong, this is for you: Just be thankful Burnet was able to stop our run. But, you better respect the people that put us out!Good post 66. I agree the jack---es from Jasper better not take Burnet lightly. A lot of people said our O looked sluggish, I think Sintons D made us look that way. You guys deserved to be ranked #1. Now i think we deserve that ranking and i hope we can prouve it next week at Kyle Field against the Jasper bullpups.

purple thunder # 1 fan
12-01-2002, 12:46 PM
terrible t, the time has come to put our $$$$$ were our mouth is. see you at the office monday. have the budlight on ice!

<small>[ December 01, 2002, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: purple thunder # 1 fan ]</small>

sntnpirate1316
12-01-2002, 06:21 PM
i agree with go for 2 and sinton 66
go for 2--thanks for giving our defense some credit
sinton 66--damn right everyone else is lucky burnet stopped us :)
i sincerely think that these two teams are the best in the state after seeing forney and everman play on film that they were the best 2 teams in the state
good luck to all teams involved and go burnet--get state!!

terrible-T
12-01-2002, 10:08 PM
purple thunder-

can't wait to see you, and I will have my $$$$$$ ready to go! you do the same. differance between you and me, my replies and $$$$$$$ follow my team, not on another team. I thought you were better than that, you sound like an aggie fan "sure ya'll can whip our a$$, but can ya'll beat somebody else"

T
------------------------------

p.s. losers bring the beer!

p.s.s. and you know this, MAN!!!!!!!!