PDA

View Full Version : RattlerNation

RattlerNation60
12-21-2012, 08:07 PM
Stand up guys! Good Game Gilmer, heck of a season for the Buckeyes! But How bout them Rattlers?!

OldBison75
12-21-2012, 08:12 PM
All I can say is that this is a great team and great fans. We were in this together all year and as a fan, I am one proud man.

Bosqueville
12-21-2012, 08:44 PM
Congrats Snakes!!

lbjacj
12-21-2012, 09:06 PM
All I can say is that this is a great team and great fans. We were in this together all year and as a fan, I am one proud man.

Nothing like the first championship for the fans, team and community!!! Congrats to the town of Navasota!!

Tejastrue
12-21-2012, 10:33 PM

As well you should be OB75...Indeed a great team. Take it all in and enjoy it to the fullest extent. Congrats to you and the Navasota Nation!!

Hell ya took in to the East Texas boys. All I heard was East Texas this And East Texas that. Guess what there a new sheriff in Town and its a snake and a Yellow jacket!!!

oldtownag
12-21-2012, 11:11 PM
Uh, Navasota is East Texas too. ;<)

OldBison75
12-21-2012, 11:17 PM
I guess it is all a matter of where you break off the areas. Last year when we played Chapel Hill everybody called us central Texas because we are west of I45. All I know is Navasota is in Region 3 and brought home the State Championship. Wherever you want to put us works for me. For all you West Texas folks, does being west of I45 make us from West Texas?

BEAST
12-21-2012, 11:19 PM
Uh, Navasota is East Texas too. ;<)

No, Nav is not East Texas. Very much Central. East Texas got shut out.

BEAST

Aesculus gilmus
12-21-2012, 11:27 PM
Congratulations to the Rattlers. Total domination. What we see, though, in this effort to break Texas down into smaller regions is classic "tribalism" in action and, in fact, is one of the major flaws in human nature.

Why can't we celebrate a superior football team from planet Earth whose members just exhibited their awesome talent at this sport and not be thinking about how to divide into smaller and smaller clans?

78 yards I think that qualifies as the most embarrassing performance of all time

toddg
12-21-2012, 11:34 PM
http://www.smileyvault.com/albums/userpics/13991/TexasRegions.jpg (http://www.smileyvault.com/)...in the end though...we are all TEXANS!!!

bobcat1
12-21-2012, 11:35 PM
78 yards I think that qualifies as the most embarrassing performance of all time

Come on now.

ccmom
12-21-2012, 11:41 PM

Not nearly as embarrassing as that statement. :rolleyes:

Those Gilmer players earned their spot in that game, played hard but just got beat by a better team. I fail to see why they should be embarrassed.

Congrats Navasota! You proved that your number one ranking was well deserved!!

OldBison75
12-21-2012, 11:58 PM
That Gilmer team has no reason to hang their heads at all. They played their way to tonight's game and earned the spot in the game, it damned sure was given to them on a platter. Tonight they faced a team that was focused and athletic and they found out what others are just now discovering--Navasota not only can score, they have a top defense. Plus, they have classy fans.

Gilmer is a very young team and will be a factor again next year. Don't talk too much smack this year, they might make you eat crow next year.

oldtownag
12-22-2012, 12:03 AM
I guess it is all a matter of where you break off the areas. Last year when we played Chapel Hill everybody called us central Texas because we are west of I45. All I know is Navasota is in Region 3 and brought home the State Championship. Wherever you want to put us works for me. For all you West Texas folks, does being west of I45 make us from West Texas?

Nobody on here understands humor! I even put a ;>) (winky face).

oldtownag
12-22-2012, 12:05 AM
P.S. Region 3 rules.

ccmom
12-22-2012, 12:06 AM

I knew what you meant, but try this one next time...;)

OldBison75
12-22-2012, 12:11 AM

I was not calling you out buddy. I just want everyone to know that Navasota has been called east, central, and south Texas depending on who we play. I just consider us Region 3 since that is where we always get slotted in. I guess the best way I can put it is we don't worry about what part of the state we come from, we just want to win.

Manso/V8
12-22-2012, 12:50 AM

You stay classy Stephenville.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGCIZi1UjY

WOS87
12-22-2012, 03:33 AM
Gratz Navasota!!! You just dominated this season

Long time coming and well-deserved... made our 7-38 loss to you look ok today lol

Next season will be a different story...

navscanmaster
12-22-2012, 03:56 AM
What an awesome experience! Proud of our boys and amazed there were so many Navasota fans there. We completely filled up the first two levels from end zone to end zone. Hopefully we can return next year!

Those Gilmer players earned their spot in that game, played hard but just got beat by a better team. I fail to see why they should be embarrassed.

You guys are to serious. They got blown away and couldn't move the ball. I don't know what qualifies for the worst performance if that wasent it. Don't get mad or say that classless just accept it and move on. I knew in the first few minutes from looking at the players they were not going to hang. You gotta hit the weights or you will get blown out and that showed last night.
Obviously they had a great season or they wouldn't have been there just makes me wonder what's up.
Stephenville Navasota would have been a slugfest. I don't know if we could score every time we had the ball on that team. By far the best 2 teams I've seen and Congrats for a well earned win. You did it on the field and dominated them like Nobody expected.

gameface
12-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Congrat's to the snake pit from the jungle! Watched every play-very impressive team package-esp. #2! Gig'em!

Hendo
12-22-2012, 08:16 AM
You stay classy VILLE.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgGCIZi1UjY

Dont include the entire community with one numbskulls comment. Thanks.

Congrats Navasota!! I would have loved to see a Stephenville vs. Navasota match up. That would be one exciting game. IMO. Good job on making it to the big show Gilmer.

cowboyandchrist
12-22-2012, 09:30 AM
Congrats to the Rattler team, fans, and coaches, It was the first time I got to see you play this year, Man oh Man what a team. Now everybody knows why you were ranked so high the whole season. You had the total package, great offense, defense, and special teams. I hate an East Texas team could not bring home another championship, we kind of got use to it, but the two best teams in 3A Texas showed up in Jerry's House that is for sure. It don't matter who thinks which of the two are better or who would win between the two, we will never know. I will say this, it would be one of the best games anybody could ever hope to see. Now to Gilmer, you guys did more than anybody in East Texas could of hoped for or expected. You were so very young, but still made it to the State Championship Game. I have no doubt you will be back next year only bigger, stronger, and faster. Man you gotta love Texas High School football, every year the best teams show up in the end. I can't wait for next year to get here so we can do this again. Note: If I said anything other than smack talk to anyone on 3A downlow please forgive this old cowboy from East Texas, I just love high school football, would rather watch it than college or pro. Ville, it was fun going back and forth with your fans. You were the best D1 in the state and you proved it. Rattler nation, you are the best in 3A DII and you proved it .
I hope you all have a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. Note: The Rattler tailback is in my prayers. To all Please remember God Loves us all and all you have to do is open your heart, let Jesus in, he will teach you how to love. I love you people and thank you for putting up with me this year. OH and by the way my Carthage Dawgs will be in the hunt next year, so get ready we are coming.

1st and goal
12-22-2012, 09:38 AM
Super Congrats to the Rattler nation. Your team played as 1, keeping "Zay" in their minds. Austin Collins gets my gameball. He said he had the flu, didn't eat anything all day and told Coach, "I'm Playing!" What a player and he so gave it up for God and Zay in his post game interview. Great coaching, classy play and a state championship for their hard work and determination.

I'm so glad it finally happened for your town. Enjoy!

1st and goal
12-22-2012, 09:53 AM
Oh and just to stir the pot, I think (a healthy) Rattler team would beat Stephenville. Y'all can come play D1 vs D2 championship on my hayfield to prove it (if you all sign waivers). :)

BwdLion73
12-22-2012, 09:54 AM

Winning the State Championship makes you east texas. ;) I listened to the Gilmer side of the broadcast last night. They did a good job on the game and were just as impressed as everyone else.

Rabid Cougar
12-22-2012, 10:00 AM
Gratz Navasota!!! You just dominated this season

Long time coming and well-deserved... made our 7-38 loss to you look ok today lol

At least China Spring scored 16 points. Cameron and Navasota, now that is always a game. Congratulations to both teams.

I would like to know of a game that was worse than that? For a team that actually thouht they could have a chance to win.

TigerForever
12-22-2012, 12:32 PM
Congratulations to Navasota on your first. Too bad you did not get a chance to knock Sealy out this year . We just couldn’t get it together.

Now you have to work on getting FIVE.

Hendo
12-22-2012, 12:42 PM
I would like to know of a game that was worse than that? For a team that actually thouht they could have a chance to win.
I would have to say our game against Aledo last year in the playoffs was pretty ugly.

i would have to say our game against aledo last year in the playoffs was pretty ugly.

good point

Sville
12-22-2012, 02:09 PM
Come on Ville some of your comments are pretty bush league. You are better than that brotha

Come on Ville some of your comments are pretty bush league. You are better than that brotha

Its all in fun. I mean who takes this serious?

Inmateboss
12-22-2012, 02:39 PM

The masses have their doubts!!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

The masses have their doubts!!!!

Expect to win, Play to win!!! Go Graham Steers
Go # 5

Football is over today so I'm pretty sure it's going to get very quiet in here for the next few months. Congrats Navasota you deserve it.

refereedoc
12-22-2012, 05:05 PM
Its all in fun. I mean who takes this serious?

CareBear78 does

HEMOTOXIC
12-22-2012, 06:21 PM
Congratulations to Navasota on your first. Too bad you did not get a chance to knock Sealy out this year . We just couldn’t get it together.

Now you have to work on getting FIVE.

We are happy with the one for now.. "Crawl before you walk." Sealy started with ONE just like everyone else... Sealy better be glad Navasota was in 4A during those title runs. :tisk:

HEMOTOXIC
12-22-2012, 06:22 PM
Double post.

toddg
12-22-2012, 06:38 PM
We are happy with the one for now.. "Crawl before you walk." Sealy started with ONE just like everyone else... Sealy better be glad Navasota was in 4A during those title runs. :tisk:

i heard they were sad that Navasota was 4a during those years..i remember those Sealy teams pretty well, were you on the mid 90s navasota teams? cause they wernt that great, especially not beat those sealy teams great...

defense51
12-22-2012, 06:39 PM
Congrats on being the Texas AAA Division II state champions!

HEMOTOXIC
12-22-2012, 06:44 PM
i heard they were sad that Navasota was 4a during those years..i remember those Sealy teams pretty well, were you on the mid 90s navasota teams? cause they wernt that great, especially beat those sealy teams great...

Maybe not that great for 4A... But, when you beat #1 Carthage in 1994.. 1996, we lost to state champion LaMarque in the quarterfinals... 1998.. Lost to Kilgore.. Not consistently good, but not bad either.... Yes, they better be glad that we were 4A.

toddg
12-22-2012, 06:54 PM
Maybe not that great for 4A... But, when you beat #1 Carthage in 1994.. 1996, we lost to state champion LaMarque in the quarterfinals... 1998.. Lost to Kilgore.. Not consistently good, but not bad either.... Yes, they better be glad that we were 4A.

btw..told ya it was good karma that some 88' Dragons were at the game yesterday....im just glad ya'll finally kicked the door down this year, great team!!

HEMOTOXIC
12-22-2012, 07:07 PM
btw..told ya it was good karma that some 88' Dragons were at the game yesterday....im just glad ya'll finally kicked the door down this year, great team!!

Oh yeah? We had a blast over the past two days.. Can't wait to do it again.. Hopefully, it will not be 24 years... That would make me an old man, lol.

OldBison75
12-22-2012, 07:12 PM
Hemo, lets don't talk about being "old". If we wait 24 years again I will have to live to be 79 to be there. I missed this one live because of work and I damned sure want another chance to be in the stands.

HEMOTOXIC
12-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Hemo, lets don't talk about being "old". If we wait 24 years again I will have to live to be 79 to be there. I missed this one live because of work and I damned sure want another chance to be in the stands.

The only reason that I even brought it up was because although there was a congratulations from a Sealy fan, he/she was quick to point out their FIVE titles... Why that person felt the need to share that when congratulating Navasota is a wonder to me....

OldBison75
12-22-2012, 07:47 PM
I understand where you are coming from. What ifs never won a game. It doesn't make a bit of difference now because it never happened then. I just want everyone to notice that Navasota is not gloating and bragging about who we could of beat. The fact is, there were sixteen teams that were matched against the Rattlers this year in the playoff format we play under. We won them all. A school or community can't ask for more.

AND, it does not matter what I think, cause a lot of people tell me all the time I ain't very smart!!!

ccmom
12-22-2012, 07:50 PM
I understand where you are coming from. What ifs never won a game. It doesn't make a bit of difference now because it never happened then. I just want everyone to notice that Navasota is not gloating and bragging about who we could of beat. The fact is, there were sixteen teams that were matched against the Rattlers this year in the playoff format we play under. We won them all. A school or community can't ask for more.

AND, it does not matter what I think, cause a lot of people tell me all the time I ain't very smart!!!Regardless of your overall intelligence, I like this post. ;)

toddg
12-22-2012, 08:23 PM

AND, it does not matter what I think, cause a lot of people tell me all the time I ain't very smart!!!

smartest man iv read on here in a while in my honest opinion!! i bet you make the championship game next year!!

bearbear78
12-22-2012, 08:29 PM
CareBear78 does
No actually he doesn't , what makes you think he does? Is it that he isn't a ville fan? Well that's sure not gonna change so I guess that's serious to you huh refereedoRk? I know you guys think everyone should worship the jackets but that's not happening, not here anyway, I think Navasota is the better 3a team, period.