PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations Gilmer Buckeyes

OldBison75
12-21-2012, 07:47 PM
Congratulations to a fine team that is young and will be back. Your organization and and fans are first class.

bobcat1
12-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I agree. You could tell Gilmer was young and a little shell shocked in this game but they will be back! Congrats on your fine season!

Scoop27
12-21-2012, 11:47 PM
Does Elwyn Henderson still write for the paper and does the radio broadcasts?
He's a friend of mine and I used to see him at all the Texans home games

GrTigers6
12-22-2012, 09:07 AM
You could definitley see spots of Brilliance at times and then they couldnt do anything. They started out moving the ball well. not sure what changed other than navasota adapting maybe. I know when they blocked #68 they could move the ball but if not he was tearing up the play whether or not he made the tackle.

Aesculus gilmus
12-22-2012, 11:47 AM

Yes and no. The play-by-play man on the broadcast for most games is Jeff Rash.

buckeyebob
12-22-2012, 06:24 PM

He is writing still...has a real job too.

http://www.gilmermirror.com/view/full_story/21213191/article-Navasota-39--Gilmer-3

defense51
12-22-2012, 06:37 PM
Congrats on a great season, I will admit I never thought y'all would make it to the SC at the beginning of the year.

buckeyebob
12-24-2012, 08:47 AM
Congrats on a great season, I will admit I never thought y'all would make it to the SC at the beginning of the year.

You and 99% of the others, myself included...I had my epiphany after Gladewater...proud of 'em...who would of ever thunk it!

Gsquared
12-24-2012, 09:16 AM
What the Buckeyes did this year was nothing short of amazing. I can tell you that when I saw them against Atlanta, Gladewater, and Henderson the first go around, they did not look like a state finalist team. They did what the premium programs do, they got better everyweek. I couldnt be more proud of Gilmer!!! Congrats to Navasota as well, they ran the table from week 0 on and never looked back. A true champion.