PDA

View Full Version : No Fox Southwest on DirecTV or Dish Network

Scoop27
12-20-2012, 09:28 AM
I'm sure this is old news but I remembered that Fox Southwest will discontinue on DirecTV and Dish after Jan 31. I think it will be only on Comcast.
Won't be able to see Astros, Rockets and high school sports.
They say Comcast is too greedy for more money

Emerson1
12-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Mark Cuban won't let this happen. 99% of Mavs games are on FSSW as well. Dish seems to be the only provider that ends up having long interruptions anyways.

Farmersfan
12-20-2012, 09:31 AM
I think this has been in the works for years now yet it never happens when it's suppose to. I think they will find a resolution before they allow this to go into effect. At this time the majority of the Dallas Stars and Maverick games are on Fox Sports but I can't imagine that would continue if the big complanies like Dish and Direct weren't carrying that channel. The NBA/NHL wouldn't allow it and i'm pretty sure the organizations wouldn't allow it. But we will see.

Scoop27
12-20-2012, 09:31 AM
I hope your right

buckeyebob
12-20-2012, 12:45 PM
Try Direct 676...

Scoop27
12-20-2012, 01:01 PM
Found this on the Hookem Forum
DirectTV made an announcement this week that they are going to start applying a "surcharge" of $3.00 (to start) for packages that contain regional sports networks. This effectively creates a sports tier and is the line in cement that ESPN and Fox want to avoid. It ruins their model if everyone doesn't have to pay for sports whether they watch it or not.

Fox may have elected to withdraw their regionals rather than allow DTV to do this with their content. I missed that announcement if they did, but I would expect that ESPN would also follow suit. It is interesting to note that allowing this type of surcharge would probably hasten the full adoption of LHN since you would essentially pay the freight to carry the channel.

Phil C
12-20-2012, 05:22 PM
:weeping::(:foul::flaming: