PDA

View Full Version : Where is jon kitna now?

ronwx5x
12-20-2012, 08:22 AM
If you didn't think highly of him as a Cowboy Quarterback, maybe he was just in the wrong job!

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--former-nfl-qb-jon-kitna-finds-%E2%80%98gold-mine%E2%80%99-at-a-school-where-other-teachers-only-saw-problems-194739063.html

Slick50
12-20-2012, 08:37 AM
Great story

Farmersfan
12-20-2012, 09:22 AM
That's an awesome story. And I find it great that Kitna would want to take on those kinds of kids when the truth is he probably doesn't need to even work. But i question a lot of thing that seem to be assumptions by the writer. I would seriously question the rationale that Kitna being an ex NFL QB has nothing to do with how the kids respond to him. I think it has EVERYTHING to do with it. We'll see how long this continues after the new wears off and Kitna is no longer a novelty with the kids. But still a great story.

scrub c
12-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Great story.
Farmerfan is right... Kitna being an EX-NFL QB has everything to do with his success...

but i do applaud his efforts.

Heffelfinger
12-20-2012, 09:57 AM
That's an awesome story. And I find it great that Kitna would want to take on those kinds of kids when the truth is he probably doesn't need to even work. But i question a lot of thing that seem to be assumptions by the writer. I would seriously question the rationale that Kitna being an ex NFL QB has nothing to do with how the kids respond to him. I think it has EVERYTHING to do with it. We'll see how long this continues after the new wears off and Kitna is no longer a novelty with the kids. But still a great story.

Kitna being an ex-NFL quarterback doesn't make this work. His character makes it work. Consider the parable of the mustard seed. The story gets written because he is an ex-NFL quarterback.

Farmersfan
12-20-2012, 10:45 AM
Kitna being an ex-NFL quarterback doesn't make this work. His character makes it work. Consider the parable of the mustard seed. The story gets written because he is an ex-NFL quarterback.

If this is so then I guess everybody in the past who has failed with these kids didn't have character?
I would believe that no matter how much Character Jon Kitna brought to the classroom it was his celebrity status that earned him a ton of respect and authority over these kids in the beginning. I also believe that same celebrity status will eventually wear off and at that point we will see things as the truly are. I hope Kitna can keep this thing going in the right direction and contunue to show the kinds of results he has managed so far. But I wouldn't bet on it! But i'm generally pretty pessimistic about things like this.

ronwx5x
12-20-2012, 07:34 PM
If this is so then I guess everybody in the past who has failed with these kids didn't have character?
I would believe that no matter how much Character Jon Kitna brought to the classroom it was his celebrity status that earned him a ton of respect and authority over these kids in the beginning. I also believe that same celebrity status will eventually wear off and at that point we will see things as the truly are. I hope Kitna can keep this thing going in the right direction and contunue to show the kinds of results he has managed so far. But I wouldn't bet on it! But i'm generally pretty pessimistic about things like this.

There certainly are a numbr of ex-NFL QB's who would not be able to do what Kitna is doing.

Tejastrue
12-20-2012, 11:04 PM
There certainly are a numbr of ex-NFL QB's who would not be able to do what Kitna is doing.

I would say most ex-NFL players. I always liked Kitna for his grit and determination while playing on sub-par teams his whole career. I think he is well suited to handle any situation that should arise with the path he has now chosen. I applaud him. :clap:

Lion70
12-21-2012, 06:45 AM
I would say most ex-NFL players. I always liked Kitna for his grit and determination while playing on sub-par teams his whole career. I think he is well suited to handle any situation that should arise with the path he has now chosen. I applaud him. :clap:

Most wouldn't care the rest would just throw some money at it to fx a problem. I applaud Kitna as well.

bobcat1
12-21-2012, 06:58 AM
Now that's awesome right there!

Farmersfan
12-21-2012, 08:59 AM
It would be a great story if he could keep this thing going for a long, long time. He could change a lot of lives for the better if he could.