PDA

View Full Version : Stephenville Returns....

Sville
12-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Offense
LG: #53 Matt Diaz 6'0 275 Jr.
C: #51 Tyler Ferguson 5'11 255 Jr.
RG: #61 Max Jones 6'2 230 Jr.
RT: #52 Raul Rocha 6'2 275 Jr. (Started every game through Alvarado and was injured in practice Sr. Dayton Laxson started the rest of the way)
TE: #38 Brock Morrison 5'11 190 So.

Note: The Jackets must replace all skill positions So. WR #1 Jarrett Stidham 6'3 190 will be the QB

Defense
DE: #35 Jonah Noah 6'2 215 Jr.
OLB: #6 Logan Levisay 5'9 155 Jr. (LL was injured mid-season with an ACL)
ILB: #31 Kobe Beavers 5'10 200 Jr.
ILB: #40 David Jackson 5'10 190 Jr.
SS: #8 Tyler Isham 6'0 180 Jr.
FS: #13 Mookie Carlile 6'2 190 Jr.

Note: OLB #27 Josh Gillespie 5'10 175 So. saw significant playing time after the Levisay injury.

Special Teams
K: #30 Luis Garcia 5'5 140 Jr.

GrTigers6
12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
Funny thing is that Stidham was the second best reciever in my opinion, so who will he throw to? I guess he could pass it to himself! LOL
I know yall have skilled players waiting to move up and show what they can do.

Sville
12-17-2012, 04:37 PM
I made a typo and waited to long to edit it.....grrrr Jonah Noah is a Jr. not a soph.

toddg
12-17-2012, 04:51 PM
Alvarado returns 9 on defense, and 3 on offense with 10-0 district champ JV coming up..we'll have more speed at the skill positions on offense.

i look fwd to seeing Jarrett Stidham at QB..i have seen him throwing and he reminds me of Troy Aikman in his mechanics and accuracy..and he is about the same size as Aikman was when he started for the sooners his freshman year, before xfering to UCLA....what is his WRs going to be like next season?

Sville
12-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Funny thing is that Stidham was the second best reciever in my opinion, so who will he throw to? I guess he could pass it to himself! LOL
I know yall have skilled players waiting to move up and show what they can do.

The only skill kid that I know for sure that will be starting is soph. WR #17 Ben Martin 5'9 165. He saw limited varsity PT after district started. Martin is in the mold of #10 Sanchez but will probably be faster. I also believe backup TE #24 BJ Walker 5'10 220 Jr. will figure into the mix as well. The really interesting off season position battle IMO will be at RB. We may have a freshman push for the job. His name is Kaegun Williams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGndwplQsCA) he is going to be a real good one.

I believe that with the kids coming back on defense we will be much better defensively in 2013. The offense will be a work in progress but with nearly all the line returning that is a good place to start.

toddg
12-17-2012, 05:10 PM
The only skill kid that I know for sure that will be starting is soph. WR #17 Ben Martin 5'9 165. He saw limited varsity PT after district started. Martin is in the mold of #10 Sanchez but will probably be faster. I also believe backup TE #24 BJ Walker 5'10 220 Jr. will figure into the mix as well. The really interesting off season position battle IMO will be at RB. We may have a freshman push for the job. His name is Kaegun Williams (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGndwplQsCA) he is going to be a real good one.

I believe that with the kids coming back on defense we will be much better defensively in 2013. The offense will be a work in progress but with nearly all the line returning that is a good place to start.

i saw Kaegun Williams, and he is good..on defense too!

Sville
12-17-2012, 05:20 PM
BTW we currently have an opening at SFD for a firefighter/paramedic; applicants with a son that is good at football especially WR and RB are preferred. :D

44INAROW
12-17-2012, 05:23 PM
I made a typo and waited to long to edit it.....grrrr Jonah Noah is a Jr. not a soph.
I fixed it

Sville
12-17-2012, 05:51 PM
This is just speculation on my part, but I think with the play making ability of Mookie Carlile you might see him on offense some in 2013. He can makes things happen with the ball in his hands, one only has to look at his INT return against Ozen this year to see that. He didn't have as many INTs this year as his soph. because of the run based schemes of the majority of our opponents. Which ever side of the ball he plays on he will definitely be one of our top players in 2013.

Old Green
12-17-2012, 05:54 PM
How were the Jacket JV Team? Any standout players coming up?

Matthew328
12-17-2012, 07:39 PM
There's this kid up here in Canada whose family is from Nigeria just started playing football 3 years ago..he's a TE/DE 6'4 about 235 and can run....told me he wants to play football in Texas (he's 15 right now)....I'm trying to get him to move to Everman but I guess if someone in Stephenville could offer the dad a good job they'd consider it...lol lol

Matthew328
12-17-2012, 07:39 PM
How were the Jacket JV Team? Any standout players coming up?

Stephenville's JV wasn't bad...they gave Everman's JV their only loss...in a 6-4 slobber knocker/pillow fight

toddg
12-17-2012, 07:46 PM
Stephenville's JV wasn't bad...they gave Everman's JV their only loss...in a 6-4 slobber knocker/pillow fight

whats Everman's near future looking like? and i agree on Stephenville's JV not being bad...they gave our JV a pretty good game..

Coondog
12-17-2012, 07:49 PM
Martin & Walker would have started for every other team in our district. If you had a chance to watch them play on the 7-7 team last year you already know. We always have people step up.

Matthew328
12-17-2012, 07:58 PM
whats Everman's near future looking like? and i agree on Stephenville's JV not being bad...they gave our JV a pretty good game..

Everman's JV was 9-1....so hopefully those kids can help the team be a little better next year...the groups Everman is counting on are the 9th, 8th and 7th grade....9th grade was 10-0 and blew everyone away. w/the exception of Burleson who was 9-1 at the 9th grade level....in JH they beat both Cedar Hill and DeSoto JH groups...the Everman 8th grade group only lost once...they were unbeaten as 7th graders but their best player transferred to Kennedale so they stumbled (Barry Browning's lil bro)....7th graders I believe were unbeaten also...so if all those kids stay we'll be good for 2-3 years...Everman is a transient area though and a lot of kids move in and out..

hollywood
12-17-2012, 08:18 PM
There's this kid up here in Canada whose family is from Nigeria just started playing football 3 years ago..he's a TE/DE 6'4 about 235 and can run....told me he wants to play football in Texas (he's 15 right now)....I'm trying to get him to move to Everman but I guess if someone in Stephenville could offer the dad a good job they'd consider it...lol lol

We can find work for him here somewhere! Between Tarleton State, SISD, Saint Gobain, FMC, SFD (if the father is qualified)... there should be an opening somewhere. lol

Sville
12-17-2012, 08:31 PM
OG our JV went 9-3 with losses to Aledo, Amarillo, and Alvarado. Those dang "A" teams. Coondog is right BJ Walker and the previous mentioned Ben Martin will be big contributors. Also Justice Bethea at DE/OL, Brandon Stevens DB/WR, and Dakota Messer are a few JV'ers off the top of my head that will make a name for themselves next year.

hollywood
12-17-2012, 09:13 PM
OG our JV went 9-3 with losses to Aledo, Amarillo, and Alvarado. Those dang "A" teams. Coondog is right BJ Walker and the previous mentioned Ben Martin will be big contributors. Also Justice Bethea at DE/OL, Brandon Stevens DB/WR, and Dakota Messer are a few JV'ers off the top of my head that will make a name for themselves next year.

There's another kid, last name Crew, that got playing time at LB this postseason as a freshman. He'll be a player as a soph.

Old Green
12-17-2012, 09:41 PM
OG our JV went 9-3 with losses to Aledo, Amarillo, and Alvarado. Those dang "A" teams. Coondog is right BJ Walker and the previous mentioned Ben Martin will be big contributors. Also Justice Bethea at DE/OL, Brandon Stevens DB/WR, and Dakota Messer are a few JV'ers off the top of my head that will make a name for themselves next year.Sounds good. Looks like the Jackets will reload for next year.

hollywood
12-17-2012, 10:48 PM
Sounds good. Looks like the Jackets will reload for next year.

It all depends on how the skill position players on offense click. The QB will be able to command the offense with confidence, the WR's and RB will be the question mark. Stephenville 2012 had several senior leaders. Someone is going to have to step up as a leader.

It all depends on how the skill position players on offense click. The QB will be able to command the offense with confidence, the WR's and RB will be the question mark. Stephenville 2012 had several senior leaders. Someone is going to have to step up as a leader.

I agree and they will but for now we got some basketball to go win.

toddg
12-17-2012, 11:39 PM
I agree and they will but for now we got some basketball to go win.
Our Round ball is good..probably good enough to win district...and go deep into playoffs... So bring it Ville!!!

hollywood
12-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Our Round ball is good..probably good enough to win district...and go deep into playoffs... So bring it Ville!!!

You think Stidham is good at football? Wait until you see him controlling the floor in round ball!! Lol toddg will be ":eek: seriously?!?!"

defense51
12-18-2012, 12:17 AM

I agree, the Yellowjackets may get a surprise on the basketball court.

87coog
12-18-2012, 09:27 AM
sounds like another title

We will beat you like a drum.

defense51
12-18-2012, 05:10 PM
We will beat you like a drum.

Not likely!

toddg
12-18-2012, 05:47 PM
You think Stidham is good at football? Wait until you see him controlling the floor in round ball!! Lol toddg will be ":eek: seriously?!?!" the player on the Indians he'll be guarding is pretty darn good too X.Adams..and i aint kiddin neither!!

hollywood
12-18-2012, 06:24 PM
the player on the Indians he'll be guarding is pretty darn good too X.Adams..and i aint kiddin neither!!

Take this bball crap to the other thread!!!!

:D

take this bball crap to the other thread!!!!

:d

lol settle down

Sville
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Ville go to your profile and check to receive PM's. I want to send you one.

Ville go to your profile and check to receive PM's. I want to send you one.

Be nice

cowboyandchrist
12-18-2012, 07:21 PM
Offense
LG: #53 Matt Diaz 6'0 275 Jr.
C: #51 Tyler Ferguson 5'11 255 Jr.
RG: #61 Max Jones 6'2 230 Jr.
RT: #52 Raul Rocha 6'2 275 Jr. (Started every game through Alvarado and was injured in practice Sr. Dayton Laxson started the rest of the way)
TE: #38 Brock Morrison 5'11 190 So.

Note: The Jackets must replace all skill positions So. WR #1 Jarrett Stidham 6'3 190 will be the QB

Defense
DE: #35 Jonah Noah 6'2 215 Jr.
OLB: #6 Logan Levisay 5'9 155 Jr. (LL was injured mid-season with an ACL)
ILB: #31 Kobe Beavers 5'10 200 Jr.
ILB: #40 David Jackson 5'10 190 Jr.
SS: #8 Tyler Isham 6'0 180 Jr.
FS: #13 Mookie Carlile 6'2 190 Jr.

Note: OLB #27 Josh Gillespie 5'10 175 So. saw significant playing time after the Levisay injury.

Special Teams
K: #30 Luis Garcia 5'5 140 Jr.

That looks good for next year, I hope we hold up our end this time next year and I think we will. We have 11 starters back on the O and 6 back on the D side. We will have to replace a big part of the D line and middle linebacker, but we will be loaded at all skilled positions. This will be a heavy laiden senior team. We should look like the Ville next year by scoring points out the wazoo. This year and the way it ended should be on their minds everyday until tow a days. Gilmer and Chapel Hill will be in the hunt again. Gilmer because they are so young this year and Chapel Hill because they were loaded with sophmores and juniors that are as fast as you will see from any team. They just did not have much size. Kilgore will be Kilgore and Henderson may be starting over.