Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 04:33 PM
That's a bad call. :thmbdwn:

Old Tiger
12-16-2012, 04:38 PM
What the hell are the cowboys thinking letting Brent pos on the sideline

Eagle 1
12-16-2012, 04:39 PM
With a win, the Cowboys will be in a 3 way tie for first down.
This is a playoff game. Lets see what happens.
Please dont choke Romo.

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 04:46 PM

Yeah, he shouldn't be there.

OLE'BULL
12-16-2012, 04:51 PM

I will start this off by saying I am not AT ALL a fan of the Cowboys. So you are saying they should completely turn their back on him? He made a terrible mistake that he will have to struggle with the rest of his life. He might end up serving time. I think he will be punished enough. While his decision to get behind the wheel was not right, Brown made the decision to ride with him. From what I have read, they were the best of friends. Browns family has made it clear that they are forgiving Brent. I think allowing him to be on the sideline is the right choice. This is part of HIS healing process.

Eagle 1
12-16-2012, 04:58 PM
Hey Txbroadcaster, you said Ware is the best player on the Cowboys team.
Where hell has he been the last three games? Or this game?

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 05:06 PM
Damn! :foul:

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 05:20 PM
Yes!! :clap:

How about James Hanna on that drive?! Not bad.

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 05:44 PM
I will start this off by saying I am not AT ALL a fan of the Cowboys. So you are saying they should completely turn their back on him? He made a terrible mistake that he will have to struggle with the rest of his life. He might end up serving time. I think he will be punished enough. While his decision to get behind the wheel was not right, Brown made the decision to ride with him. From what I have read, they were the best of friends. Browns family has made it clear that they are forgiving Brent. I think allowing him to be on the sideline is the right choice. This is part of HIS healing process.

Showing support for him is one thing.

He's down there joking around and laughing like nothing happened.

Gives off the impression that the NFL is ok with DUI. Seriously, this IS his second DUI offense...

Farmersfan
12-16-2012, 05:53 PM
I'm amazed at the number of offensive line muggings that are going uncalled for the Steelers. D. Ware just got beheaded from behind.

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 05:58 PM
:ack!:

Damn, Big Ben sucks...LOL!

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 06:29 PM
Dez!! :clap:

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 06:48 PM
WTH was that play...:dispntd:

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Wow, a lot of Steeler fans at Cowboys Stadium.

Txbroadcaster
12-16-2012, 07:00 PM
Hey Txbroadcaster, you said Ware is the best player on the Cowboys team.
Where hell has he been the last three games? Or this game?

dude is playing with a stinger and hyper extended elbow..IMO ask where everyone else is on D when it comes to pressure

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Damn that was HUGE!

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 07:12 PM
Nice!!

Let's get a stop D.

83Indian
12-16-2012, 07:24 PM
If Dallas punts on 4th and 1 on their own 20, you can call it ball game. Big Ben will get them is scoring position

Farmersfan
12-16-2012, 07:25 PM
That's awesome Dallas. Run three plays and only 10 seconds off the clock and then punt it back to Big Ben.

83Indian
12-16-2012, 07:32 PM
Looks like I was wrong. Dallas D coming up big time.

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Wow!!!

83Indian
12-16-2012, 07:35 PM
Huge punt return. Come on Dallas win this!

83Indian
12-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Dang Romo runs that clock down to 0 on every snap.

Roughneck93
12-16-2012, 07:47 PM
Wow, wow, wow!!!

83Indian
12-16-2012, 07:51 PM
Big win for Dallas!

lbjacj
Wow, wow, wow!!!

nice!

Roughneck93
Awesome! :clap:

Eagle 1
12-16-2012, 08:04 PM
Unbelievable.
Cowboys win, and Steelers had a perfect game.
When was the last time a NFL team had no penalties?

Tejastrue
12-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Romo... 30-42, 341 yds 2 TDs.

FB-fanatic
12-16-2012, 08:16 PM
Wow, an exciting state of Texas football game that didn't involve the Aggies or the Texans!

defense51
12-16-2012, 08:23 PM
Wow, an exciting state of Texas football game that didn't involve the Aggies or the Texans!

Three in a row!:2thumbsup

bobcat1
12-16-2012, 08:32 PM
Unbelievable.
Cowboys win, and Steelers had a perfect game.
When was the last time a NFL team had no penalties?This! Not one penalty all game.

Macarthur
12-16-2012, 10:42 PM
This! Not one penalty all game.

They committed several penalties. They just weren't called. :flaming:

Farmersfan
12-17-2012, 08:52 AM

I saw many, many infractions on the Steelers that went uncalled.

Did you watch the Bears/Packers game? The Bears were getting screwed royally by the officials. I'm certainly not a fan of either team but on one sequence the Bears completed a long pass down the field and the receiver was called for offensive interference on a very minimal push that happens all the time. The very next play they threw the same pass and the Packer D-back was holding the jersey and mugged the receiver and nothing was called. I thought we were going to see an "incident" from the fans after that sequence. I've never heard booing that loud at a NFL game. And it lasted a long, long time.
It's crap like this that makes me say there should be suspensions and fines issued to officials who wrongfully impact a football game.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2012, 09:07 AM
ahhh the tease of the Cowboys...we know where this is going..last week win and in

Eagle 1
12-17-2012, 09:08 AM
Incidentally Romo had a great game with a rating of 111.3 and no turn overs.
Guess what? We won.
'Nuff said.

Farmersfan
12-17-2012, 09:09 AM

Just curious Mac! Would you say the Steeler's loss of this game was primarily on Big Ben? He made some amazing escapes and some amazing throws down the field and ended the game with a 94 QB rating and if not for his heroics they aren't even in this game yet when it all mattered the most and it became "nut cuttin'" time he choked and threw a terrible pass. Be careful because I'm fishing here! :D

Farmersfan
12-17-2012, 09:10 AM
ahhh the tease of the Cowboys...we know where this is going..last week win and in

Just enough to get Jerry to think he has a contender!

Farmersfan
12-17-2012, 09:15 AM
Incidentally Romo had a great game with a rating of 111.3 and no turn overs.
Guess what? We won.
'Nuff said.

Well not only a 111.3 rating but Romo made a lot of quality decisions. Even the commentators commented on how zeroed in Romo was. A high QB rating doesn't always mean the completions made were quality plays. Of course it helped that the 0-line actually gave him some time.

pancho villa
12-17-2012, 09:19 AM
Well only one of my teams won this weekend. the Texans. because my other favorite team is whoever is playing the Cowboys.

Farmersfan
12-17-2012, 09:26 AM
Well only one of my teams won this weekend. the Texans. because my other favorite team is whoever is playing the Cowboys.

I have a buddy that says things like this all the time. He use to be the biggest Cowboy's fan but now claims he hates Jerry Jones and will never route for the Cowboys until Jerry is gone. The problem with this is the fact that he is constantly talking about them in the negative. I tried to tell him that if he were really indifferent about them he would not feel he needs to be taunting others about them all the time. A day doesn't go by without him saying something derogatory about the players, coaches or other fans that support them. I'm thinking he is just a pre-occupied with them as he once was except now he directs it to bashing rather than supporting. But it all the same on the inside!

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2012, 09:31 AM
Just enough to get Jerry to think he has a contender!

yep..no matter what we all know JG is back( good?..maybe)...and Jones will feel Dallas is one/two players away..but ya know what...he might be right this year

Bullaholic
12-17-2012, 10:05 AM
My, my there is a pro football team in Dallas---and they played like one Sunday.

Macarthur
12-17-2012, 10:28 AM
Just curious Mac! Would you say the Steeler's loss of this game was primarily on Big Ben? He made some amazing escapes and some amazing throws down the field and ended the game with a 94 QB rating and if not for his heroics they aren't even in this game yet when it all mattered the most and it became "nut cuttin'" time he choked and threw a terrible pass. Be careful because I'm fishing here! :D

I know you're fishing. :)

Seriously, no, I do not think Ben choked. I don't like that word, choked. Choked is a very superficial fan term that I think shows how some one watch the game on a very superficial level.

Yes, he did make a poor throw, but it was also a fantastic play by Carr. Also, keep in mind that if Butler doesn't reach out and knock that ball out of the punt returners hand, the Steelers probably salt that game away with about 6 minutes left, I think.

Ben did make the decisive play that negatively affected his teams ability to win, no doubt. Even the best QBs make bad plays sometimes.

Macarthur
12-17-2012, 10:31 AM
I have a buddy that says things like this all the time. He use to be the biggest Cowboy's fan but now claims he hates Jerry Jones and will never route for the Cowboys until Jerry is gone. The problem with this is the fact that he is constantly talking about them in the negative. I tried to tell him that if he were really indifferent about them he would not feel he needs to be taunting others about them all the time. A day doesn't go by without him saying something derogatory about the players, coaches or other fans that support them. I'm thinking he is just a pre-occupied with them as he once was except now he directs it to bashing rather than supporting. But it all the same on the inside!

I agree. If you are someone that doesn't like the Cowboys anymore, for whatever reason, fine. Just don't be a dewsh.

Contrary to what happened last week, this organization has some really quality citizens that do a ton of good work in the community. Romo just gave $1 million to some local charity a couple of weeks ago. And as much as JJ makes my head want to explode sometimes, he and his family have given a ton of money to DFW charities over the last couple of decades. I know the football side is very frustrating, at times, but everyone needs to keep a little perspective too.

buff4ever
12-17-2012, 10:55 AM
I agree. If you are someone that doesn't like the Cowboys anymore, for whatever reason, fine. Just don't be a dewsh.

Contrary to what happened last week, this organization has some really quality citizens that do a ton of good work in the community. Romo just gave $1 million to some local charity a couple of weeks ago. And as much as JJ makes my head want to explode sometimes, he and his family have given a ton of money to DFW charities over the last couple of decades. I know the football side is very frustrating, at times, but everyone needs to keep a little perspective too.

They are obviously good people, but let's not get carried away with this they donate to charitys. It is a tax advantage to do so, and people and businesses do this every year with their funds to improved tax situation. I would bet that every NFL owner and many players on each team do this, they are still great people, I am not saying they aren't, but lets not pretend this is abnormal. Not that you were, this comment just was random and pointless.

Yesterday's game was a big one, the cowboys played well. I admire Dez for playing through and playing hard, I question JG or Romo for going to him in a jump ball situation with him obviously adjusting his normal ways of catching the ball.

Bullaholic
12-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Announcer tossed out interesting Romo stat if I heard it right---Tony Romo is the only Cowboys QB with a 4000yd passing season---and he has had 4 after last night.

Macarthur
12-17-2012, 11:33 AM
They are obviously good people, but let's not get carried away with this they donate to charitys. It is a tax advantage to do so, and people and businesses do this every year with their funds to improved tax situation. I would bet that every NFL owner and many players on each team do this, they are still great people, I am not saying they aren't, but lets not pretend this is abnormal. Not that you were, this comment just was random and pointless.

I don't think it's pointless at all. In the context of of FF's point, I run across lots of people with that same attitude and a big part of their reasoning is the percieved 'thuggery' of the team and league in general.

As to the charity thing, they do get a benefit, but they still give it. They don't have to. The tax write off argument is kinda silly because they still give that money away. The tax advatage takes some of that blow, but it's not 100%. Romo gave $1 million bucks. Period. That's $1 million he no longer has. That is something to be lauded.

Macarthur
12-17-2012, 11:55 AM
Case in point. Ware is probably in a great deal of discomfort this morning and his first stop this morning is Cook Children's Hospital.

https://twitter.com/dallascowboys/status/280711497716465665/photo/1

Farmersfan
12-17-2012, 02:36 PM
I know you're fishing. :)

Seriously, no, I do not think Ben choked. I don't like that word, choked. Choked is a very superficial fan term that I think shows how some one watch the game on a very superficial level.

Yes, he did make a poor throw, but it was also a fantastic play by Carr. Also, keep in mind that if Butler doesn't reach out and knock that ball out of the punt returners hand, the Steelers probably salt that game away with about 6 minutes left, I think.

Ben did make the decisive play that negatively affected his teams ability to win, no doubt. Even the best QBs make bad plays sometimes.

Of course if the opinion differs from yours then it must be superficial.......:foul:

Synonyms to superficial:
shallow - perfunctory - cursory - skin-deep - sketchy

Macarthur
12-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Of course if the opinion differs from yours then it must be superficial.......:foul:

Synonyms to superficial:
shallow - perfunctory - cursory - skin-deep - sketchy

So I take it from your response that you thought Ben 'choked'? :rolleyes:

Farmersfan
12-17-2012, 02:50 PM

I've never given Pro Athletes much credit for giving money to charities or for spending time volunteering at hospitals. From my experience about 99% of those hospital visits are engineered by the PR dept for the organization and most Pro players have PR activities written into their contracts. My first response to the Romo donation is that a million dollars is a lot of money regardless of how much money you have. But of course there comes a point when money becomes "EXTRA". You or I don't know that point or have never been able to imagine that point but when you have everything you could possibly ever want and plenty of money socked away to get whatever might come up in the future it isn't so impressive that you write a big check. If I wrote a 100.00 donation check right now I would feel it in my budget and bank account. I'm wondering if Romo will ever even feel the slightest pinch for this million dollars....................

Farmersfan
12-17-2012, 02:59 PM
So I take it from your response that you thought Ben 'choked'? :rolleyes:

Correction: I KNOW Big Ben Choked. I would say not less than 90% of all the people in the world watching that game knew that Ben would lead the Steelers on a long drive and score on that first possession of the OT. He then proceeded to throw a near pick 6 in just 2 plays. That is quite possibly the perfect example of "choke". When an athlete fails to do what everybody think they will do it is said that they choked. You can insult all those people who superficially watch football and assign those kinds of terms to player mistakes but it is reality whether you agree or not.

buff4ever
12-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Correction: I KNOW Big Ben Choked. I would say not less than 90% of all the people in the world watching that game knew that Ben would lead the Steelers on a long drive and score on that first possession of the OT. He then proceeded to throw a near pick 6 in just 2 plays. That is quite possibly the perfect example of "choke". When an athlete fails to do what everybody think they will do it is said that they choked. You can insult all those people who superficially watch football and assign those kinds of terms to player mistakes but it is reality whether you agree or not.

No FF, you should know from all of the back and forth you do with Mac, that he is the only one with valid points, everyone else is wrong unless they go along with his points.

Trust me, I am not one to say that the majority is alwasy right, look at our president, but typically you have to give the majority the benefit of the doubt.

GrTigers6
12-17-2012, 03:08 PM

See there lies the problem. "Choking" to me is not one play. It is a player making bad plays over and over. Just just one arrant throw and a great defensive play does not constitute a choke.
According to that logic Murray choked in the second qtr when he fumbled. Because hasnt fumbled before so he didnt do what everyone expected!:crazy1:

Farmersfan
12-17-2012, 03:30 PM
See there lies the problem. "Choking" to me is not one play. It is a player making bad plays over and over. Just just one arrant throw and a great defensive play does not constitute a choke.
According to that logic Murray choked in the second qtr when he fumbled. Because hasnt fumbled before so he didnt do what everyone expected!:crazy1:

I'm not sure the concept of "Choke" is relegated to any sort of degrees or specifications. It's simply a label that is put on athletes who make unexpected mistakes at crucial times. I'm thinking there really isn't a correct "Choke" or a incorrect "Choke" definition. Isn't it the exact opposite of saying a player "Stepped up"?

GrTigers6
12-17-2012, 03:33 PM
I'm not sure the concept of "Choke" is relegated to any sort of degrees or specifications. It's simply a label that is put on athletes who make unexpected mistakes at crucial times. I'm thinking there really isn't a correct "Choke" or a incorrect "Choke" definition. Isn't it the exact opposite of saying a player "Stepped up"?

Yes I agree it is. But a player doesnt "step up" with one play neccesarily either. Unless that was the only play he had.

buff4ever
12-17-2012, 03:44 PM
Let me say it this way. I don't consider Big Ben a choke player amongst the league. However in that moment, you might say he choked. How players get labeled as a choker depends on how often they choke in crunch time. It was a good defensive play, no doubt, the defense stepped up for the cowboys at the end of that game big time. They put some serious pressure and managed to sack a hard to sack qb twice in the same drive at the end of regulation. I wish after we returned the punt to mid fieild after that stop that the offense could have gained 10 to fifteen yards to give us a chance to win the game in regulation.

I haven't read all of this thread so, if this was already discussed I am sorry. Did anyone else give JG the props that I did yesterday when he let the steelers thing we were going to try a 61 yard attempt, so they would burn a time out to ice kicker, then he sent the punt team out and they burned another b/c they were not properly manned I assume to receive a important punt. I feel that they wouldn't have knelt the ball at the end of regulation if they had those 2 timeouts still. The kick would have been a bad idea, but I think he never intended on kicking. Once again, defense played well at the end of that game.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2012, 03:52 PM
everyone is acting like Ben threw a bad pass..he threw a pass right where his WR was going to be, Carr made a great move and played the route perfectly..I think it is more Carr stepped up with a play instead of Ben choked..Like Simms said on broadcast 99% that route is there with the way Carr showed he was playing the WR but Carr fooled him.

GrTigers6
12-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Let me say it this way. I don't consider Big Ben a choke player amongst the league. However in that moment, you might say he choked. How players get labeled as a choker depends on how often they choke in crunch time. It was a good defensive play, no doubt, the defense stepped up for the cowboys at the end of that game big time. They put some serious pressure and managed to sack a hard to sack qb twice in the same drive at the end of regulation. I wish after we returned the punt to mid fieild after that stop that the offense could have gained 10 to fifteen yards to give us a chance to win the game in regulation.

I haven't read all of this thread so, if this was already discussed I am sorry. Did anyone else give JG the props that I did yesterday when he let the steelers thing we were going to try a 61 yard attempt, so they would burn a time out to ice kicker, then he sent the punt team out and they burned another b/c they were not properly manned I assume to receive a important punt. I feel that they wouldn't have knelt the ball at the end of regulation if they had those 2 timeouts still. The kick would have been a bad idea, but I think he never intended on kicking. Once again, defense played well at the end of that game.Yeah the only way I see kicking in that situation is if the cowboys were behind, or there was less than 5 seconds on the clock. Then you try it. Hell I bet he could make it but there is always that chance that someone breaks thru or you get a bad snap. Or it just misses wide. So im glad we didnt have to try it

buff4ever
12-17-2012, 04:26 PM
everyone is acting like Ben threw a bad pass..he threw a pass right where his WR was going to be, Carr made a great move and played the route perfectly..I think it is more Carr stepped up with a play instead of Ben choked..Like Simms said on broadcast 99% that route is there with the way Carr showed he was playing the WR but Carr fooled him.

Not everyone is necessarily saying Big Ben made a bad pass. So now it is not choking if a qb throws a ball that could be caught by his receiver regardless of whether he saw a defender or got tricked by a defender. Okay, I will need to note that. It is only choking if it is a bad pass. Bad decisions or being tricked is not choking. I would actually say that these mental errors have more to do with choking than physical passing. In crunch time the mental game in my opinion is what separates the stars from the rest. Knowing where to go to under pressure is the biggest part of it to me.

Big Ben will be fine, he is not a choke artist, but even he would tell you that mistake was on him. No big time qb would deny that in that situation.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Not everyone is necessarily saying Big Ben made a bad pass. So now it is not choking if a qb throws a ball that could be caught by his receiver regardless of whether he saw a defender or got tricked by a defender. Okay, I will need to note that. It is only choking if it is a bad pass. Bad decisions or being tricked is not choking. I would actually say that these mental errors have more to do with choking than physical passing. In crunch time the mental game in my opinion is what separates the stars from the rest. Knowing where to go to under pressure is the biggest part of it to me.

Big Ben will be fine, he is not a choke artist, but even he would tell you that mistake was on him. No big time qb would deny that in that situation.

I agree about the mental thing...but I also think the word choke gets thrown around too much...player A made a good throw but player B made a better play..neither choked..one just beat the other

No different than a pitcher putting the ball in a good spot but the hitter still takes it yard...does not mean the pitcher folded under pressure.

Eagle 1
12-17-2012, 06:29 PM
I think the term choke should be directed towards players who constantly make bad decisions or bad plays.
I agree, Ben didn't really choke on Sunday. Now if he done this on a regular basis like Romo, then the shoe would fit.

I will quote my post just as the game started.

With a win, the Cowboys will be in a 3 way tie for first down.
This is a playoff game. Lets see what happens.
Please dont choke Romo.

defense51
12-17-2012, 06:41 PM
When the Cowboys get the running game going, they are a playoff caliber team.

Maroon87
12-17-2012, 06:52 PM

This.

Carr played 3 years under Haley with KC. He said after the game that he knew immediately when they broke the huddle what was coming.

Farmersfan
12-18-2012, 09:18 AM

This is completely wrong TXB. That was a terrible throw. The receiver was running out and the ball was thrown high and behind rather than low and to the outside. Call it a great play by Carr if you want but the facts are if the QB had recognized the coverage or made a better throw Carr doesn't touch the ball.

Farmersfan
12-18-2012, 09:28 AM
This.

Carr played 3 years under Haley with KC. He said after the game that he knew immediately when they broke the huddle what was coming.

That was a great play by Carr because of how it turned out. But if that ball is thrown to the sideline instead of behind the receiver Carr likely doesn't touch it and if Wallace catches it he is gone to the house because Carr didn't have help. The difference in Carr being a hero today and being a scape goat today is the accuracy of the throw or the mistake in reading the coverage.

GrTigers6
12-18-2012, 10:30 AM
This is completely wrong TXB. That was a terrible throw. The receiver was running out and the ball was thrown high and behind rather than low and to the outside. Call it a great play by Carr if you want but the facts are if the QB had recognized the coverage or made a better throw Carr doesn't touch the ball.

551or maybe the reciever cut the route off short. just saying:D

buff4ever
12-18-2012, 10:40 AM
or maybe the reciever cut the route off short. just saying:D

Did you see the play? If you were going to blame the receiver on his route, it would be that he stretched it too far, but throw was still not down and away from the defender.

The bottom line is that if Ben knew where Carr was, he made a bad throw. If he didn't he made a bad read. Whether it was physical or mental, this one was on Ben. It happens to everybody, even Ben and Mannings and other greats.

coach
12-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Did you see the play? If you were going to blame the receiver on his route, it would be that he stretched it too far, but throw was still not down and away from the defender.

The bottom line is that if Ben knew where Carr was, he made a bad throw. If he didn't he made a bad read. Whether it was physical or mental, this one was on Ben. It happens to everybody, even Ben and Mannings and other greats.

I wouldnt call it a terrible throw, but it was certainly bad. I will say that was a great play by Carr. It was more of a great play than a bad one imo.

Maroon87
12-18-2012, 11:36 AM
That was a great play by Carr because of how it turned out. But if that ball is thrown to the sideline instead of behind the receiver Carr likely doesn't touch it and if Wallace catches it he is gone to the house because Carr didn't have help. The difference in Carr being a hero today and being a scape goat today is the accuracy of the throw or the mistake in reading the coverage.

Key word there is "if". You can say it's a bad throw, but Carr was in position to make Ben pay. That's what good DB's do.

GrTigers6
12-18-2012, 11:48 AM

The bottom line is that if Ben knew where Carr was, he made a bad throw. If he didn't he made a bad read. Whether it was physical or mental, this one was on Ben. It happens to everybody, even Ben and Mannings and other greats.UH I was kidding. Hint: The Big Smiley face!:evilgrin:

Farmersfan
12-18-2012, 03:23 PM
I wouldnt call it a terrible throw, but it was certainly bad. I will say that was a great play by Carr. It was more of a great play than a bad one imo.

yea, I heard the story about Carr knowing the tendencies of Haley and expecting that exact play to be called. Great mental play on Carr's part.

coach
12-18-2012, 04:20 PM
yea, I heard the story about Carr knowing the tendencies of Haley and expecting that exact play to be called. Great mental play on Carr's part.

Just think if we had 22 guys who thought like that!