PDA

View Full Version : D- 25 Was that fun or what?

speedbump
12-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Great season for our district folks. Starting with all the RSJ hype, the great finish by Wharton against Sealy to earn a playoff spot and then culminating with great runs through division 4 by the red tide from El Campo and Bellville and it took the two best teams in 3A to stop that tide. I can guarantee you similar results for next season folks. It's gonna be another great ride. Also good luck to all those seniors in D-25 that have played their last game. I wish you all could have finished it like the EC boys did. Even though they were beaten by a better team, what a stage to go out on. Good luck to all the D-25ers next season and thanks for this year.

Bull's-eye
12-15-2012, 09:04 PM
What's EC got coming back? Bellville returns 7 starters on offense, including the 3 RB's. Defense will return around 4 starters, give or take a couple of players that played in certain packages. We do lose our kicker, punter & deep snapper.

Yes, a great season for D25! One team plays in the DI finals & another goes to the DII semi-finals. Thanks for all your support, we were definitely pulling for the Ricebirds to win it all.

OldBison75
12-15-2012, 09:10 PM
Bellville may be only returning 7 on offense and 4 on defense--starters-----but they have about 6 others each way that got significant playing time in playoff situations that will step into roles. Bellville will be scary good next year.

Scoop27
12-16-2012, 06:14 PM
It will be tough for Wharton to return to the playoffs next year even with four teams going.
Losing a lot of seniors and JV didn't have a winning season

Manso/V8
12-16-2012, 10:35 PM
It was a wild ride and great year. Bellville had high hopes for a District Championship after taking runnerup spot to Sealy with their Davis/RSJ duo last year. With the realignment, we were moved to R4 and El Campo dropped in to our little world. Then Wharton came out strong and all of sudden, I was concerned Bellville might not make the playoffs. It all worked out good though. EC was definitely the power team in the district and region, and our game against the Ricebirds showed us we had to get to get our house in order.

To have a runnerup and semi-finalist out of the same district is something to talk about.
Looking forward to next year!

Weebe
12-16-2012, 10:42 PM
Next year's senior class for El Campo is a bit thin. Next year would be the year to beat them.

That being said, El Campo continually played with less talent than their district counterparts in 4A and almost always made the playoffs and won several district championships.

I expect them to make the playoffs and make a run for the region championship again if they can get by d26 in the first round.

hookandladder
12-17-2012, 09:00 AM
Next year's senior class for El Campo is a bit thin. Next year would be the year to beat them.

That being said, El Campo continually played with less talent than their district counterparts in 4A and almost always made the playoffs and won several district championships.

I expect them to make the playoffs and make a run for the region championship again if they can get by d26 in the first round.

D-26 will be down for overall teams in our District, I think there will be 2 or 3 teams that will be clear cut winners. Just my opinion.

toddg
12-17-2012, 09:08 AM
It was a wild ride and great year. Bellville had high hopes for a District Championship after taking runnerup spot to Sealy with their Davis/RSJ duo last year. With the realignment, we were moved to R4 and El Campo dropped in to our little world. Then Wharton came out strong and all of sudden, I was concerned Bellville might not make the playoffs. It all worked out good though. EC was definitely the power team in the district and region, and our game against the Ricebirds showed us we had to get to get our house in order.

To have a runnerup and semi-finalist out of the same district is something to talk about.
Looking forward to next year!

that was impressive!!