PDA

View Full Version : Tyler Jones is a Balla'

vtskneb
12-15-2012, 10:21 AM
and is the 3A offensive player of the year! That is all.

hollywood
12-15-2012, 10:28 AM
and is the 3A offensive player of the year! That is all.

After last nights performance in the title game to cap off what's been an amazing season... yeah, I AGREE!

He should be on the fringe of a 4,000 yards of passing this season. The young man had 422 yards passing 5 TD's and 125 yards rushing 4 TD's last night in the SC title game.

vtskneb
12-15-2012, 10:31 AM

Smitty
12-15-2012, 10:32 AM
He is a MONSTER!!!

Hands down the 3A Offensive player of the year!

Weebe
12-15-2012, 10:32 AM
College coaches need to re-evaluate him.

Aggie98
12-15-2012, 10:34 AM
He good. He real good.

Matthew328
12-15-2012, 10:39 AM
little birdie telling me TCU is going to be taking a closer look

vtskneb
12-15-2012, 10:42 AM
little birdie telling me TCU is going to be taking a closer look

The power of Matthew Stepp crosses international boundries! :)

jason
12-15-2012, 10:53 AM
his stats are for just 14 games too

BaseballUmp
12-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Please nobody else look at him, Texas State needs somebody good to come in.

FB-fanatic
12-15-2012, 11:01 AM
Has he played ball at Stephenville since junior high?

This is just 100% speculation but he isnt going to Texas State. He will have some big time offers from many schools. There is one thing that can make a 17 or 18 year old man do crazy things. Where is his girlfriend going?

He has my vote for 3A PLAYER OF THE YEAR PERIOD.

Dawgs
12-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Tyler Jones had a heck of a game last night. Maybe Texas State isn't a bad choice. Chance to play early, and they are in the FBS now. Maybe a Texas school on the rise. As good a Tyler Jones is, and he is surely a D1 prospect...When I watched the game last night #88 just kept catching my eye. Kid looks the part. If on the first drive you would have asked me which kid looked like a D1 athlete i would have said #88, but that was before Jones accounted for 9 TD's =). Is he also planning on going to Texas State.

83Indian
12-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Tyler Jones is hands down the player of the year in 3A. Those thinking anyone else is close to him are kidding yourselves. He has the complete package of running and passing and never gets rattled. The stats don't lie.

cl1481
12-15-2012, 11:59 AM
Tyler Jones and Brice Gunter are both committed to Texas State. Both would get a chance to play early at Texas State.

cl1481
12-15-2012, 12:12 PM

I feel the same way BaseballUmp. Hopefully they keep in mind Texas State gave them a D1 offer before the season when no one else did. But, you can't blame the kids if they get better offers.

vtskneb
12-15-2012, 02:49 PM
Has he played ball at Stephenville since junior high?

Yes.

FB-fanatic
12-15-2012, 07:00 PM
Yes.

Wow, that is pretty "home grown". Congrats on the great season and good luck next year.

hookandladder
12-16-2012, 09:12 PM
Tyler Jones is hands down the player of the year in 3A. Those thinking anyone else is close to him are kidding yourselves. He has the complete package of running and passing and never gets rattled. The stats don't lie.

After watching him against EC I would agree 100%, his passing and running ability to me makes them the best team in 3A. I do not think there is any team in 3A that can stop that offense, made a beleiver out of me. Congrats to Stephenville team.

hollywood
12-16-2012, 09:38 PM
After watching him against EC I would agree 100%, his passing and running ability to me makes them the best team in 3A. I do not think there is any team in 3A that can stop that offense, made a beleiver out of me. Congrats to Stephenville team.

Everythig you said is true hook IMO. I wouldn't have believed it either until I saw it. That team with that offense, crazy good. T. Jones is an elusive QB at 6'3" 205 and has a rocket for an arm. Knew he was special as a junior.. He really came into a great QB as a senior.

toddg
12-16-2012, 10:07 PM
http://youtu.be/Dc-hqK6ybOs

vtskneb
12-16-2012, 10:46 PM
http://youtu.be/Dc-hqK6ybOs

Very cool to see that after watching what he accomplished last Friday night!

hookandladder
12-17-2012, 07:24 AM
Everythig you said is true hook IMO. I wouldn't have believed it either until I saw it. That team with that offense, crazy good. T. Jones is an elusive QB at 6'3" 205 and has a rocket for an arm. Knew he was special as a junior.. He really came into a great QB as a senior.

My son was at Texas State camp this last summer and there was a QB that was at the camp with him, Coach Fran was working with him one on one and man he was not very impressive throwing the ball. I do not know for sure if it was Tyler or another recruit they had offered, after watching Tyler on Friday night if it was him then he must off just had a bad day at Texas State that day because there was day and night difference last Friday night. If it was him at the camp that just goes to show you the difference between camps and real live action, Tyler has the whole package and will be successful at the next level. In my opinion he is better then any QB at Texas right now however Texas is not getting any pure passing QB's , Good Luck to him in the future.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2012, 07:26 AM
and a few Ville fans told me he was only starting cause he is a SR LOL

vtskneb
12-17-2012, 08:02 AM

To your face or on here? Good gosh. I am as excited as the next guy but let's let Stidam's career play out before we put anymore pressure on the kid beyond just being QB for Stephenville. Jones is going to be one tough act to follow and let's not forget he had ice water running through his veins in everyone of our big games. He came through every time.

Txbroadcaster
12-17-2012, 08:30 AM
at the game

toddg
12-17-2012, 08:48 AM

that is funny, cause some told me the same thing at the Granbury scrimmage last august.

vtskneb
12-17-2012, 08:51 AM
at the game

This is the same fan base that cheered for Brandon Stewart's backup to play when he was a junior and defamed a sign made for Jevan Snead after the pick he threw in the HP game. Then left it at the fieldhouse for him to find the sign. Our fans have always been smarter than the coach. Just ask them.

toddg
12-17-2012, 08:52 AM
To your face or on here? Good gosh. I am as excited as the next guy but let's let Stidam's career play out before we put anymore pressure on the kid beyond just being QB for Stephenville. Jones is going to be one tough act to follow and let's not forget he had ice water running through his veins in everyone of our big games. He came through every time.

not to mention his command of the offense...he ck'd off with lightning speed, he saw the field very well!

hollywood
12-17-2012, 11:08 AM
There's always doubters.

Successful people always have someone behind a corner trying to tear them down. Jones isn't loved by all, envy I suppose. He's a great QB and young man. He deserves all the credit he's worked hard for.

Stidham will have his chance. He helped the team where the coaches thought he could contribute the best this season.

toddg
12-17-2012, 11:25 AM
There's always doubters.

Successful people always have someone behind a corner trying to tear them down. Jones isn't loved by all, envy I suppose. He's a great QB and young man. He deserves all the credit he's worked hard for.

Stidham will have his chance. He helped the team where the coaches thought he could contribute the best this season.

i, for one...hope Jones and Gunter do end up at Texas State, and both have steller careers there...and let the "big" D1s scratch their heads, when they do!! i will be a Texas State fan and enjoy every minute of it..if they do!

There's always doubters.

And to think if C Washington hadent gotten hurt last year he wouldnt have had playing time his junior year.