PDA

View Full Version : State champs!!!!

Sville
12-15-2012, 02:51 AM
Great season and game El Campo!!!

I took the 4 state titles in 7 years for granted. I got spoiled. I soaked every minute of this one up. To me personally this one was as special as watching my little brother win one in '99. Coach Briles started the tradition but it is the young men of Stephenville past and present that have carried it on. It is all about them.

toddg
12-15-2012, 03:38 AM
Great season and game El Campo!!!

I took the 4 state titles in 7 years for granted. I got spoiled. I soaked every minute of this one up. To me personally this one was as special as watching my little brother win one in '99. Coach Briles started the tradition but it is the young men of Stephenville past and present that have carried it on. It is all about them.

we were 12 yards from winning our first one last year..so im a little envious, but also proud of our district 7 mates..congrats Jackets! state champs!!

87coog
12-15-2012, 08:07 AM
congratulations!! I know it feels good.

Old Green
12-15-2012, 08:15 AM
Congrats to the Yellowjackets on your 5th State Title!

GrTigers6
12-15-2012, 08:21 AM
Congrats, Maybe you can change the 'Win 5" shirts to "Won 5" :D
I had a pretty good feeling that yall would pull it off but knew it wouldnt be as easy as some of your fans were claiming.
As far as our season it makes it not look to bad when you have only 2 losses in 12 games and your 2 losses are to State champs and state semifinalists!
See ya in basketball and baseball!

vtskneb
12-15-2012, 09:47 AM
What a wonderful feeling! Congrats to the entire team and staff! We stood and watched the entire ceremony and let it sink in that the wait was over! Couldn't be prouder of the Jackets! The passion this team plays with will be remembered for a long time. Time to hit offseason and reload. Don't want mess with tradition gotta repeat!

hollywood
12-15-2012, 09:56 AM
I like your post vtskben! We did to and it was good to see the coaches, players, and fans soak it in and watch the ceremony. The many hours of preparation, training and focus it took to get there and then win the State Title game like they did was rewarding to say the least. You could see the relief, gratitude, accomplishing looks on their faces. Emotional for some and very understanding. I know several of the players and families and I am just estatic for them.

Congrats Jackets, you worked your tails off for it and accomplished the journey! #5 BABY!!
Like vtskben said above, follow tradition and work harder next year for #6!!

1971Coogs
12-15-2012, 10:01 AM
Welcome to the "5 Golden Rings" club !!! It is the year of the Yellow Jacket in Class AAA

jason
12-15-2012, 10:11 AM
win 6 jerseys now in production - they always win 2 in a row, right?

vtskneb
12-15-2012, 10:24 AM
1971 Coog, thanks for the kind words. Coogahs ya'll get to work, we got some history to re-live next fall!

ctown81
12-15-2012, 10:25 AM
win 6 jerseys now in production - they always win 2 in a row, right?

Jason, I will save the trash talk about next year for a few months. Enjoy it, Congrats to Stephenville.

Aggie98
12-15-2012, 10:38 AM
Congrats from Kilgore. You guys had a special kind of team this year.

MustangFootball
12-15-2012, 02:51 PM
Congrats Stephenville on another state championship, from an Ingleside Mustang fan.:clap: