PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Alvarado?

blitz39
11-17-2001, 03:04 AM
I thought that the Alvarado Indians always got up for this game. Apparently not! Looks like they were to worried about buying flower arrangments and getting geared up for Cunningham instead of Aledo. How embarrassing to get hammered by the man you get rid of and bad mouth the whole time.

blitz39
11-17-2001, 12:25 PM
I guess the two alvarado brothers are still a little teary eyed from last night. I can't wait till they get on here and explain this one.

the claw
11-17-2001, 02:02 PM
Alvarado did not get beat by Cunningham, they got outplayed by Aledo. Aledo was the better team last night and you gotta give them credit. But I don't see why I would be teary eyed since I don't play. That was a good one though.

Super Joe
11-17-2001, 02:58 PM
Do ya'll think that calling us "brothers" is trash talk or should make us feel bad. THats the second time I've seen that. Either way, the players on the field beat us, not Cunningham. Do you people not understand that Hamm had nothing to do with it. He is a freakin 9th grade coach. NOT a varsity coach. We were not outcoached, just outplayed. I believe that we could've played better. We had a bad first half which oyu cant do in the playoffs. WE lost because of that, not becausethey have better coaches.

FryDayFBFun
11-17-2001, 04:36 PM
Blitz, Aledo played a great game. ALvarado made early mistakes and could not recover. My hat off to Mr. Buchannon and his staff. They did a great job. By the way, it was him that coached that game. Mr. Cunningham may be a good coach, but from what i heard, it was an ethics deal. Like i said, i only heard and do not know first hand, but i do know legally, the school could not tell all they may know because of confidentiallity laws with minors. Anyone from Alvarado want to help us here? Aledo WAS the better team last night. Hope they go all the way. We might as well root for who beat us, why not? Also looks like Everman is on another roll!

FryDayFBFun
11-17-2001, 04:42 PM
Just in case you all are wondering, I am from Dallas, but consider Alvarado my team in Tarrant County along with Everman and Azle. I will be rooting for them like i do Alvarado. That was the 5th game i have seen this year. Thought it would be a great game. Boy was it ever even though the Indians lost.. Anyway, congrats to Aledo!

Eaglefan77
11-17-2001, 06:24 PM
Geeze to bad for Alvarado its sad to say but they obviously weren't the best team in their district I was reading an article in the Fort Worth paper last week which i found hilarious it said that the Alvarado coach said they earned eveything they had won.. He obviously forgot about Hillsboro......... Who indeed beat 10-0 Lake Worth 29-14 which is great we are finally starting to go somewhere first playoff game won since 1956

Super Joe
11-18-2001, 02:11 AM
That sure is some flimsy logic there Eaglefan! We did beat Hillsboro right? Our score was higher at the end of the game correct? We did drive 98 yards and take up 5:00 of the last 5:30 to score the game winning touchdown didn't we? That means we ARE the best team in our district. 5-0 as opposed to 3-2. That means we beat you and another team you lost too. So, head to head, we are better than Hillsboro. I am proud of them for beating a great team. Proud they are representing our district well. But, do NOT say that you are better than us. WE proved that untrue on a friday night a couple of weeks ago. We did earn everything we got this year. We earned both our losses. Just as you earned your loss to us. We beat you and Kennedale, making us UNDEFEATED through district. Now if you can logically tell me how you, 3-2 through district, are better than that, then please give it a try.

Ktown2004
11-18-2001, 04:02 PM
Hey Super Joe you need to chill,

Alvarado is a 4A team playing 3A schools and Alvarado 7th in the STATE, please. Ya you one District thats good for yall now you can FINALLY parade that trophy around knowing that you did beat the Kennedale Wildcats.
By the way who is still playing?
The "WIlDCATS AND THE EAGLES"
Maybe you can come WATCH us play in Wichita Falls since you wont be playing!

BrahmaFan
11-18-2001, 04:12 PM
Bellville beat Burnet and is ready for Bandera but it will be a hard one b/c they will have 5 people out bc of injuries.

deliriousmaniac
11-18-2001, 04:26 PM
wow brahmafan, that has nothing to do with Alvarado. Thanks for the info though!

Water Boy
11-18-2001, 04:57 PM
Super Joe,
I just can't stand it! I played for Hillsboro several years ago & your comments about the game this year make me want to throw up. You sound like you were there, but you obviously "missed" most of the game. Many folks from Hillsboro saw the "we earned it" comment & thought the same thing as my fellow Bird above - you earned nothing in that game against Hillsboro but a score in your win column that you SHOULD BE ASHAMED TO SAY YOU WON because you did not WIN IT - IT WAS GIVEN TO YOU BY A GROUP OF MEN(COWARDS) IN STRIPED SHIRTS!. I am sure your coaches did not remind you that your team had ZERO, YES, I SAID ZERO HOLDING PENALTIES the entire game! And for a team that ran the ball 50+ times, I call that a MIRACLE!!!!!! In addition, your home cooking clock keeper & those cowards ran about 15 seconds off the clock during the last 30 seconds of the ball game. Is any of this coming back to you now????
The only accomplishment in that entire game that I will give your team credit for was the 98 yard drive. Hillsboro did lose by 3 points, but they had at least 2 long plays called back for holding - how many long plays did your team have called back for holding? Hmmmm, I think I stated earlier that you had ZERO!!!!
This is Hillsboro's year to come alive & at the start of district, we all wondered if that would happen because they have been riddled with major injuries. They have overcome those injuries & are suppose to get two more players back this week.
You may have beat this team, but you did not EARN IT! It humors me that not one Alvarado person on this entire site has mentioned how you almost got beat by Hillsboro. You were paid back on Friday. Have fun in 4A!
By the way, Hillsboro was named CHEVROLET'S TEAM OF THE WEEK on Mike Doocy's SONIC'S INSIDE HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL SHOW. Way to go Eagles!

OL' INJUN
11-18-2001, 08:36 PM
is this ya'lls first playoff win? best i remember kennedale has seen many of alvarado's playoff games.
Originally posted by Ktown2004:
Hey Super Joe you need to chill,

Alvarado is a 4A team playing 3A schools and Alvarado 7th in the STATE, please. Ya you one District thats good for yall now you can FINALLY parade that trophy around knowing that you did beat the Kennedale Wildcats.
By the way who is still playing?
The "WIlDCATS AND THE EAGLES"
Maybe you can come WATCH us play in Wichita Falls since you wont be playing!

Super Joe
11-18-2001, 09:12 PM
EXECUTION. That is the reason we BEAT Hillsboro. BEAT Hillsoboro, and BEAT Kennedale. And even though we have 4A numbers, we had 0 football players move in. And the reason we had 0 holding penalties is becasue we blocked your asses all night long. We didnt even have to hold you. So, you won your playoff game, congratulations. that in no way means your better than us. Our game plan was simple. Execute while running. That we did, just as we beat you. We didn't almost lose to you. We just plain whipped your ass when the game was on the line. As far as our clock running off in the last 35 seconds.....it didnt happen, and also, it wouldnt matter. 2 hail mary passes would've been thrown anyway and we wouldve still made the interception on 4th down. Just because your dumb ass says that you're better doesn't mean crap. The scoreboard after those games shows we ARE the better team. Head to head you couldn't beat us so quit talking like you could.

Water Boy
11-18-2001, 09:43 PM
guess i hit a sore spot huh?

if you knew anything about football other than playing it, you would know that you do not have a running game like yours & not have one person hold one time the entire game. JUST DOES NOT HAPPEN. nuf said about the game dude, you know where i am coming from & how your team played & how hillsboro's played...

that is sad to hear that you have to move up to 4A & are not getting any new players with all this growth...not a good sign.

yes, ol'injun, this is hillsboro's first playoff win in 45 years. our program has been down for a very long time & we finally have some coaches that are turning the program around. not winnning a bi-district win for 45 years we are not proud of, but this win, we are proud of because we know it is the start of building a tradition like you already have in alvarado. every winning tradition started somewhere...and hillsboro's is this year. they are loaded with tons of talent in the lower classes.

and super joe, some advice, using profanity on a public message board only shows your immaturity & age.

good luck to alvarado in years to come, you did have a strong ball club this year.

TheSage
11-18-2001, 09:50 PM
Superjoey, remember giving me crap with your friend Alvaradobacker? An 11-3a coach actually told me , a while back, that Aledo had quality coaching and good kids, and would do well in the playoffs. All you guys did was talk crap about their coaching etc... Kennedale talk aside, eat it like a man.

playpepper
11-18-2001, 11:00 PM
Hey OL Injun,
It is safe to say that it is hard to see an Alvarado playoff game seeing as how they are one and out every year. At least they will not have to play Aledo in 4A next year. Or will they?

Super Joe
11-19-2001, 12:53 AM
Aledo is bigger than Alvarado, so they too will be going to wherever we go. And for al your information. Alvarado went to the
quarter-finals 3 years ago, so saying we "always" go one and out is a bit of an overstatement. And sage, eat what like a man?? I never said that we got screwed or anything of the sort. I said we couldve played better, made mistakes which cost us the game. I didnt mouth Buchanon or his staff other than Hamm. Which I openly dont like. So, "eating it" as you said doesnt make much sense. Good luck to both teams (hillsboro and aledo) in the playoffs. Also, kennedale. I hope our district is represented well. Whats the deal with kennedale people?? This is not to say the whole town, but come on, trash our field house and brand new field. Then with no mention of the town, someone from Kennedale bursts into the conversation. I know yall get your kicks from trying to make us look miserable, but if you look over the past few years. We've been better off than you. So how bout you keep out of this conversation. Noone invited you into it. Either way, I never said we didnt hold. We just hide it well. Good luck to Hillsboro, yall have a really good team.

Alvaradobacker
11-19-2001, 08:43 AM
Spice, don't start with me again. The only Aledo coach I ever said anything negative about was Cunningham. He still sucks. Whatever Aledo does in the playoffs, it's in spite of Cunningham. Buchanan is a great coach, and I've never said otherwise. His game plan for Friday night was excellent. Aledo played a great game. That Newton kid is explosive. Their offense is a whole new animal with him in the mix at quarterback. They've come light years since I watched them play Lake Worth. Aledo will give Vernon all they want this week. Good luck to the Bearcats.

Like I said several weeks ago, Alvarado had no passing game. I predicted it would bite them in the butt in the playoffs. It did. You can line up and run over the Kennedales and Hillsboros of the world, but you have to be more than one dimensional to do well in the playoffs.

It sure is tough to root for the other teams from your district when their fans come on here and act the way they have in this thread. But I will continue to pull for Hillsboro and Kennedale. It will take some of the sting away from an early playoff exit when I watch the teams Alvarado beat advance in the playoffs. If I were from Kennedale or Hillsboro, I'd be bitter toward the Indians, too. The butt kickings they get year after year from the Indians must really get old for those folks.

And for everybody putting Alvarado in 4A next year, I wouldn't be so hasty. I've heard from some reliable sources they're going to raise the 3A cap considerably. We may be 4A, but it's going to be close.

TheSage
11-19-2001, 11:42 AM
Backey, you were only included as a memory recall for superjoe.

[This message has been edited by TheSage (edited November 19, 2001).]

Super Joe
11-19-2001, 05:36 PM
sage, Was Kennedale ever mentioned in a post on this thread?? No, so you can take you ignorant posts somewhere else. If "all kennedale talk aside" was true, then why'd you even mention the name of your low-class town? Speak not lest ye be spoke spoken to.